PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Vista

HUSKER55
09-21-2008, 12:50 PM
I did some conditional formatting useing the "greater than" function. But the outcome highlites only the blank cells and the format is set to +2.

Any ideas?

I cleared all formats, listened to the demo, and tried everything I can think of and nothing works.

Thanks

husker55

:)

KYJACK
10-04-2008, 12:40 PM
I did some conditional formatting useing the "greater than" function. But the outcome highlites only the blank cells and the format is set to +2.

Any ideas?

I cleared all formats, listened to the demo, and tried everything I can think of and nothing works.

Thanks

husker55

:)HUSKER55

Dude, is this really a VISTA question, or are you trying to do something in EXCEL, ACCESS or WORD (which may be running on a VISTA machine)?

Conditional Formatting
http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-general/213346-conditional-formatting.html
"Do you have three tables in MS Access, MS Word or ??????"

Otherwise, try a Google search (www.google.com (http://www.google.com/)) with the words: VISTA conditional formatting

or : EXCEL conditional formatting

or : ACCESS conditional formatting

or : WORD conditional formatting

We need a little more info!!!

Jack

HUSKER55
10-04-2008, 04:58 PM
I have vista with excel 2007. I finally gave up. I even tried to reload the software. (sorry about the confusion)

If you use the conditional formatting button on the ribbon and then select highlite cells above this value which I set to 2, the only cells it highlites are the blank cells.

I don't get it. Everything else works fine. I keep thinking it is me but I am fresh out of ideas. it is pretty much point and click.

Thanks

husker55

dutchboy
10-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Try posting your question on "mr excel.com" They seem to be an excellent choice for excel users with a question.

I doubt if it has anything to do with Vista and I doubt if reinstalling the software would make a difference.

njcurveball
10-04-2008, 06:53 PM
I have vista with excel 2007. I finally gave up.

I feel your pain. Microsoft now has those spiffy commercials with Bill Gates and Deepak Chopra to convince people everything is fine with their new stuff.

Kind of like the band leader telling them to keep playing on the Titanic. Most major companies and the Government are trying their best to go around Vista and are keeping XP until Windows 7 (the new version) comes out.

barn32
10-05-2008, 01:35 AM

Any ideas?

Thanks

husker55

:)It worked for me. Try opening a blank sheet>format the page as general or number>put some numbers in a column 2,3,4 7,etc. Leave some cells blank. Highlight the column and select conditional formatting to greater than>enter the number 2 and pick a color.

See if that works.

robert99
10-05-2008, 07:44 PM
It worked for me. Try opening a blank sheet>format the page as general or number>put some numbers in a column 2,3,4 7,etc. Leave some cells blank. Highlight the column and select conditional formatting to greater than>enter the number 2 and pick a color.

See if that works.

Formatting the page correctly first seems to be the problem. If you don't the condition is checking for the type code number of what data type is in the cell eg text or dates etc - it is not checking for the number >2.

[Windows 7 is really only going to be Vista SP2 it seems. A rose by another name.]

HUSKER55
10-14-2008, 09:42 PM
thanks guys