PDA

View Full Version : A Friendly Contest

Sea Biscuit
09-25-2008, 12:46 AM
I notice a a lot of hype and interest has been build up since we started this friendly contest and thats good for harness racing. I am sure that there is lot of excitement created in some new comers to the game too who are reading all this stuff which is also good for harness racing.

Harness forums especially PACE ADVANTAGE are doing its part well of promoting harness racing and the industry in general and I wish to thank the PA administrators for letting me be a part of this great forum.

Sea Biscuit.

Ps Please feel free to post your picks in this thread come Saturday.

Ray2000
09-27-2008, 09:45 AM
My picks for the Mohawk 9/27 contest

Race....Pick#....Name (ML)..................Alt Pick if P1 scratched
Race 1....1....Conch U Catch Me 8/1...........2 Rush Fan 7/2
Race 2....7....Dreamfair Eternal 4/1..........3 Guestimate 5/1
Race 3....6....Gonnabe An Ottlaw 8/1..........1 Pokeman Kid 10/1
Race 4....5....Shane Hall 4/1.................2 Pop Z Pop 3/1
Race 5....2....Eagle On It 5/1................6 Keystone Matt 5/1
Race 6....2....Stonebridge Terror 8/1.........7 Nebupanezzar 1/1
Race 7....2....Goose Creek 6/1................7 Joey Rico 3/1
Race 8....4....My Little Dragon 4/5...........3 Darlins Delight 3/1
Race 9....2....Back From The Past 5/1.........4 I Zee 5/2
Race 10...3....Armbro Dublin 7/1..............1 Bigtime Ball 7/2
Race 11...7....Escape The Wind 2/1............2 Albert Town 7/1
Race 12..10....Shaws Creek Maddy 5/1..........5 Thecolour Of Jewel 9/2

If I'm supposed to post them somewhere else, let me know.

Good Luck to All!

Should be fun:)

titans1127
09-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Why not, I'll take a stab at a friendly contest

R1 - 2
R2 - 2
R3 - 3
R4 - 8
R5 - 3
R6 - 9
R7 - 7
R8 - 5
R9 - 5
R10 - 9
R11 - 7
R12 - 2

Sea Biscuit
09-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Here are my picks for Mohawk Sept 27 for our friendly contest with Mr Tuttle and of course Ray.

Race 1 #6 Enlighten me with #4 Urban Rainforest

Race 2 #4 Almost A Lady with #2 Catalina Morgan

Race 3 #3 Trottin Troy with #4 BS Woody

Race 4 #2 Pop z Pop with #8 Transcending

Race 5 #6 Keystone Matt with #4 Last Call Hanover

Race 6 #3 Millionare Cam with #7 Nebupanezzar

Race 7 #3 Lost Bliss with #2 Goose Creek

Race 8 #4 My Little Dragon with #5 Illusionist

Race 9 #3 Escapable Beaux with #6 Infinite Justice

Race 10 #4 Zooka with #5 Clown Smile

Race 11 #7 Escape The Wind with #5 Soaring Viking

Race 12 #1 Ewie Duncan N with #4 Presidential Alert

Here are Mr Tuttle’s picks for the contest

1st.....2 Rush Fan

2nd.... 7 Dreamfair Eternal

3rd.... 7 Conway Lane

4th.... 1 Dedalos

5th.... 6 Keystone Matt

6th.... 8 Shipps Xpectancy

7th.... 6 Overcard

8th... 3 Darlins Delight

9th.... 8 Mattscape Seelster

10th... 5 Clowns Smile

11th... 10 Irish Elitist

12th... 8 Luke Busy

Good luck to all

May the best man win

LottaKash
09-27-2008, 12:09 PM
Good luck all....wishing you much success tonite.

Except Tuttle...I only wish for you what you deserve,.....as your book on Harness Winning is to be compared to another cute scam-book - "The Snakes of Hawaii", as it too is loaded with blank pages, as there are no Snakes in Hawaii.......

best,

Sea Biscuit
09-27-2008, 01:06 PM
Good luck all....wishing you much success tonite.

Except Tuttle...I only wish for you what you deserve,.....as your book on Harness Winning is to be compared to another cute scam-book - "The Snakes of Hawaii", as it too is loaded with blank pages, as there are no Snakes in Hawaii.......

best,

Last night Mr Tuttle posted some picks at the Clockers blog for Northfields apparently his favorite track for Sept 26. He also made some bets on his picks. Here is what he posted with a big disclaimer

DISCLAIMER: I take NO responcibility for ANYONE(S) personal losses; that one might endure. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE "MEANS" to play exactly as I am, you shouldn't play at all. THESE SELECTIONS ARE FROM MY HARNESS SPEED RATING SYSTEM; WHICH I TEACH IN MY BOOK "Win Every Race"!

A $600.00 total investment is needed; to follow my lead.

1ST RACE: $20.00 DAILY DOUBLE PART WHEEL: 6/2,4,5,7 #6 POTIONS AND SPELLS- WANTED ABSOLUTELY NO PART OF THE RAIL LAST WEEK, AS A 3-5 BEATEN CHALK. HORSE CAN "TAKE AIR", AND I BELIEVE THE OUTSIDE DRAW WILL BE ADVANTAGEOUS. (80.00 WAGER)

3RD RACE: PICK-5 WAGER FOR 60.00......

3RD 1,2,4,8
4TH 2,3,4,5,9
5TH #1 SPIRIT WITHIN...........THIS SINGLE, I'm also playing for 40/20......SHOULD GET AN EASY TRIP; EITHER POCKET ROCKET, OR A 2-HOLE!
6TH #4SAND MIRAGE.............THIS SINGLE I'M PLAYING IN A 20EX-BOX W/#3 SHESA PARTYGIRL +40/20
7TH 1,2,6

(FROM RACE 3 THRU 7, IT WILL COST YOU 220.00 TO FOLLOW MY LEAD)

8TH RACE PICK-4 WAGER FOR ANOTHER 60.00.....

8TH) 1,2,3,5,6/3,5,9/2,4,5,6/ #1 PASSING LANE PENNY- GOIN" DOWN DA ROAD ANYTHING ABOVE 4-5 IS WORTH A C-NOTE TO WIN!!!!

12TH RACE #1 MS MAIZE N BLU- 2ND STRONGEST WIN BET OF THE NIGHT, FROM RAIL! 40/20

13TH RACE....20.00 D.D. PART WHEEL.....(80.00)

6 WITH 1,2,3,5

Signed,
Joseph J Tuttle www.thetuttleway.com (http://www.thetuttleway.com)

Of course he did not post the results on the Clockers blog and I did a quick calculation and noticed he lost $55 for the evening. As this happens to the best of us ,I did not say anything but I was really floored when I recieved the following email message from him the next morning. and I quote him

"I pity you. You might want to look over my
selections from last night at Northfield? Seriously, MY SPEED RATINGS
WORK!!!!! After being shutout thru the 1st four races (last night at
Northfield); I proceeded to either win or come in 2nd; with the final 9 picks, per race"

Now he has really riled me up with this message and I sent the following message to him and I quote myself

" Mr Tuttle:

You pity me. Where did pity come from?

You amaze me. You really do

You talk about your final 9 picks come in 1st or 2nd but like all novices you forget the bottom line. NEVER EVER FORGET THE BOTTOM LINE. Did you make a profit at the end of the day.thats the question you have to ask yourself. It does not really matter how many winners or 2nds you had in how many races. You showed a nett loss of $55 (correct me if I am wrong on this) on a $600 investment. and thats 9% you lost.

Let me quote you something from your book and the chapter containing what odds are acceptable in a race.

"I’ll give you a hint: Twenty; is an “even
number. Nineteen; is a “prime number”, and
cannot evenly be divisible by the number
two. But, eighteen can, and it equals nine.
9-1 (or a $20.00 payout for a $2.00
wager); is the lowest win price you should
accept in a 20-horse field. The oddsmakers
know this, and raise it slightly; to account
for “breakage”. "

So in a 9 horse field I suppose you should never bet a horse less than 4-1 from what I could figure out. Last night I saw you betting favorites which were 2/5 shots.I know you might say you have no control over the toteboard. But some things are pretty obvious even before the race. Shame on you.
Write one thing in the book and follow another.

Good luck in the contest. You will really need it.

Sea Biscuit.”

Then he comes back to to say my math was all wrong and I am a genius.

He never bothered to correct my math. Also his theory about acceptable odds is whacky to say the least. 9-1 minimum acceptable odds for every horse in a 20 horse field.

Lk do me a favor and if you have the time and the inclination please check to see where I was wrong in my math.

mrroyboy
09-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Guys

Is there going to be a chat as well as the contest? I'm here to learn and I am willing to learn from anyone including Mr Tuttle. I want to know why you picked what you picked not just the picks themselves. We can have it in the War room. You guys pick the time. And Mr Tuttle is welcome to participate. Let me know.

mrroyboy
09-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Okay Here are my picks. I'm only doing this because LottaKash "made me do it"

Race 1 No 2 Rush Fan Alt No 1 Conch ucatch me

Race 2 No 2 Catalina Morgan Alt No 1 Double Dream N

Race 3 No 4 BS Woody Alt No 3 Trottin Troy

Race 4 No 2 PopZpop Alt No 1 Dedalos

Race 5 No 5 Don't fool me now Alt No 2 Eagle on it

Race 6 No 3 Millonaire Cam Alt No 8 Shipps xpectancy

Race 7 No 7 Joey Rico Alt No 3 Lost Bliss

Race 8 No 4 My little dragon Alt no 3 Darlins Delight

Race 9 No 6 Infinite Justice Alt No 4 I zee

Race10 No 5 Clown's Smile Alt No 3 Armbro Dublin

Race11 No 7 Escape the wind Alt No 3 Viscount Vic

Race12 No 1 Ewie Duncan Alt No 4 Presidential Alert

Sea Biscuit
09-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Guys

Is there going to be a chat as well as the contest? I'm here to learn and I am willing to learn from anyone including Mr Tuttle. I want to know why you picked what you picked not just the picks themselves. We can have it in the War room. You guys pick the time. And Mr Tuttle is welcome to participate. Let me know.

You are very right about one thing. We all learn from each other. The learning process should be a continuing one no matter how good you are at this game.

Mr Tuttle has written 13 books on various subjects and thats something in it itself. Not many people can boast of writing 13 books and I presume 2 are in the making and he is onto his book #16.

I am not sure whether I can join you all in the chat because of time constraints. But I will definitely try to be there at the clockers chat room.

Take Care

the clocker
09-27-2008, 02:17 PM
I had a few spare minutes...I am in.....

Mohawk Contest 09-27-08
The Clocker

R1 #6 Enligthen Me
alt:#8B Cor Rennegade

R2 #6 Whitesand Gem
alt:#1 Double Dream n

R3 #9 Striking Lyric
alt:#6 Gonnabe an Ottlaw

R4 #7 Domitian Hanover
alt:#2 Pop Z Pop

R5 #4 Last Call Hanover
alt: #6 Ketstone Matt

R6 #2 Stonebridge Terror
alt: # 1 Trail Boss

R7 # 3 Lost Bliss
alt: # 6 Overcard

R8 # 4 My Little Dragon
alt: # 5 Illusionist

R9 # 6 Infinite Justice
alt:#7 Jilliby Generator

R10 # 1 Bigtime Ball
alt: # 4 Zooka

R11 # 7 Escape The Wind
alt:# 9 Moonlite Jazz

R12 # 8 Luke Busy
alt: #5 Thecolour of Jewel

Posted by: The Clocker | September 27, 2008

the clocker
09-27-2008, 02:22 PM
I am not sure whether I can join you all in the chat because of time constraints. But I will definitely try to be there at the clockers chat room. (quote from Sea Biscuit)

Note: The chat room is located on the blog at handicappingharness.com on the right column uner the Black colored box..the chat box on top is for 1 on 1 chatting which will not be used tonight...everyone can use the chat room at the same time.....Have a good day Handicapping Harness...Good Luck!

botster
09-27-2008, 03:41 PM
Guys

I will try to make it over at Clockers blog "handicappingharness" Roy.Hope to see some others there tonight.

trottin' hopples
09-27-2008, 07:05 PM
1 #10 alt #6
2 #6 alt #1
3 #6 alt #7
4 #9 Alt #2
5 #10 Alt #2
6 #7 Alt #9
7 #8 Alt #7
8 #4 Alt #5
9 #8 Alt #7
10 #4 Alt #10
11 #7 Alt #5
12 #8 Alt #10

mrroyboy
09-27-2008, 08:03 PM
I can't get into the Chat Room at Harnesshandicing.com

the clocker
09-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Adding Hopples First or Second Time is a good angle play.....

the clocker
09-27-2008, 08:06 PM
I can't get into the Chat Room at Harnesshandicing.com

Enter any name you want in the name box and hit enter...(but if someelse has your name u need to try another)