PDA

View Full Version : Obama 'better'?

wonatthewire1
09-26-2008, 04:55 PM
Some dim-commie put out this link for taxes under each candidate's proposals and the dim-commies over at Yahoo give some examples.

The tool

http://www.electiontaxes.com/

The slanted story

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080926/ap_on_el_pr/election_tax_burden

JustRalph
09-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Some dim-commie put out this link for taxes under each candidate's proposals and the dim-commies over at Yahoo give some examples.

The tool

http://www.electiontaxes.com/

The slanted story

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080926/ap_on_el_pr/election_tax_burden

Your a blast.......... acting like you support McCain etc...........I thought it was Sarcasm at first..........now I think you are just transparent.

Btw, if you make under 250k and Obama doesn't raise your taxes, do they have a line on that page for when your Boss or your Corporate Employer starts paying higher taxes and it all rolls down hill on you?

Didn't think so.................

wonatthewire1
09-27-2008, 10:28 AM
Your a blast.......... acting like you support McCain etc...........I thought it was Sarcasm at first..........now I think you are just transparent.

Btw, if you make under 250k and Obama doesn't raise your taxes, do they have a line on that page for when your Boss or your Corporate Employer starts paying higher taxes and it all rolls down hill on you?

Didn't think so.................

I make more than 250k so Barry is not getting this vote
But he should carry the state pretty easily though, so it doesn't matter from my POV.
Actually support neither candidate - they aren't up for the job - nor are their backups. It is going to be very difficult to reverse the explosion of govt spending and trim head count - can't see either being able to get that done.

So your tax argument is porous - the bill will come due - perhaps we'll get lucky and not live that long to pay it.

:eek:

PaceAdvantage
09-28-2008, 08:02 PM
It sounds to me as if McCain will be the most effective leader when it comes to bailing us out effectively from this economic slow down.

From the debates, it appears Obama will be seriously stymied and all his grand plans run amok because of current economic conditions. Obama is looking to spend spend spend (while cutting the military of course).

McCain is willing to go so far as a spending freeze in Washington.

pandy
09-28-2008, 08:49 PM
It sounds to me as if McCain will be the most effective leader when it comes to bailing us out effectively from this economic slow down.

From the debates, it appears Obama will be seriously stymied and all his grand plans run amok because of current economic conditions. Obama is looking to spend spend spend (while cutting the military of course).

McCain is willing to go so far as a spending freeze in Washington.

Again, I agree, even a Dem. controlled Congress won't pass most of Obama's high-priced programs during a recession. However, if he wins a 2nd term, it could be bad news for the middle class. I thought McCain was a lock until the wall st meltdown, now Obama has a clear edge as many people will believe that Bush caused these economic problems, which is ridiculous.

NJ Stinks
09-28-2008, 09:20 PM
Again, I agree, even a Dem. controlled Congress won't pass most of Obama's high-priced programs during a recession. However, if he wins a 2nd term, it could be bad news for the middle class. I thought McCain was a lock until the wall st meltdown, now Obama has a clear edge as many people will believe that Bush caused these economic problems, which is ridiculous.

When you cut taxes while fighting a war, you have to be man enough to accept responsibility for economic problems.

Good luck refuting that, Pandy.

JustRalph
09-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Bob Barr is a little goofy, but he starting to look better and better..............

pandy
09-28-2008, 11:10 PM
When you cut taxes while fighting a war, you have to be man enough to accept responsibility for economic problems.

Good luck refuting that, Pandy.

Bush's tax cuts had absolutely nothing to do with this economic problem, which has been brewing for much longer than 8 years. I'm not saying that the Republicans ran the economy well, both parties are at fault for letting Wall St run amok and mis-managing the Federal Reserve and Fannie/Freddie. Ultimately we still need lower taxes and less spending for the country to flourish. If the middle class paid something reasonable, like a 10% tax, they wouldn't have to borrow so much, they'd have cash, and the economy wouldn't tether on disaster.