PDA

View Full Version : This is why Dems get no respect from thinking People

JustRalph
09-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Alcee Hastings (if you don't know his history, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcee_Hastings )

Here he is addressing a group of Jewish Americans. The topic is what the Jewish Americans and Black Americans have in common:

Rep. Alcee Hastings told an audience of Jewish Democrats Wednesday that they should be wary of Republican VP nominee Sarah Palin because “anybody toting guns and stripping moose don’t care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks.”

“If Sarah Palin isn’t enough of a reason for you to get over whatever your problem is with Barack Obama, then you damn well had better pay attention,” Rep. Alcee Hastings of Florida said at a panel about the shared agenda of Jewish and African-American Democrats Wednesday. Hastings, who is African-American, was explaining what he intended to tell his Jewish constituents about the presidential race. “Anybody toting guns and stripping moose don’t care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks. So, you just think this through,” Hastings added as the room erupted in laughter and applause.

HUSKER55
09-24-2008, 11:02 PM
that isn't racism is it?

ddog
09-24-2008, 11:06 PM
sounds like the ann coulter of the lefties.

the "room erupted in laughter and applause".

sounds like they bought it.

politics as usual.

abouyt time whitey gets the stick.

:lol:

PaceAdvantage
09-24-2008, 11:23 PM
sounds like the ann coulter of the lefties.How so? I don't get to read Ann unless it's posted here on PaceAdvantage, so perhaps you caught something that she said that I missed.

ddog
09-24-2008, 11:30 PM
come on pa. read what Jr posted there.
the line about the "group" that obtained those loans....

Maybe I am too sensitive(wow a first for me) , but it struck a racist or at least belittling tone with me.

Not everyone who has gone belly up in this deal is a low life minority with wild kids with goofy (to ann) names....

PaceAdvantage
09-24-2008, 11:41 PM
come on pa. read what Jr posted there.
the line about the "group" that obtained those loans....I took the words in this thread to be a little more serious, especially when directed at a group that was one of the prime victims of Nazi Germany.

If your point was that both comments had racial overtones, then yes I agree.

ddog
09-24-2008, 11:50 PM
I took the words in this thread to be a little more serious, especially when directed at a group that was one of the prime victims of Nazi Germany.

If your point was that both comments had racial overtones, then yes I agree.

yes, that was my main point, but as i recall even though the Jewish people murdered were on a scale much greater than other groups in germany, blacks , gypsy, you name it were also eliminated.

No way do I want to make light of the Nazi scum.

LottaKash
09-25-2008, 06:15 AM
Demorcrats or Republicans, I have never seen a dime's worth of difference between the two......

A Politician's main objective is to get elected and re-elected that's is all......

Today, our nations politicians are the laziest and greediest of all time........

Our once great and prosperous nation is sliding down the toilet, and the Democrats and Republicans haven't a clue as to what to do......except to fill their pockets before the ride is over....

my thoughts,