PDA

View Full Version : I agree with this email I received. Discuss.

dav4463
09-26-2008, 04:22 PM
TO ALL MY FRIENDS....LIBERAL OR CONSERVATIVE...

George Bush has been in office for 7 1/2 years. The first six the economy was fine.
A little over one year ago:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) the unemployment rate was 4.5%.
4) the DOW JONES hit a record high--14,000 +
5) American's were buying new cars, taking cruises, vacations overseas, living large!...

But American's wanted 'CHANGE'! So, in 2006 they voted in a Democratic Congress and yes--we got 'CHANGE' all right. In the PAST YEAR:
1) Consumer confidence has plummeted ;
2) Gasoline is now over $4 a gallon & climbing!;
3) Unemployment is up to 5.5% (a 10% increase);
4) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $12 TRILLION DOLLARS and prices still dropping;
5) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.
6) as I write, THE DOW is probing another low~~
$2.5 TRILLION DOLLARS HAS EVAPORATED FROM THEIR STOCKS, BONDS &
MUTUAL FUNDS INVESTMENT PORTFOLIOS!

YES, IN 2006 AMERICA VOTED FOR CHANGE...AND WE SURE GOT IT!

REMEMBER, THE PRESIDENT HAS NO CONTROL OVER ANY OF THESE ISSUES, ONLY CONGRESS.

NOW, THE DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT CLAIMS HE IS GOING TO REALLY GIVE US CHANGE ALONG WITH A DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS!!!

JUST HOW MUCH MORE 'CHANGE' DO YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND?

Show Me the Wire
09-26-2008, 04:26 PM
I agree. The dem led congress is a complete failure and their leadership is a joke.

As far as discussion, if you followed of-topic I posted several examples and facts about the current dem leadership failures and lack of policies, which led to this point in time.

Cangamble
09-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Economic cycles, housing cyles, etc. happen and usually they have nothing to do with who is in power.
The price of oil has a lot of things that affect it, including the Iraq war.
I think you need to show direct cause and affect between your list and what the Dem's voted for, or else I can easily dismiss these things as mostly coincidence and cherry picking.

HUSKER55
09-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Dems and their damn programs for this and that are the root cause of all evil.

If Obama wins then buy stock in vaseline because that is the only company that will make money.

The Judge
09-26-2008, 04:46 PM
inherited a booming economy and a surplus from Democratic President Clinton. It took them that long to bankrupt us all. Their buddies stole up blind.

Does a war that was based on lies have anything to do with spending MONEY?

What about Regan and deregulation. Why does Newt Gringrich say Capitalizm on the way up Socializm on the way down. What does that have to do with a democrat? The Republicans are going to sign a bail-out bill then talk about how they had no choice but fough for the little-guy and you guys buy it hook line and sinker.

George Bush is steering this ship and if its run aground he is the Captian no matter who or how you slice it.

There are two many thieves hanging around our money not to regulate them. If the Rebulicans hadn't pushed deregulation down our throats we wouldn't be in this mess.

ArlJim78
09-26-2008, 04:54 PM
Bush inherited a tech stock bubble burst, followed by 9/11 and then came two wars.

but somehow things were holding together until the dems grabbed ahold of congress and the whole thing has been spiraling down ever since. now we supposedly are facing economic doomsday.

thank you dingy, nancy, Dodd, Barney, Biden, and of course The Great One.

witchdoctor
09-26-2008, 05:11 PM
Dems and their damn programs for this and that are the root cause of all evil.

If Obama wins then buy stock in vaseline because that is the only company that will make money.

K Y Jelly stock will probably do OK also.

JustRalph
09-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Bush inherited a tech stock bubble burst, followed by 9/11

Funny how he left that part out...............

dav4463
09-27-2008, 01:50 AM
Funny how he left that part out...............

Yeah, it is convenient to forget about those planes crashing into buildings isn't it?

And the Clinton economic boom....a bunch of dot coms that fell apart as fast as they took off.

ddog
09-27-2008, 10:15 AM
calls into question ones sanity,dav.
foolish small posting there.

The Judge
09-27-2008, 10:20 AM
clueless the Democrats seem to know when to lose an election they seem to always leave the Republicans holding the bag. The biggest bailouts in history and who is office on "all" occasions the"Repubicans" how unlucky. They just happen to be at the scene of the crime each time and their fingerprints are everywhere but it was some other "dude" not them.http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9D0CE0D81E3BF937A25753C1A9669582 60and lets not forget that other great Repubican Neil Bush and Silverado Saving and Loan the he raided and left us to pay off http://www.amazon.com/Silverado-Neil-Bush-Savings-Scandal/dp/0915765896.

They didn't cause any of this they de-regulated so that their friends could steal our money and you say its the Democrats who were for regulation or the poor and minorities because they saw what was going on and wanted some of the pie.

Tom
09-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Bush handled Al Qeda and insurgents. The only enemies of America he could not stop are the DEMOCRATS.

NJ Stinks
09-27-2008, 12:14 PM
As much as Republicans pretend it isn't true, Dems can't do anything in Congress without 60 Senators voting their way. Bush holds the hammer.

You can look it up. Or you can make things up.

lsbets
09-27-2008, 12:31 PM
NJ, that is the lamest excuse for the pitiful "leadership" of the Dem party anyone could possibly come up with.

Fact - throughout our history Congress has been able to pass much, if not all of their agenda without a supermajority and with a President of a different party. Bob Dole and George Mitchell come to mind as recent Senate Majority leaders who managed to get stuff done.

Myth - just about everything I've seen you post.

Face it - Harry Reid is a joke. Put someone competent in as majority leader and you might be surprised at how much the Dems pass without holding 60 seats.

But, guys like you and Reid would rather have excuses and not have to do anything. Responsibility comes along with doing.

JustRalph
09-27-2008, 01:18 PM
I wonder how Reagan got all that stuff done with Tip O'neill standing in the way?

The Judge
09-27-2008, 03:04 PM
Seem's as if Regan got some Democrats to go along with his plan.
http://books.google.com/books?id=9H2YplGQb5MC&pg=PA231&lpg=PA231&dq=tip+o'neill+deregulation&source=web&ots=kl9EeIobx_&sig=aGo04LpkkMGBppzUFjnyttAr750&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result#PPA232,M1
but its clear that the idea of deregulating savings and loans, banks, and other financial institutions can be laid at the feet of Ronald Regan. The simple truth is you cannot deregulate thieves when they are around money they will take it.

Tom
09-27-2008, 03:36 PM
As much as Republicans pretend it isn't true, Dems can't do anything in Congress without 60 Senators voting their way. Bush holds the hammer.

You can look it up. Or you can make things up.

Not true. They only need a simple majority to pass the Sell Out...Bush will not veto it. All the have to do is show some leadership :lol::lol: and vote on it.
FACT is they are afraid to do ANYTHING for fear of reprisals when it fails.
The ONLY leadership in congress is the house repubs.

Look it up.