PDA

View Full Version : Twin Spires TV real time delay

spitthebit
09-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Any idea how the real time delay of Twin Spires streaming video compares with that of YouBet? Is the delay any shorter?

I have been using YouBet video for many years simply for watching my action, but my play style this year has evolved into a very tote-sensitive strategy. I installed RTN a few months ago, and love it. I can wait for horses to load before placing my bets, and it's perfect for what I need.

But I live in a high-rise condo that has just made me take my dish down from the balcony. If I want to keep RTN at home, I'm going to need to find a new home. I'm willing to sacrifice a few seconds in real time to stay in my present home by using Twin Spires. But if their feed is similar to YouBet's, that real-time delay, which varies by track from :30 seconds or so to over a minute, will not suffice.

Of course I'm ready to go ahead and test this on my own. But I've got a week of business travel ahead of me, so any insight from existing Twin Spires users is appreciated.

cj
09-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Twin Spires seems much better. I watch TVG and HRTV on DishNetwork and TS is usually right on par with those. I think the delay is very slight from real time.

PaceAdvantage
09-24-2008, 07:40 PM
I'll agree with CJ. TwinSpires TV is not even one second behind TVG (satellite) the few times I've run a comparison. Now, satellite is probably delayed a few seconds....

Bottom line, compared to YouBet, TS is practically real-time.

spitthebit
09-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Very helpful. Love this board. Looks like I don't have to call the movers! Thanks guys.