PDA

View Full Version : Changes in Print DRF

OTM Al
09-25-2008, 09:57 AM
DRF has made a few changes in their print version. The paper is now slightly smaller, but they have made several formatting chages as well. Some nice additions to the PPs showing all types of wagers offered on each race, what the Beyer par is and the off time all on the header on each race. They have also put ML odds with each entry. I like.

1st time lasix
09-25-2008, 10:10 AM
excellent...I have lobbied them for the pars....and sometimes when contructing pick 4's i would like to know the ML without looking back to the front section. {to avoid playing too many fav's} :ThmbUp:

takeout
09-25-2008, 04:11 PM
The TSN fifty-centers have had all of that stuff in them for what, 15 years now? Welcome aboard DRF.

Cangamble
09-25-2008, 04:15 PM
The TSN fifty-centers have had all of that stuff in them for what, 15 years now? Welcome aboard DRF.
I love the TSN 50 centers. The speed numbers are more accurate more times than the Beyers are.

OTM Al
09-25-2008, 05:01 PM
To each his own. Much eaiser for me to read and judge with DRF, so good additions as far as I'm concerned, though I usually can care less about ML

Imriledup
09-25-2008, 09:52 PM
DRF has made a few changes in their print version. The paper is now slightly smaller, but they have made several formatting chages as well. Some nice additions to the PPs showing all types of wagers offered on each race, what the Beyer par is and the off time all on the header on each race. They have also put ML odds with each entry. I like.

That's not the morning line....its some odds that they got from somewhere....where, no one seems to know, but those odds are not the official morning line from the track.

dav4463
09-26-2008, 12:10 AM
excellent...I have lobbied them for the pars....and sometimes when contructing pick 4's i would like to know the ML without looking back to the front section. {to avoid playing too many fav's} :ThmbUp:

If you don't like the morning line odds on the pps, just flip to the front page and maybe you will like them. They will be different! See this thread....

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50932

turfbar
09-26-2008, 09:16 AM

Hey 1st L,
What lobbying powers do you have? Can you explain, because for years I have wanted tongue ties listed in the DRF. Maybe you could help me get this data made public? NO i'm serious

Turfbar

big frank
09-26-2008, 12:22 PM
I love the TSN 50 centers. The speed numbers are more accurate more times than the Beyers are. I agree , the speed figs have worked fine for me. I am a fan of Andy Beyer and i love his columns , but i feel the beyer numbers are starting to be to much opinion oriented. I know they have always used a projection method, but know it seems like Andys figure guys try to hard to match a number to a race that fits what they believe the figure SHOULD have been , instead of what it probably might be. I have made adjustments to the figs from tsn. Some tracks i downgrade by 5-7 points. I feel Delaware and Philly Park numbers are inflated. If i see a horse ship from del or phil to a differnt track , i usually downgrade by 5 points. Also tracls like Beulah or indi downs are also suspect when they ship.

jeebus1083
09-26-2008, 12:55 PM
I feel Delaware and Philly Park numbers are inflated.

One word: DRUGS

cnollfan
09-26-2008, 12:55 PM
I agree , the speed figs have worked fine for me. I am a fan of Andy Beyer and i love his columns , but i feel the beyer numbers are starting to be to much opinion oriented. I know they have always used a projection method, but know it seems like Andys figure guys try to hard to match a number to a race that fits what they believe the figure SHOULD have been , instead of what it probably might be. I have made adjustments to the figs from tsn. Some tracks i downgrade by 5-7 points. I feel Delaware and Philly Park numbers are inflated. If i see a horse ship from del or phil to a differnt track , i usually downgrade by 5 points. Also tracls like Beulah or indi downs are also suspect when they ship.

The Nebraska circuit, particularly Lincoln and Columbus, have suspiciously high pace figures from Brisnet, especially in routes.

Agree that the Beyer numbers have evolved to where they fit somebody's imagination way more than they should. Over time, the projecton method just becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

jeebus1083
09-26-2008, 02:31 PM
The Nebraska circuit, particularly Lincoln and Columbus, have suspiciously high pace figures from Brisnet, especially in routes.

The Nebraska circuit has suspicious races, period.

so.cal.fan
09-26-2008, 02:41 PM
When is the DRF going to add the new Beyer Pars to the online editions?

big frank
09-27-2008, 07:58 PM
One word: DRUGS you are right on. i caught a Lake/Cole 10 claimer about 2 weeks ago , that would have won the breeders cup sprint that day