PDA

View Full Version : Cappin Chatter - 9/27

nobeyerspls
09-27-2008, 09:26 AM
Chalky - What are you doing with all those losing tickets and manila envelopes? You haven't even looked at the Belmont section of the Form.
Longball - Where have you been? On another planet? The government will pass a bill this weekend to buy bad investments and these are mine. I was saving them for an IRS audit but I figure to get thirty cents to the dollar in the reverse auction. Should clear about $12K. Oh, and I'm not touching Belmont. Those wusses cancelled yesterday after I put an hour in on the form. I'm doing Turfway instead.
Chalky - Turfway! Are you nuts? You've picked one horse there in the past year and that one got scratched.
Longball - Didn't you read Hijack's post in the other section about the huge pick four payout? I'm going to nail it. In the 1st #8 Skippy O (5-1) is a freshened mare with back class. The 2nd will go to #9 Cohen the Barbarian (6-1). I love his work pattern, especially the 6f breeze under 1:14. In the 3rd I'm going three deep with #4 Flaming Glory (5-1), #6 Darling Mon (6-1), and #7 Early Return (6-1). The latter just broke his maiden but the time was decent. I like #10 Webcast (10-1) in the 4th, he comes here from Saratoga for Eddie Kennealy and has a nice 4f CD work. Not sure how he'll take to poly so I'll add numbers 1,6, and 7 to the ticket. There you are, twelve bucks for what could be the whole pool.
Chalky - Don't you ever pay any attention to the database guys on here. Your shortest price key horse is 5-1 and you've got only one, Coal Baron (5/2) in the 4th, that has a chance at being the favorite. If favorites win one out of three you'll be left holding a $12 bookmark. I thought that you would do Belmont so I went to Woodbine for my picks. You stunk there last week so I will try to redeem us. The winner of the 2nd race is #4 Promising Dancer (4-1). Forgive that turf disaster as he isn't bred for that surface. Back to poly and not much to beat. In the 4th I'll go with #9 L.A. Rules (5/2). I think that the pace guys would pick him as he comes out of a race with blistering early fractions.
Longball - You'll be lucky to get even money on that last one. Look, I've had my eye on this scooter and I'm about two grand short. Could you lend me that until the government processes my claim?
Chalky - I've got a better idea. Take it out of your Turfway score.

John Eh
09-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Im good for # :2: Before the Prom 8/1 (Jockey,trainer combo)

$10 place

John Eh :)