PDA

View Full Version : Cappin Chatter - 9/20

nobeyerspls
09-20-2008, 10:00 AM
Longball - Not much last week. We both had a scratch so you were 0 for 1 when your big fig horse was off the board at 4/5. I ended up 1 for 3 with a $17 winner and a $51 exacta. Not great but the ROI guys would accept it.
Chalky - I got to thinking. Why do you and I bet so differently? Is it some mysterious suppressed thing from our childhood?
Longball - It's not that complicated. You like quantity and I go for quality. You don't mind sharing odds-on winners with a third of the bettors and I want to be unique. My 90-1 ran 2nd in the 4th at Monmouth yesterday. Just got caught at the wire and paid $53 bucks to place. Quite a thrill.
Chalky - I'd turn you in to the Redboard Police but you're safe on a technicality since your horse didn't win. So, what have you got today.
Longball - I'll stick with angle plays at Woodbine even though that track has been killing me lately. In the 2nd #4 Pacific Calm (12-1) is both a 2nd lifetime start and a favorable surface change play. Turf breeding top and bottom and working well. Note though that the trainer's top jock is on his other entrant. In the 7th #10 A Party For Two (15-1) is a classic freshened filly play. I love the 7f turf work followed by a near bullet 5f breeze on the poly. Now what do you have for me other than Indian Blessing at 3/5?
Chalky - No need to be a smartass. I'm going out of character with two probable second choice plays at Belmont. In the 2nd my pick is #9 Mayor Marv (3-1). Note his stumble at the start up at the Spa and solid Belmont work since. In the 3rd I'll take Tar Heel Mom (3-1) over the favorite. She loves Belmont and is 2 for 2 at the distance.
Longball - Wow! Two 3-1 picks. Should I order the oxygen truck to overcome the rarified air? I hope you noticed that your first horse is a 2nd lifetime start and your 2nd is a freshened filly. Watch out for that Grand Slam firster in the 2nd (#6 All the Bases (6-1). They paid over seven times the stud fee for him and he's working well for a trainer that can win with this type. Oh, and by the way, I don't mind you borrowing my angles.
Chalky - It does go back to our childhood. Your mother dropped you on your head when you were a baby.

duckhunter3
09-20-2008, 10:23 AM
I thoroughly, thoroughly enjoy your posts. Very humorous, and you are obviously a very well educated handicapper, which makes it even better to read.

Congrats on your wit and skill and knowledge.
duckhunter3