PDA

View Full Version : Barney Frank loves to....

PaceAdvantage
09-25-2008, 03:20 AM
....talk....doesn't he?

Yesterday (on McCain's decision to temporarily halt his campaign):

"It's the longest Hail Mary pass in the history of either football or Marys," US Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, a Democrat who leads one of the committees scrutinizing the bailout, told reporters.

and five years ago, when he could have headed some of this credit crisis trouble off at the pass, but instead decided to say NO to new agency oversight of Freddie and Fannie only because BUSH thought of the idea first:

''These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis,'' said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ''The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.''

And there you have it. A brilliant MASSACHUSETTS Democrat at work, screwing things up in the name of partisan politics.

Good job Barney, you freakin' dope.

Snag
09-25-2008, 07:02 AM
Becareful PA.

You know that the facts upset some folks on this board.:D

I think most people miss the fact that the current credit crisis didn't just start last week. It's been in the making for years. We should learn from it, fix it, and move on.

Tom
09-25-2008, 07:44 AM
With a thread title like this one, I had NO idea what to expect! :eek::eek::eek:

tonto1944
09-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Every time barney opens his mouth , they shoul;d bring up how he fixed Parking tickets for his Boy Toy and the Gay Brothel that was run out of his Basement. Which he claims he knew nothing about. LOL

Jake
09-25-2008, 04:40 PM
....talk....doesn't he?

and five years ago, when he could have headed some of this credit crisis trouble off at the pass, but instead decided to say NO to new agency oversight of Freddie and Fannie only because BUSH thought of the idea first:

And there you have it. A brilliant MASSACHUSETTS Democrat at work, screwing things up in the name of partisan politics.

Actually one of the lesser known stories is that Franks tried to get some legislation passed this year on this problem, and his committee sent a house bill over to the Senate where it died....because Senator Dodd decided he would rather run for President in the primaries, and didn't have the time to shepard it through the Senate. Notice that Dodd isn't bothering to talking about that at the moment.

There's ample reason why both parties are looking for cover on this, especially given all the money from these now tainted lobbying efforts residing in their campaign funds. There is no leadership from either side of the aisle that is worth a damn on this.

One other note: the White House had been asking for some appropriate legislation on this problem for almost two years, and Congress played deaf and dumb. Bush deserves some credit here for trying to rein in some of these abuses.

ArlJim78
09-25-2008, 04:46 PM
yeah, i had to do a doubletake on this thread title. didn't know which way it was going to go.

what embarrassing leaders the dems have in congress. Reid, Pelosi, Frank.
its like the cantina scene from Star Wars.

Secretariat
09-25-2008, 05:00 PM
What is this McSame suspending his campaign? I've already seen four McSame commercials in the last hour on TV. :bang: :bang: :bang:

ddog
09-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Becareful PA.

You know that the facts upset some folks on this board.:D

I think most people miss the fact that the current credit crisis didn't just start last week. It's been in the making for years. We should learn from it, fix it, and move on.

yeah and a lot of those type are on this board.
if they could be so wrong for so long on that , what makes one think their judgement has or will suddenly improve?

ddog
09-25-2008, 05:52 PM
....talk....doesn't he?

that echoes exactly what you and Tom kept saying, if we just believe and have faith all will be ok.

didn't work for him or you on this deal now , did it?

I think that nasty MSM is what really brought down fan/fre , if they would just run happy news all would be well.

Kind of like the Ruskie station did.

:lol:

Pls point me to the post where you were in favour of same back then or even 6 months ago?

That's it , PA "the regulator!"

OhhMMYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

:eek:

Bush, THOUGHT! , he to this day couldn't tell you what it was about.

THe de-reg crowd was never going to pass anything like that and you know it.
You belittle your self by claiming otherwise.

skate
09-25-2008, 06:31 PM
Social life excluded, i kind of like Barney. At least when i compare him to SchlemielShuler. i can at least listen to Barney.

Although i'll admit, he's is as dumb as a dog. i guess that goes with the yob?

NJ Stinks
09-25-2008, 06:42 PM
It goes without saying that I like Barney Frank a lot. And have for a long time

Knowing conservatives here dislike Barney so much just adds to his luster! :cool:

Tom
09-25-2008, 07:11 PM
Sec got his talking points email already. Same crap they were dumping on CNN. He suspended his personal appearances. Why bother suspending TV ads, which in no way affect his being off the trail and in DC?

PaceAdvantage
09-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Pls point me to the post where you were in favour of same back then or even 6 months ago?

That's it , PA "the regulator!"

OhhMMYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

:eek:

Bush, THOUGHT! , he to this day couldn't tell you what it was about.

THe de-reg crowd was never going to pass anything like that and you know it.
You belittle your self by claiming otherwise.Absolutely not the point. The point is where we are now, and what may or may not have been done to avoid where we are now.

Who was up for trying to change things five years ago? And who was against it? Shall we take a census?

Tom
09-25-2008, 10:29 PM
I am so sick of hearing about de-regulating. It was not de-regulating that caused this - it was stupid laws and orders forcing loans to people who should not have had them. How do you oversight that?????? Affordable housing is code for the lib programs.

ddog
09-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Absolutely not the point. The point is where we are now, and what may or may not have been done to avoid where we are now.

Who was up for trying to change things five years ago? And who was against it? Shall we take a census?

well i was not onboard for the leverage and some other de-reg stuff but yeah, there was not a lot of company on the parade.

Tom-- you just had to be in/around banking, you would know differently..

DJofSD
09-26-2008, 09:32 AM

Ya, I've heard the sound bytes from five years ago on the local talk radio programs.

Embarrasing and priceless.

JustRalph
09-26-2008, 02:42 PM
It's hard as hell taking advice from a Rutabaga :lol:

How about a Bumper sticker

"The Rutabaga was Right!"

Tom
09-26-2008, 02:54 PM
All we hear from the left is "failed Bush policies." NOW, they are rushing to jump onto a Bush policy and it has to be done immediately!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: