PDA

View Full Version : Another give a way

joanied
09-25-2008, 06:52 PM
http://news.bloodhorse.com/article/47207.htm

Nice T shirts... wonder how many they got?
I want one:jump:

cj's dad
09-25-2008, 07:08 PM
http://news.bloodhorse.com/article/47207.htm

Nice T shirts... wonder how many they got?
I want one:jump:

Not a giveaway Joanie cost is $5 if you really want one (i'm going up Saturday AM) I'll pick one up for you and send it on - lemme know.

joanied
09-25-2008, 07:30 PM
Not a giveaway Joanie cost is $5 if you really want one (i'm going up Saturday AM) I'll pick one up for you and send it on - lemme know.

Yeah :blush: ....the give away is a staduim seat...which is s pretty nice give a way...bet they won't have many of 'em though!!

Yes, I would like one of the T shirts, cj's dad... I just used the link in the announcment thinking I could order one online...NOT...so, yes, if you can get me one, without having to go through any troubles, like having to wait in line forever, or fight off someone wanting to buy the last one :D please do get me one...
if you get one, let me know and I'll email you my address...I'll pay for the shirt & postage...THANKS, I really:ThmbUp: appreciate the offer.

Grits
09-26-2008, 08:58 AM

CJ's dad, I hope you and Storm Cadet have your rain suits. I think you're gonna need 'em.

This NorEaster is affecting all of our east coast with rain and high winds. I haven't seen the sun in the last three days.

You guys have fun, and I hope you see history made.

"Curlin--don't mind that mud, son. You'll be back in the barn by dinnertime and lying on your 4ft deep bed of straw." Much good racing luck!

OTM Al
09-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Don't worry about the rain. The overhang at Belmont more than well covers the seats. It would have to be just plain vicious for the weather to get into the seating area at Belmont

Grits
09-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Don't worry about the rain. The overhang at Belmont more than well covers the seats. It would have to be just plain vicious for the weather to get into the seating area at Belmont

OTM Al, I'm talking Point A to Point B. I'd be doing valet parking in the kind of rain and wind we've had!!

cj's dad
09-26-2008, 10:38 AM
My son and I are flying in and Storm Cadet and Bill W are picking us up at the airport. I've had the same seats for the past 2 years and they are great-right at the line. This year is turning out to be a mini "Toga South" event with the following PA members in attendance:

Justin (my son)- jmilkowski
Ron- Storm Cadet (and a friend)
Bill= Bill W
Darrell-Zaf
Kyle-kyle2227
Andy & Jeff (Darrells friends who spend a few days at the Toga tent)
If any PA members are in the area and want to stop by we are in 3K- Row A - Preferred Grandstand
After we leave Belmont, we are going to the "Palace" in Nassau county for simulcast- what a life:jump:
OTM Al, I'm talking Point A to Point B. I'd be doing valet parking in the kind of rain and wind we've had!!

point given
09-26-2008, 11:12 AM

Dress warmly as that cold and wind can really cut through you up there in the stratosphere. Too bad the weather will most likely keep many away from a great day of racing, the racing g-ds have not been kind to the metro area this year and last for fall racing on the big days.

Stevie Belmont
09-26-2008, 12:34 PM
It should be umbrella give away day...Tomorrow looks to be a soaker..I hope the big races stay on the lawn

OTM Al
09-26-2008, 12:42 PM

Don't you understand, the racing is EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! :D

titans1127
09-26-2008, 12:44 PM
I would expect they will try everything they can to keep tomorrows important grass races on, but they already moved 2 of the 3 turf stakes races to Wednesday and they hope they can get the other one off as scheduled

joanied
09-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Man, Mother Nature has really been mean to NY this year...Saratoga was a mess, and now this...hell, even last year's BC was a weather disaster...maybe the racing gods are testing us:eek:
Rain or shine, I'd give half of Curlin's earnings to be there... hope every race goes and all the best horses win.
At least the weather on the west coast looks good...be very interesting to see them all on the Pro Ride.

I just looked up the weather for Elmont for tomorrow online...they have the percentage for rain starting at 1pm as 60%...which beats the hell out of 100%...maybe, if we all think postive, the rain might stop by early afternoon...
"rain, rain, go away, you can come back on another day":)

All you lucky SOB's that get to be there...have a great:jump: day and hope your picks all win:ThmbUp:

:( I wanna be there :( waaahhhh!!!

PaceAdvantage
09-26-2008, 06:56 PM
I suck....I'm going to miss this live....

joanied
09-26-2008, 08:13 PM
I suck....I'm going to miss this live....

HUH:confused:
Ya mean you won't be there??

098poi
09-26-2008, 09:05 PM
If anyone is going and would buy me a shirt to ship to me please PM me. Thanks!

Stevie Belmont
09-27-2008, 12:03 AM
Curlin loves the slop, and could very well be sloppy..

All the stakes races are great, can't wait to see Fabulous Stike

Ginger Punch faces a new challenger in Cocoa Beach, I think that one will run a big race

joanied
09-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Curlin loves the slop, and could very well be sloppy..

All the stakes races are great, can't wait to see Fabulous Stike

Ginger Punch faces a new challenger in Cocoa Beach, I think that one will run a big race

I posted my picks in another thread...
hope you are wrong about Cocoa Beach, stevieb...I'll be very depressed if Ginger gets beat...I think she has no trouble in the slop?

Yeah...Curlin should win this, and I expect him to...slop or not...and I think Mambo in Seattle is going to be right there with Curlin down the lane...should be a hell of a race!!

Hope the sun shines...I checked the wqeather and it does say only 60% chance of rain after 1pm today...but, I suppose the track will not dry out.

Have a great race day!!

Stevie Belmont
09-28-2008, 03:10 PM
It was Cocoas Day...From the betting perspective, I thought she was the play for the win. GP has has a long season..and she still ran great.

joanied
09-29-2008, 01:16 PM
yeah, Cocoa Beach ran great...and although I am really bummed about Ginger...the champ ran awesome even in defeat... she may be a little tired and the track didn't help.

joanied
09-30-2008, 01:13 PM
I wanted one of the Curlin t Shirts...hell, I wanted to be at Belmont last Saturday, and figured I was:( s*** outta luck...
but a certain someone here was kind and generous:ThmbUp: and got me:jump: a T shirt....and this is my public thank you to him....

THANK YOU very much!!
:)

joanied
10-03-2008, 06:46 PM
I wanted one of the Curlin t Shirts...hell, I wanted to be at Belmont last Saturday, and figured I was:( s*** outta luck...
but a certain someone here was kind and generous:ThmbUp: and got me:jump: a T shirt....and this is my public thank you to him....

THANK YOU very much!!
:)

You know who you are...I couldn't figure out how to send this photo PM, so I'm kinda giving up being 'faceless' on the fourm...because I want you to see how you've made my day:jump: