PDA

View Full Version : Code Pink speaks for you? Meets Iran's AmADinnerJacket in NY

JustRalph
09-26-2008, 12:18 AM
Calling it a “major step forward” in relations between Iran and the United States, leading activists Medea Benjamin and Jodie Evans of CODEPINK Women for Peace — along with more than 150 other U.S. peace group representatives — met Wednesday afternoon with Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad here following his appearance at the United Nations General Assembly on Tuesday. ...

“U.S. government officials are quick to stir up hostilities with Iran, but the American people are tired of war,” said Benjamin, co-founder of the nonpartisan women’s peace group CODEPINK. “The peace movement represents the sentiment of the majority of Americans who want our two countries to find ways to work together and improve relations. We are modeling the behavior we want to see our government adopt.”

The CODEPINK women proposed inviting American and Iranian artists to build a “peace park” in Tehran, a memorial dedicated to people-to-people commitment to peace and diplomacy between our two countries. ...

“It’s rare for a head of state to take time during an official U.N. visit to meet with the peace community, especially in a situation where the host government—represented by the Bush administration—is so hostile,” said Evans, co-founder of CODEPINK. “The fact that the meeting took place and was so positive is, in itself, a major step forward.”

prospector
09-26-2008, 12:44 AM
keep the u.n, move codepink

PaceAdvantage
09-26-2008, 01:22 AM
The saddest part of all of this is that Medea (who seems to be worshipped as some sort of far-left heroine because of her antics) has actually deluded herself to the point that she comes away from this meeting thinking she has made some sort of impact on ol' Mahmoud.

Silly, misguided girl....

ArlJim78
09-26-2008, 05:12 AM
Mahmoud merely uses these people as useful idiots. Larry King as well.

He can use this back home to show that although Bush makes him out to be evil and Iran as a nation that supports terrorism, that the American people are actually quite supportive and enamored with him.

The looney left has no problem aligning themselves with madmen as long as those madmen hate Bush.

ddog
09-26-2008, 08:32 AM
no, the sadest part is that most don't seem to understand, that the "jacket" is the distraction, carnival barker,pitch man in the deal.

you are looking in the wrong direction, notice who doesn't meet with such irrelevances as the pinks.

Tom
09-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Mahmoud merely uses these people as useful idiots. Larry King as well.

I wonder if Larry King drinks out the toilet? His standards appear to very low.
He give this obvious nut job a national podium....nice touch, Larry.

Suff
09-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Those 150 other peace groups in attendance?

Every Christian Church in the US.

Roman Catholic Diocese of the US
US Baptist Church
Presbyterian Church of the United States
World Council on Churches
Lutheran Church of the United States...

Print this entire thread.... look at it good. You will see every reason America is in the shape it is in. You don't need the news, or newspapers or op-eds or books. This thread is the MONA LISA of America's fall.

ArlJim78
09-26-2008, 11:29 AM
I agree, America has slid down because of the prominence of nutty disgraceful groups like Code Pink.

PaceAdvantage
09-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Good to hear from you again Suff...and I mean that sincerely.

America isn't in all that bad shape. It's probably being overblown a bit because these businesses want that handout from big ol' gov't.

Some banks blew it big time. They screwed up royally. They were told by Democrats to give loans to those who couldn't afford it, and now the Dem Chickens are coming home to ROOST, yet your boy Barney Frank manages to stay above the fray.

Bush wanted stricter oversight on Fannie and Freddie in 2003 and your boy Barney said that kind of thinking was unnecessary and it will only serve to hurt the poor and underprivileged looking for that American Dream.

If you see Barney, thank him for his part in getting America into its present shape, as you put it....

Now, tell me how dumb I am and how I represent all that is evil in the world for posting what I just posted. I love when you do that....

Tom
09-27-2008, 10:15 AM
Barney Frank.......never has there been one single person who could improve a country so much just by leaving it. the only good thing about him is you can't understand half what he mumbles.

Tom
09-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Maybe this will help.....