PDA

View Full Version : Economy is strong

skate
09-21-2008, 08:20 PM
The problems, now, are with the bond markets, the credit markets.
The problems are not in
the stock markets, business is good.

the-skate says, Q4 will boom, we will see 'the greatest period of prosperity ever'.:cool: that would be for effin ever.:)

sammy the sage
09-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Really....even w/the EXTRA 1 TRILLION dollar's that our gov't has JUST PRINTED/PRINTING in the last 6 month's...

DO believe that will HAVE to addressed 1st!

Valuist
09-21-2008, 11:37 PM
I think he lives in some parallel universe......either that or he's taken up George Constanza's "opposite" theory.

skate
09-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Really....even w/the EXTRA 1 TRILLION dollar's that our gov't has JUST PRINTED/PRINTING in the last 6 month's...

DO believe that will HAVE to addressed 1st!

That would be especially ...1 Trillion.

Yes sir re bobby, these boys are right on target.

skate
09-23-2008, 09:51 PM
I think he lives in some parallel universe......either that or he's taken up George Constanza's "opposite" theory.

It is very very simple.
The economy is very strong indeed. The amount od debt is very small, but you must include the other side of the Balance sheet.

Do you include the other side?

And iffin you do, tell the others here, how much is on the other side.

Cause the :eek: 1 Trillion $$$ is a puny 7% of our economy.

:bang:

Secretariat
09-23-2008, 09:57 PM
The amount od debt is very small, but you must include the other side of the Balance sheet.

Could you explain this a bit more, and if so, why the need for 700 billion dollars?

skate
09-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Could you explain this a bit more, and if so, why the need for 700 billion dollars?

Sure.

I see most everyone includes just one side of the Account Balance Sheet. That is , they only include the debt and they do not talk about the profit, which is the growth.

This problem has nothing to do with the strength of the economy.
The proof to this will very soon appear and when it does, again, the mention of "strenght of the economy" will not receive much cover.

We will see growth, which will come about because of 1 Trillion$ added to the economy.

The problem has to do with deceit, intended or not does not matter, but the problem is in no way connected to the strength of the economy.

The problem is with the bond market and credit market. Pacs are being made and sold to banks. These banks are not accountable to answer any question regarding the Pacs. Simply, no accountability, which has nothing to do with the strenght of business.
The strenght of business is a measure of the economy.
The strength of deceit is a drag (thru fear) on the economy. The drag will be fixed with debt from the Gov. , that's their job.
The debt will total around 7% of our economy. This is why i say, look at the other side of the Balance Sheet.

We are doing almost $15 Trillion yearly. That's an increase of $5 Trillion over the last 7 years, which includes a recession from 2000 to 2002.
That increase is more than 1/2 the total worth of Our Economy for the past 200 years and we did it in less than SEVEN years.

Valuist
09-23-2008, 11:14 PM
The problems, now, are with the bond markets, the credit markets.
The problems are not in
the stock markets, business is good.

the-skate says, Q4 will boom, we will see 'the greatest period of prosperity ever'.:cool: that would be for effin ever.:)

Business is good in the stock market only if you are short.......the market is in bear market territory for a reason; not because things are going good. The bond markets are the least of our problems; the housing market has cratered and still hasn't bottomed. That is by far and away the number 1. We can count the credit crunch as 1A since it was caused by the housing bubble. Bad back to school sales numbers have retailers predicting the worst Xmas numbers in years so Q4 will be terrible. Unemployment is up, salaries are not and the consumer has less and less discretionary income. Toss in $4 plus gas (that's right, paid $4.13 today) and maybe things will look up by early 2010....maybe Q4 of 2009 if we're lucky.
Other than that, the economy is great... :rolleyes:

sammy the sage
09-23-2008, 11:36 PM
""That's an increase of $5 Trillion over the last 7 years, which includes a recession from 2000 to 2002.
That increase is more than 1/2 the total worth of Our Economy for the past 200 years and we did it in less than SEVEN years.""

So you're telling us...""in essence""...that MONOPOLY money is good :rolleyes:

EVER heard of little word called INFLATION... :faint:

Tell me/us when-ever you get done w/chapter 2! :bang:

RXB
09-24-2008, 03:59 AM
We will see growth, which will come about because of 1 Trillion$ added to the economy.

Okay, are you Alan Greenspan?

ddog
09-24-2008, 10:50 AM
and actually so far , credit at the main street level has not fallen off the cliff.
maybe it will shift back to more traditional channels.

that would not break my heart.

make that greenjeans not greenspan.

robert99
09-24-2008, 12:17 PM
and actually so far , credit at the main street level has not fallen off the cliff.
maybe it will shift back to more traditional channels.

that would not break my heart.

make that greenjeans not greenspan.

Agree - getting back to honest money and honest reward for honest toil and enterprise to me is one of the great pluses that could come after the pain.
People must be finally sickened by salaries and bonuses 400 times their own for such incompetents talking down the end of a Wall St telephone. It is really telling someone that even if you worked for 400 years, your contribution is really worthless. It isn't - these folks are the very people whose combined contribution will put things right again. There has seldom been such an open door to get the reforms we all know are needed.

skate
09-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Simple Math, babe.

Take the 1 Trillion debt, which in 20 years will be exactely 1 Trillion Dollars.

Take a 3% increase (or 2% or 1%, it dont mater) on a $15 Trillion economy on the GDP (a measure of our economy).
That 3% ( a year increase) on $15 trillion (low average) would be at least 9 TRILLION Dollars at the end of 20 years.

Right now we pay 9% of our tax Dollar towards interest on debt, this may go (probably not) to 10%, either way, that figure is down from the 15% which was being paid during the 90s.

Roughly, at the end of 20 years we'll have an additional $8 Trillion. Really, because of compound and inflation, we will have much more. One reason would be because at 3% inflation, the debt of $1 Trillion would decrease at 3% per year, which would be a decrease of more than 1/2 the debt of $1 Trillion.

So so so , the-skate looks at that debt being less than the actual $1 trillion.
And and and, the economy will have increased more than $9 Trillion, net $8 trillion.

These figures are very conservative

skate
09-24-2008, 03:31 PM
Okay, are you Alan Greenspan?

Not at all. No no no.

I doubt that Allen called for the 3% 3Q increase and the Benifit of the CASH REBATE ....but he's selling books.

the-skate sells facts:cool: