PDA

View Full Version : Evening Attire At Monmouth

Stevie Belmont
09-20-2008, 09:38 PM
The 10 year old warrior goes in the 1 1/2 Point Given tomorrow at Monmouth. It's his first race in his career at Monmouth Park. Bravo will be up.

joanied
09-21-2008, 11:23 AM
The 10 year old warrior goes in the 1 1/2 Point Given tomorrow at Monmouth. It's his first race in his career at Monmouth Park. Bravo will be up.

WOW.... fantastic...better get my TV to record todays races so I don't miss him.
Best of luck today, EA...everyone will be rooting :jump: :jump: :jump: for you!!!
(think I'll go look up the field)

Thanks for posting this, StevieB :ThmbUp:

Bobzilla
09-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Monmouth doesn't strike me as his type of surface. I do wish him well should he run. It's hard not to pull for the venerable gray train Evening Attire.

atlasaxis
09-21-2008, 11:57 AM
He scratched

joanied
09-21-2008, 03:31 PM
He scratched

Crap!! Any reason given as to why? Is he OK?

jognlope
09-21-2008, 04:00 PM
3rd scratch this summer, rats, I love watching him.

OTM Al
09-21-2008, 05:21 PM
2 were MTO scratches when the turf wasn't rained off. This one is different. Maybe the old fellow just didn't feel like taking a drive.

JMG
09-21-2008, 07:38 PM
He shipped to Monmouth this morning. When he got to his stall they took off the traveling bandages; Pat noticed a little filling on his leg near a two day old cut. He walked fine but we decided to be very cautious and scratch him. He got back to Belmont at about 1PM and the vet said he thought it may be a small infection from the cut. He was treated with topical medicine and will be checked again in the morning. Hopefully that is all it is.

onefast99
09-21-2008, 08:02 PM
He shipped to Monmouth this morning. When he got to his stall they took off the traveling bandages; Pat noticed a little filling on his leg near a two day old cut. He walked fine but we decided to be very cautious and scratch him. He got back to Belmont at about 1PM and the vet said he thought it may be a small infection from the cut. He was treated with topical medicine and will be checked again in the morning. Hopefully that is all it is.
Sounds like you have a good trainer who puts his horses ahead of his ego. I dont know if you would of beaten Delosvientos(track record) but you may have been up for a nice piece of that 100k.

onefast99
09-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Does anyone know the entry fee for the Breeders Cup 1.5mile marathon? This is the new race they put on this year.

cj
09-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Does anyone know the entry fee for the Breeders Cup 1.5mile marathon? This is the new race they put on this year.

I don't think there is any fee unless you have to be supplemented.

onefast99
09-21-2008, 08:27 PM
I don't think there is any fee unless you have to be supplemented.
The normal fee for the Breeders Cup races is 50k for a nominated horse. The supplemental is 180k to 250k depending on the horses eligibility(stallion etc), I know the balance of the fee after 50k goes into the final purse monies available in that particular race. if it is the 2m fillies and mares 1 1/8th the purse would theoretically be 2.13m due to the fee paid. My question was the new races also have an entry fee but the purse for the 1.5 mile marathon is 500k so why would someone pay the same entry fee as a horse going into the 5m BC Classic?

JMG
09-21-2008, 09:31 PM
The normal fee for the Breeders Cup races is 50k for a nominated horse. The supplemental is 180k to 250k depending on the horses eligibility(stallion etc), I know the balance of the fee after 50k goes into the final purse monies available in that particular race. if it is the 2m fillies and mares 1 1/8th the purse would theoretically be 2.13m due to the fee paid. My question was the new races also have an entry fee but the purse for the 1.5 mile marathon is 500k so why would someone pay the same entry fee as a horse going into the 5m BC Classic?

The Classic cost $125,000 for a fully nominated horse
The Marathon cost $12,500 for a fully nominated horse
The link below will bring you to a pre entry form with all the cost for each race
http://grantracingstable.com/2008_PE_%20Form-2.pdf

Stevie Belmont
09-22-2008, 09:42 AM
Not sure if there is a fee, but thats the race they are gunning for..

OTM Al
09-22-2008, 09:53 AM
He is actually still nominated for the JCGC. Waters are probably too deep for him there, but still would love to see him next week

Stevie Belmont
09-22-2008, 09:59 AM
He won the Jockey Gold in 2002. If I'm not mistaking that was his lone at Belmont win...

I think the BC race is where they will probably go...

joanied
09-22-2008, 01:41 PM
:faint: WHEW...what a relief to know EA just has a bad cut...Pat is just like his:ThmbUp: dad, who I knew well while rubbing at Belmont...horses first...always!!
Wonder what EA was thinking...hey, they made me ride all the way here, then go back home...ohwell, think I'll just take a nice nap:D

The JCGC is going to be a tough one...and I think StevieB is right...they'll train the old warrior up to the BC now.

JMG
09-22-2008, 06:05 PM
:faint: WHEW...what a relief to know EA just has a bad cut...Pat is just like his:ThmbUp: dad, who I knew well while rubbing at Belmont...horses first...always!!
Wonder what EA was thinking...hey, they made me ride all the way here, then go back home...ohwell, think I'll just take a nice nap:D

The JCGC is going to be a tough one...and I think StevieB is right...they'll train the old warrior up to the BC now.
It was a very small cut. This morning it looked fine. Tomorrow it will be looked at again and a decision on what to do next will be made. Did you work for Tom Kelly? TJ and I have been partners for over 25 years and you are right, it's the health of the horse first.

joanied
09-22-2008, 07:37 PM
It was a very small cut. This morning it looked fine. Tomorrow it will be looked at again and a decision on what to do next will be made. Did you work for Tom Kelly? TJ and I have been partners for over 25 years and you are right, it's the health of the horse first.

Glad it's a small cut...topical ointment and maybe some antibiotics....but with some swelling, it was sure best not to run EA...that would agrivate it and give that infection a chance to spread.
Thanks for the info:)
No, didn't work for TJ, but my ex husband galloped horses for him, and worked all his better horses at the time. I spent quite a lot of time around the Kelley barn...and let me tell you, the man was like a tornado..always on the move...in & out of stalls, he did most of the leg work, he mixed all the feed (and those horses ate good!!)and fed everything himself. I'd get tired just watching him!!
I had a photo, not sure if I still have it...but I took it one morning at the gap...TJ had my ex work a horse before the clockers got there:eek: ...horse's name was 'Toasted'...he won and paid something like $60.00.
Pat was young at the time, learning the ropes...he was a good guy. At that time I was driving a van that I'd got when I was in Ocala...I was fixing up the van and wanted to insulate the thing before I put paneling in...I'm not sure where he got it, but Pat had insulation and he gave it to me for the van...I'll never forget that.
You have a hell of a partner in Mr. Kelley...a great man and I hope he's still doing well.