PDA

View Full Version : Bewitched by Palin

TurfRuler
09-27-2008, 03:39 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedishrag/2008/09/did-sarah-palin.html

Aren’t Obama’s and Palin’s church denomination and pastors similar? Obama calls America the devil and Palin’s exorcises witches. Palin’s church is called Wasilla Assembly of God Church and Obama’s Trinity Church of Christ.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-onthemedia26-2008sep26,0,7467803.story

But I'll let the governor speak for herself:

" . . . where it is the taxpayers looking to bail out. But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the healthcare reform that is needed to help shore up our economy. Um, helping, oh -- it's got to be all about job creation too. Shoring up our economy, and putting it back on the right track. So healthcare reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions, and tax relief for Americans, and trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, um, scary thing, but 1 in 5 jobs being created in the trade sector today. We've got to look at that as more opportunity. All of those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that."

That mind-bender prompted Couric to muse, almost charitably, on "The Early Show" that Palin is "not always responsive when asked questions, and sometimes does slip back to her talking points."

JustRalph
09-27-2008, 03:48 PM
[url]That mind-bender prompted Couric to muse, almost charitably, on "The Early Show" that Palin is "not always responsive when asked questions, and sometimes does slip back to her talking points."

Wow! That really is unique..........slipping back to talking points.......politicians never do that? Do they?

Boats
09-27-2008, 03:49 PM
While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75-year old rancher whose hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Sarah Palin and her bid to be a heartbeat away from being President.

The old rancher said, “Well, ya know, Palin is a post turtle.”

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a post turtle was.

The old rancher said, “When you’re driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that’s a post turtle.”

The old rancher saw a puzzled look on the doctor’s face, so he continued to explain. “You know she didn’t get up there by herself, she doesn’t belong up there, she doesn’t know what to do while she is up there, and you just wonder what kind of dumb ass put her up there to begin with.

Tom
09-27-2008, 03:54 PM
So Biden is a post turtle too?

Sara puts Biden to shame.I know why Biden is where he is...dems always put the biggest loser fools they can find on the ticket. :lol::lol::lol:

FDR on TV in 1929.......Biden is a dope! A RUTABAGA!!!!

Boats
09-27-2008, 04:06 PM
So Biden is a post turtle too?
!

We will know next Thursday.

ElKabong
09-27-2008, 06:53 PM
Nah Boats, we already know.

bettheoverlay
09-27-2008, 06:53 PM
The McCain campaign was afraid to have Sarah appear after the debate to answer questions and provide the spin, whereas Biden appeared on all the networks. Sarah spent the day here in Philly jogging in the park, unavailable to any news media, and attending a fundraiser during the debate and then to seclusion. The McCain people themselves seem to be implying that she is clueless. She can't be nearly as stupid as she showed in the Couric interview. Expectations for her in the debate are so low that she will probably be declared the winner if she can just string a few coherent sentences together.

JustRalph
09-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Getting between Joe Biden and a camera could get you killed..............

Try to stop him? yeah right..............

HUSKER55
09-27-2008, 08:02 PM
It is my understanding that Obama'schurch got started with Rev Wright and his "socialization programs" for Black People only. That church is not open to everyone. Calling it a church may not be proper.

Palin's Church is open to all and has been there since day one. We have churches in Washington State that burned witches in their history. There are also some in the east. If you recall history the early churches of our founding fathers were puritanical, which is how the witch trials got started.

Big difference. Obama's is racist and Palin's is no different than the one you and I go to.

bettheoverlay
09-27-2008, 10:23 PM
Palin's is no different than the one you and I go to.

You ever been to a Pentecostal service?

DJofSD
09-27-2008, 10:43 PM
While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75-year old rancher whose hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Sarah Palin and her bid to be a heartbeat away from being President.

The old rancher said, “Well, ya know, Palin is a post turtle.”

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a post turtle was.

The old rancher said, “When you’re driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that’s a post turtle.”

The old rancher saw a puzzled look on the doctor’s face, so he continued to explain. “You know she didn’t get up there by herself, she doesn’t belong up there, she doesn’t know what to do while she is up there, and you just wonder what kind of dumb ass put her up there to begin with.
Behold the turtle who makes no progress unless he sticks his head out.

OTM Al
09-27-2008, 11:20 PM
Just as a fact check here, I believe that she left the Pentacostal church before she ran for Gov in Alaska and switched to a more mainstream evangelical type church. I do not know why this was done and will not post any supposition

boxcar
09-28-2008, 02:02 AM
Nah Boats, we already know.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

The Judge
09-28-2008, 09:39 AM
How did you come about this so called "understanding" that it was a black only church can you guide up to the source of this "understanding" did you read it somewhere if so where.

I fine it strange that it would be true seeing as how they have had white preachers, preach from the pulpit at Trinity,and Rev.Wright has been given awards from white churches and colleges.

Give me your sources or is this just more of the same,make it up as you go. maybe you should re-read your "Take A moment To Ponder" post it made a lot more sense then your new post.

Tom
09-28-2008, 12:06 PM
All I know is the VP debate id delaying the season premier of CSI....so they both can kiss my butt.

rrpic6
09-29-2008, 01:43 PM
We will know next Thursday.

My early Morning line of Palin bowing out as the VP Candidate was originally 12-1. My new line is 4-1. Any takers? If she somehow makes it to Thursday's Debate before resigning and gives another blabbering effort, it goes down to EVEN money on Friday.

On a different thread on here, a week or so ago, I compared Palin to a Class A pitcher being called up to the Major Leagues. I know a lot more about baseball than politics, so I made a mistake. She's someone trying out for a Little League team that gets called up to pitch in the upcoming playoffs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8__aXxXPVc

RR

Marshall Bennett
09-29-2008, 02:52 PM
Much of a debate isn't how well you know the issues , but how well you pretend to know them . Good debaters use their personality and persona to overcome their lack of knowledge . Your 4 -1 is way out of line , go back to 12 - 1 .

PaceAdvantage
09-30-2008, 11:39 PM
My early Morning line of Palin bowing out as the VP Candidate was originally 12-1. My new line is 4-1. Any takers? If she somehow makes it to Thursday's Debate before resigning and gives another blabbering effort, it goes down to EVEN money on Friday.

On a different thread on here, a week or so ago, I compared Palin to a Class A pitcher being called up to the Major Leagues. I know a lot more about baseball than politics, so I made a mistake. She's someone trying out for a Little League team that gets called up to pitch in the upcoming playoffs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8__aXxXPVc

RRLife never goes as planned, especially for a lefty...:lol:

Because you geniuses set the bar so low, she's probably going to end up looking like she hit it out of the park....just my guess....

Do you really get to be Governor of ANY state based on absolutely no intelligence or substance? Because that's what you're saying...

ElKabong
09-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Sarah's appeal has always been to connect with people that have felt themselves to be on the outside looking in, for DC politics. All she has to do is (1) be herself, (2) speak to the undecided voters in swing states. If she pulls it off Thurs nite, Mccain- Palin is in.

Those "undecided" voters are looking for something different than Mccain or 0bama. Otherwise their mind w/h been made by now. Biden's an old hand, everyone knows about him. Undecideds aren't going to swing to him. Sarah holds her own, and is able to make that connection only she can do of the 4 running, that will be the difference.

Just let Sarah be Sarah & things will work out fine.

HUSKER55
10-01-2008, 03:11 AM
got it off the internet. look it up. Came straight from the Rev's mouth

I have friend in Chicago, who writes for the state bar association, and that church is more political than most. look it up.

Generally politics and churches are not linked.

That is what I believe and you are correct I should have stated that differently and made it more clear that it was my point of view.

I apologize for that error.

husker55