PDA

View Full Version : Proud Spell...R&R

joanied
09-22-2008, 01:13 PM
http://racing.bloodhorse.com//viewstory.asp?id=47177

So, that's it....Larry won't have to decide about the BC Distaff and no doubt they are doing the right thing for PS. Very good chance we'll see the little champ again next year...
to anyone who reads the story, take note of what Larry said about his jock, Gabriel...so I think my assesment of his ride on her in the Cotillion was pretty dead on...he was not wanting to try and get through that hole....twice, and it cost her the race....you guys say trainers want jocks to ride per instructions...that did not happen for Proud Spell in the Cotillion. And Larry Jones is such a class guy...loyalty is high on his list of how to be a good person:ThmbUp:

cj
09-22-2008, 01:26 PM
Class guy? Maybe, I don't know him, but blaming the rider doesn't seem all that classy. It isn't like the horse was beat a nose on the line.

joanied
09-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Class guy? Maybe, I don't know him, but blaming the rider doesn't seem all that classy. It isn't like the horse was beat a nose on the line.

Did you read the story? Larry didn't blame the rider...just stated that he does make mistakes and that the Eight Belles thing took away some of his confidence...he also said he thought Gabriel would be a Hall of Fame rider one day...again, Larry Jones is a class guy!!

OH...no she was beaten pretty good....because she lost all chance after her rider wouldn't try getting through the second time...read the chart...shut off, checked....twice.
IMO...if he'd taken out with her before having to loose momentum, twice, and had her in front where she likes to be...different outcome of that race!!
My opinion:)

onefast99
09-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Did you read the story? Larry didn't blame the rider...just stated that he does make mistakes and that the Eight Belles thing took away some of his confidence...he also said he thought Gabriel would be a Hall of Fame rider one day...again, Larry Jones is a class guy!!

OH...no she was beaten pretty good....because she lost all chance after her rider wouldn't try getting through the second time...read the chart...shut off, checked....twice.
IMO...if he'd taken out with her before having to loose momentum, twice, and had her in front where she likes to be...different outcome of that race!!
My opinion:)
That was a horrendous ride trapped on the inside and then he goes 7 wide down the stretch, Lezcano was laughing right to the winners circle as he knew he had the 2nd best horse after Proud Spell. His ride at Saratoga was excellent on Proud Spell many jocks would settle for 2nd in that race.

joanied
09-22-2008, 04:54 PM
That was a horrendous ride trapped on the inside and then he goes 7 wide down the stretch, Lezcano was laughing right to the winners circle as he knew he had the 2nd best horse after Proud Spell. His ride at Saratoga was excellent on Proud Spell many jocks would settle for 2nd in that race.

Yep...horrendous...the kid screwed up big time.