PDA

View Full Version : Bush's Speech

Tom
09-25-2008, 10:17 AM
We have come full circle.
BOTH Bush 41 and 43 have now puked on national TV. :rolleyes:

All I heard last night was "Grab your ankles...here it comes."

But he did talk to the Lehman Brothers personally....I think it was Harpo.

ArlJim78
09-25-2008, 10:58 AM
it was a wonderful speech. i got a real laugh from this line though;

“I’m a strong believer in free enterprise.”

ezpace
09-25-2008, 04:45 PM
don't U think upon using that great memory of yours

that he looks more like ross perot than "read my lips"

I mean they ran in same circles about that time

and it was "TExassssss" ;) ;)

Rookies
09-25-2008, 05:14 PM
GREAT Speech Tom ! That is from El Presidente Newman ( Alfred E ) :lol:

He rallied those troops didn't he ? Because he has such currency with everyone...as of 5:15... NO CIGAR !

Maybe those clips of the " Economy is sound " the last 6 times he came out of the bunker to speak are biteing him in the arse.

What a clod ! Can we all get through the next 3 months without Armageddon ?

wonatthewire1
09-25-2008, 09:05 PM
We have come full circle.
BOTH Bush 41 and 43 have now puked on national TV. :rolleyes:

But he did talk to the Lehman Brothers personally....I think it was Harpo.

I wonder how history will ultimately judge him . Have noticed that no one is talking about his "legacy" but don't think that he was that caught up in it like other Presidents. Quite a few wild swings from one direction to almost the exact opposite.

Tom
09-25-2008, 10:26 PM
A president's legacy is 100% irrelevant to anything. The only think I care about is the screw job he is giving us today. Once you flush the bowl, presidents and turds are gone forever.

Rookies
09-25-2008, 11:22 PM
Have noticed that no one is talking about his "legacy" :lol:

Let's see now:

1) " Mission FUBARed"
2) " Economy teetering on 1929.

Yep, that'll sow up the vote for bottom feeder of all time.:D

bigmack
09-25-2008, 11:46 PM

Time for a change, huh?

Will a change in party make everything better for you?

Canadians are quick to weigh in: :lol: :lol:

JustRalph
09-26-2008, 12:28 AM
Have noticed that no one is talking about his "legacy" :lol:

Let's see now:

1) " Mission FUBARed"

1 in case you haven't noticed. We won the War in Iraq. I admit it was screwed the first 3 years.........but a decisive victory has been handed to the Iraqi's........it is up to them to keep it..........

2- Plenty of blame to go around on the economy....... You can't put much of it on Bush at all.............most of it came out of the Congress

ddog
09-26-2008, 08:50 AM
everbody danced while the band was playing jr, everybody.

way too easy to push it all off on congress, way too easy and pointless in the long run.

actually at least he didn't being an immediate crash as i feared he could , so that was a relief.

Indulto
09-26-2008, 12:54 PM
1 in case you haven't noticed. We won the War in Iraq. I admit it was screwed the first 3 years.........but a decisive victory has been handed to the Iraqi's........it is up to them to keep it..........By what criteria did WE win? What exactly do WE have to show for our involvement in Iraq? Does the average Iraqi who isn't a Kurd consider himself a victor? Would the Kurds remain victorious without a U.S. presence?2- Plenty of blame to go around on the economy....... You can't put much of it on Bush at all.............most of it came out of the CongressAre you saying the war had nothing to do with the economy? Who was the majority party when "most of IT came out?" What's the definition of "it," anyway.

DJofSD
09-26-2008, 01:08 PM

Tom, I have an expression for that: BOHICA -- bend over, here it comes again!

cmoore
09-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Bush said today " We will rise above and come together with a plan for this financial crisis". That guy is frickin clueless. The biggest idiot ever voted into the presidency..You and your cronies who said the economy is strong for the last 3 years should of seen something like this was coming and done something about it. But his wallstreet buddies kept on coming out with false quarterly reports. Stocks continued to be naked shorted. Home prices atronomically high. The CEO of overstock has been talking about naked shorting for years..Everyone thought he was crazy. I didn't..Paulson, the ex CEO of Goldman Sachs, who received 53 million dollars total compensation when he left. His ex employer is in trouble and probably will one of the businesses that get some of this BAIL OUT money. You think he didn't know they were in trouble. They all rode the band wagon as far as it would take them..Now he comes to Congress wanting a blank check for 700 billion. We've maxed out our credit, now we need the taxpayers to bail us out. But please don't be mad that we all got paid and now we are making you the taxpayer pay for it. Here's one more thing..Why was the uptick rule in shorting taken out only months ago? That was implemented decades ago. You couldn't short a stock unless it went up. Kind of coincidence isn't it. They all knew exactly what they were doing..

RaceBookJoe
09-26-2008, 02:56 PM
As a trader, i loved the fact that the uptick rule got taken out...but was very aware of the danger. It was instituted as a safety valve. The actual rule for shorting was....you could only short on an uptick OR a zero-plus tick. The zpt means that you could short a stock as long as the stocks last print was the same price IF the second to last print was an uptick. I really believe that the people in charge knew what they were doing and how bad things were going to be. I would love to see the stock accounts of those in charge to be made public....i am betting they were shorting or at least buying put options like crazy. I recommend that everyone learn the art of trading, if they want to be in the wall street game, Read, react and make money because buy and hold is a roller coaster ride and most people either dont have the stomach for it or buy/sell at the worst times. rbj

Tom
09-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Yup. And about every democrat is lining up to vote YES on his plan!
And it has to be done today!

Yadda yadda yadda.......the dems of morons - every one of them.
Not a set among them - THEY control both houses and the president is on board - NO VETO.

Yet, that spineless dweeb Dingy Harry is scared to vote on it and pass it because he know it will fail and then HE will be responsible. He is trying to lure repubs into it so he can shift the blame to them when it does. The coward, the wimp, the TRAITOR! Putting self interests ahead of the country - break out the rope - we got Sadamm Hussein PArt II - swing that MF coward traitor.

In the house, same thing, but with a very questinable American Binlosi,
Terrorist friend and supporter.

JustRalph
09-26-2008, 04:01 PM
Bush said today " We will rise above and come together with a plan for this financial crisis". That guy is frickin clueless. The biggest idiot ever voted into the presidency..You and your cronies who said the economy is strong for the last 3 years should of seen something like this was coming and done something about it. B

Ummm............ wasn't that Bush who tried to institute reforms on Fannie and Freddie? Wasn't that Bush who warned in 2003 that there had to be more oversight? Take a look................ no reason to go after Bush on the housing deals............ he tried to get more regulation and it got tossed out by Congress............

H5tZc8oH--o

PaceAdvantage
09-26-2008, 06:44 PM
everbody danced while the band was playing jr, everybody.

way too easy to push it all off on congress, way too easy and pointless in the long run.This kind of talk isn't going to fly...not while knowing that if it weren't for the fact that many DEMOCRATS have blood on their hands in this "crisis," there would be WALL-TO-WALL BLAME THE REPUBLICANS COVERAGE going on in the media at the moment.

Since the biased media in this country can't claim that Republicans are solely to blame, all of a sudden, it's a "we're all in this together" mentality.

Indulto
09-26-2008, 07:15 PM
This kind of talk isn't going to fly...not while knowing that if it weren't for the fact that many DEMOCRATS have blood on their hands in this "crisis," there would be WALL-TO-WALL BLAME THE REPUBLICANS COVERAGE going on in the media at the moment.

Since the biased media in this country can't claim that Republicans are solely to blame, all of a sudden, it's a "we're all in this together" mentality.I wish all members of both parties repsonsible could be held accountable. The fact that Democrats are also rushing to wrap this up is not a good sign.

I'd like to hear from PA and BgM as to why they think McCain and Republicans, generally, are more likely to be able to correct this mess for the benefit of most Americans; without any Rove-like distortions, that is.

The usual suspects need not reply. ;)

wes
09-26-2008, 07:53 PM
There are too many ALGONGUIN J CALHOUNS lawers in washington to ever get any thing done.

wes

PaceAdvantage
09-28-2008, 07:46 PM
I'd like to hear from PA and BgM as to why they think McCain and Republicans, generally, are more likely to be able to correct this mess for the benefit of most Americans; without any Rove-like distortions, that is.Considering that Republicans were the ones that stuck up for the American taxpayer when everyone was looking to rush a bill through Congress (ahem...remember all the criticism over the rushed PATRIOT ACT? That Patriot Act was crafted in a snail-like fashion compared to this bailout bill) says a little something about why I think they are more likely to correct this mess.

Add to that the fact that Republicans were the ones sounding the alarms back as early as 2003 while Democrats were countering that everything was just dandy and no new oversight was required....

That's what I'm going to hang my hat on at the moment. Republicans are quoted as saying they wanted to make sure this bill was "effective for the taxpayer" and was devoid of special interest group riders.

NJ Stinks
09-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Considering that Republicans were the ones that stuck up for the American taxpayer when everyone was looking to rush a bill through Congress (ahem...remember all the criticism over the rushed PATRIOT ACT? That Patriot Act was crafted in a snail-like fashion compared to this bailout bill) says a little something about why I think they are more likely to correct this mess.

Add to that the fact that Republicans were the ones sounding the alarms back as early as 2003 while Democrats were countering that everything was just dandy and no new oversight was required....

That's what I'm going to hang my hat on at the moment. Republicans are quoted as saying they wanted to make sure this bill was "effective for the taxpayer" and was devoid of special interest group riders.

Oh yea...Where would the taxpayers be without Republicans for the last 8 years?

The country is broke and in a recession. (See Iraq and tax cuts.)

But you find a place to hang your hat, PaceAdvantage.

bigmack
09-28-2008, 09:17 PM
Oh yea...Where would the taxpayers be without Republicans for the last 8 years?

The country is broke and in a recession. (See Iraq and tax cuts.)

But you find a place to hang your hat, PaceAdvantage.
Are you really foolish enough to think that all would be peachy today had a Dem been in the White House the last 8?

People still buy into this: Dem/Working Class Rep: Fat Cats? :lol:

I know plenty of fat cats who are as liberal as they get. They're all over the place.

Open your mind to the fact that they all are incompetent fools. Positioning yourself into a corner pointing at "The Bad Repugs" is passe.

NJ Stinks
09-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Are you really foolish enough to think that all would be peachy today had a Dem been in the White House the last 8?

Lets see now. No Iraq saves a bundle. Ridiculous tax cuts the country can't afford saves another bundle.

And you tell me I'm foolish? :confused:

bigmack
09-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Lets see now. No Iraq saves a bundle. Ridiculous tax cuts the country can't afford saves another bundle.

And you tell me I'm foolish? :confused:
My mistake. I meant to say one dimensional.

Best of luck.

Secretariat
09-28-2008, 10:14 PM

See this is the problem PA. Republicans controlled all three branches of government in 2003. THey controlled all finance committees and had majorities o nthise committees. (and don't give me a 60 day majority issue) because NO bill was brought to the floor out of committee. None.

The GOP has done nothing but deregulate Wall St. over the last decade. I don't care what their rhetoric might have been, I 'm interested in what they actually did. Which was nothing - except get out of the way. It's been part of their philosophy for years. Let business police themselves. Government should stay out of the way. Business can always do better than government (except when they need bailed out by taxpayers). "Trickle down works, and if you don't support it you'll be out of work."

People have heard this stuff for the last decade, and are now seeing the affects. People want change, McCain has even tried to steal that mantle from the Obama campaign. But people know McCain has voted 90% of the time with Bush and signed off on budget bills loaded with earmarks. If he had such integrity about earmarks why did he vote for every budget bill loaded with them.

Again, rhetoric versus action. The middle class has heard the rhetoric. They're not stupid. They know the buck stops here with every President. GW promised that with these tax cuts as early as 2002 would lead to huge surpluses by now. Instead, we've record deficits, and McCain's is advocating more cuts on the rich. One question John, who the heck is going to pay the "interest" on this newly added 700 billion? We can't keep pushing this interest and debt to the future. We can't keep devaluing out dollar by printing more and more paper.

JustRalph
09-28-2008, 10:20 PM
PA, time to post your both of your videos again..........this is a sweet moment in time............both videos apply in this thread............

Proves Dems wrong on both subjects............... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
09-29-2008, 03:23 AM
They're not my videos, but if you insist JR, here ya go (there's actually three videos now....I'll post them in order):

_1q9Q0OtJ4g

1RZVw3no2A4

_MGT_cSi7Rs

If we get a fourth video, I will have my own personal "Four Horsemen" collection...

JustRalph
09-29-2008, 03:27 AM
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

bigmack
09-29-2008, 03:51 AM
_1q9Q0OtJ4g
Float this thing around more often. Sure welcome any thoughts from the usuals about the usual slight of hand finger pointing.

That video could also be outlined:

D: (group speak) BUSH/CHENEY - NEOCON WAR!
R: Are you aware of the inclusion and support of the folk in that video including many, many more?
R: Have you seen a list of who voted for THE BUSH/CHENEY - NEOCON WAR?
R: Nice weather we're having

Them bad. Me Want Change. What did you say your name is?