PDA

View Full Version : Quiz on The Bail Out Bill

Tom
09-22-2008, 10:07 AM
1. Who will it be aimed at protecting most:

a) The People
b) Wall Street
c) Congress's asses

2. Now much "pork" can they hang on this Christmas Tree?

3. Who will hang the most?

4. Over/under on the final cost to taxpayers.....Two Trillion $$$

Extra credit -

4. How long before O'Bama claims it was his idea? ;):rolleyes:

ddog
09-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Here's another one for you to add to the list:

Just when has the gvt EVER given up authority that was granted?

Which massive "pogram" have they EVER shut down once it got going?

What makes everyone so damn sure that the "clowns and crooks" that couldn't see this or at least say they couldn't are NOW THE VERY ONES TO FIX WHATEVER IT IS THEY DIDN'T/DON'T UNDERSTAND?

Where was this bailout mentality during the recent Tech bust?

Did that end the tech world for all times?

What is it with these doom and gloom Bush goons anyway, why is everything always the end of the world now?

First bin laden , then godless libs now a few rotten bastards get wiped out and some worthless crap dies that SHOULD die.

Wake up Wake up Wake up.

If there are to be bailouts then at least let the captains go down with the ship first.
Only then can you discover what things are worth and where capital should be allocated.

Tom
09-22-2008, 11:48 AM
Here is a scary thought - whatever they come up with for this screw America plan, it may well be an O'Bama appointee running the treasury with all that power.

From what I've heard so far, they are heading down the path of total stupidity. Our government is not capable of passing any legislation to remedy this. It is time to end this albatross.

witchdoctor
09-22-2008, 12:11 PM
Extra credit -

4. How long before O'Bama claims it was his idea? ;):rolleyes:

It depends. If it works and stabilizes the ecomony, it's his idea. If the economy crashes further, then it is McCain and Bush's idea.

wonatthewire1
09-22-2008, 12:24 PM
1. Who will it be aimed at protecting most:

a) The People
b) Wall Street
c) Congress's asses

Hey lookie here, a (d) choice too!

d) The furriners

Looks like McCain's econ guru is getting in on the action too by getting UBS (Switzerland) a piece of the US of A's taxpayer money too!

Gramm lobbies for UBS - and them stinkin' Brits are in on the action too - Barclay's getting a piece of the pie too - and part of Lehman!

:kiss:

lamboguy
09-22-2008, 01:30 PM
i think it was meant for the us taxpayers to bail out all those foreign banks that have been robbing us to begin with.

thank you george bush

and thank you mr. akavano

Tom
09-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Don't forget to than the congress - they are the one writing the bill, not Bush.
Ball is in their court now.

LottaKash
09-22-2008, 02:27 PM
X

Socialize the Losses and Privatize the Profits......Yeesh, we live in the most perilous of times..........The Greediest of times EVER.......Goodbye to the America that we have known and Loved......

best,

Tom
09-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Dems are already lining up to hang amendments to the bail out bill.
Who'da thunk it?

LottaKash
09-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Dems are already lining up to hang amendments to the bail out bill.
Who'da thunk it?

Too Little too Late, I believe...........:confused:

best,

riskman
09-22-2008, 04:43 PM
This morning I got up, poured myself some java(Trader Joe) went out on the porch to retrieve the New York Dailey News and The NY Times. Turn to page 4--Dailey News and almost chocked on my coffee. The by line--"Economy is Headin' For Cliff." They are writing about Paulson and Bernakes' meeting with lawmakers on the bailout plan.I quote:

"It was hard for politicians to get a handle on the bailout because the 2 1/2 page proposal lacks specifics. It doesn't say what price would be put on the bad debt, or who would decide the price or what firms would be eligible for the bailout, or how much debt individual firms can dump, or who would run the operation.It does say that Paulsons decisions "may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency"
Sen. Shelby said that this may not work and the Fed and Treas. "have been staggering from crisis to crisis"

What this says to me that there is no plan--they are just winging it to prevent an all out panic. This is one of the few times in my life that I am really worried. A 2 1/2 page plan--Guess it is better than nothing. Hold on to your seats !

ddog
09-22-2008, 05:46 PM
you did get long right,

comdex crude future OCT 130 and heading UP UP AND AWAY.

Oh , wait a minute, now we need to kill those long oil, after all , that's a disaster for our economy and thus our banks ,etc.

Maybe we need to mandate no OPTIONs markets anymore.Hell shut down the commod too, who needs em.

yeah, some plan kill the dollar spike oil and bailout to boot.
What a plan , Daffy Duck has a better chance of coming up with a plan.

I really am sorry for Paulson, he's a smart guy, but I think he is stressed out.

I just don't think he is thinking straight anymore.

Best thing him and berny could do is take a month off on an island somewhere, we will work it out.

ddog
09-22-2008, 05:47 PM
Here is a scary thought - whatever they come up with for this screw America plan, it may well be an O'Bama appointee running the treasury with all that power.

From what I've heard so far, they are heading down the path of total stupidity. Our government is not capable of passing any legislation to remedy this. It is time to end this albatross.

You got it.
I wonder who he would bail out, hmm.

PaceAdvantage
09-22-2008, 08:36 PM
you did get long right,When trading, I try to react, not predict. Predictions are for message boards...and my last prediction wasn't so bad, if your time horizon was only a few days....

In any event, I am not long, or short. I'm flat until 9:30 tomorrow morning.

skate
09-23-2008, 10:05 PM
It is very funny to think the gov will raise peoples taxes in order to pay for a bail.

As a mater of fact, the lower tax rates are producing more tax money.

Taxes collected are now paying the interest on the debt and are Only costing 9%.

1Trillion added to the debt, over ten years, would not increase the debt more than 1% per year.

Hey , now i got, lets let the whole economy go south for the winter:eek:

:bang:

prospector
09-23-2008, 10:33 PM
i bought a couple of bad stocks a few times...how do i get on this? bail me out.....whata ya mean i'm not corrupt enough?

the same guys writing the bailout are the same ones who got millions in handouts..geez...maybe they should give back first?...nah, they are corrupt enough ;)

ddog
09-24-2008, 10:30 AM
When trading, I try to react, not predict. Predictions are for message boards...and my last prediction wasn't so bad, if your time horizon was only a few days....

In any event, I am not long, or short. I'm flat until 9:30 tomorrow morning.

more profit in predictions, but i got ya drift there.

just funnin you a bit.

i hope crude drops big but not RIGHT NOW.

:)