PDA

View Full Version : Kidney Sweat

HUSKER55
09-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Today at Belmont Jan said #3 had kidney sweat. What is that and what does it mean. (besides the obvious)

thanks

husker55

:)

Yorker
09-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Can be an indicator of a nervous or anxious horse.

Tom
09-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Fractious horses are sweaty horses even during the colder times of the year. All the hyperactivity involved in fighting their handlers and trying to run off causes their body temperatures to rise. Massive amounts of kidney sweat (a white foamy lather) can run down the inside of their rear legs. Neck lather, saddle sweat and front leg sweat are also very common. Heavy drool from the mouth is frequently evident. After unnecessarily expending all this precious energy in the paddock, the fractious runners won’t have much left in their tanks for the running of their upcoming races.Joe Takech

From our own Reading Room -

http://www.paceadvantage.com/ReadingRoom/Takach_AddingPhysicality4.html

HUSKER55
09-21-2008, 06:54 PM
Thank you guys. Appreciate it.

husker55

onefast99
09-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Joe Takech

From our own Reading Room -

http://www.paceadvantage.com/ReadingRoom/Takach_AddingPhysicality4.html
Does the weather have a lot to do with it or is it more nerves then anything else? I saw a horse at the Meadowlands last November on a chilly night sweating a lot, he was the big favorite in the race and he finished 3rd out of 4 horses. He came back to run at Aqueduct and won easily on a sunny afternoon in December with temps in the mid 50's.

Tom
09-21-2008, 08:16 PM
From what I have heard on TVG, it is expected in hot weather, and when all or most of the horses have it, no big deal. But on cooler days, and the only one....pause to consider. But that's just what I hear.

Greyfox
09-21-2008, 10:10 PM
From what I have heard on TVG, it is expected in hot weather, and when all or most of the horses have it, no big deal. But on cooler days, and the only one....pause to consider. But that's just what I hear.

:ThmbUp:Agreed. Don't sweat it. It's no big deal re: outcome.