PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Park And California Horsemen In Dispute

trying2win
09-20-2008, 06:33 AM
Here we go again. It seems the greedy California horsemen want more of the ADW revenue at the upcoming Hollywood Park meet. Looks like the management at Hollywood Park doesn't like certain aspects of the TOC's proposed money grab. Good for the Hollywood Park management. Dig in your heels against the TOC'S illustrious, Devious Drew Couto and the THG group. It's important for the horse players....you know...the ones who eventually pay all the bills for making horse racing possible at the tracks..

Here's a link to the article:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/article/47139/hollywood-horsemen-squabble-over-adw.htm

I especially got a big laugh out of these comments by Drew from the article:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Earlier, Couto told the board that he has heard rumors that "without a horsemen's agreement, Hollywood Park may consider closing the track" because of the ADW impasse. In that event, he suggested that the CHRB extend the Oak Tree meeting at Santa Anita farther into the fall racing season.

Couto also said the four ADW companies, who had agreed at the beginning of the Del Mar meet to engage the THG in "a meaningful discussion" about increasing the percentage of host fees paid to horsemen in California, had so far not done so.

"Four ADW companies control 90% of the ADW market in this country," Couto said. "We're concerned that there is the possibility of collusion. We think there are serious anti-trust issues."
------------------------------------------------------------------
Drew....thanks for the laughs. :D By the way Drew...speaking about your comments about 'possibility of collusion' of certain ADW companes you mentioned, is there any possibiltiy of collusion or conspiracy with the THG group, or is it just a squeeky-clean, justified concurrence?...just wondering.:)

T2W

Tom
09-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Shut it down and tell them go north or east if your want to race.
The only appropriate response to horsemen 's greed is cut off their money.

DJofSD
09-20-2008, 10:56 AM
THG and TOC are nothing but hedge funds -- they're going to ruin it for every one if they aren't reined in. The CHRB has got to do a better job than the SEC did by making sure there is a level playing field. Otherwise, the bettors will be treated the same way as the taxpayers -- the burden will be shifted to their shoulders.

JustRalph
09-20-2008, 04:08 PM
ah, just another reason for me to find something else to do............ :bang:

DeanT
09-20-2008, 06:59 PM
"Four ADW companies control 90% of the ADW market in this country," Couto said. "We're concerned that there is the possibility of collusion. We think there are serious anti-trust issues."
------------------------------------------------------------------

That is one of the funniest things I have ever read in this game.

Drew has no clue.

Hey, that's catchy.

DJofSD
09-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Hey, that's a good idea for a handle -- no clue Drew.

DeanT
09-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Someone who supports one group in THG who is holding horseplayers hostage is complaining about 'several' ADW companies controlling things.

It is so ridiculous I had to read it a few times to be sure.

Seriously, who hired this guy? Is there someone in charge there? Is he voted in, or did someone actually hire him?

Indulto
09-20-2008, 07:51 PM
DT and DJ,

If the TOC weren't clueless, they'd be Drewless. The reknowned roadblock to rebates has qualified for a re-bait. ;)

rrbauer
09-21-2008, 05:35 AM
ah, just another reason for me to find something else to do............ :bang:

Checking !n from the Ryder Cup, proof that Louisville can handle more than one big event!

The best thing about horse racing is that you can go off and leave it for a week (OK, I have made a few bets from my laptop) and nothing has changed when you return.

JustRalph
09-21-2008, 04:30 PM
I noticed that ESPN's coverage of the Ryder Cup had the Twin Spires as the Background when fading in and out for commercial..............

DeanT
09-21-2008, 06:05 PM
There is an opinion piece at HANA on this:

http://blog.horseplayersassociation.org/

boomman
09-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Someone who supports one group in THG who is holding horseplayers hostage is complaining about 'several' ADW companies controlling things.

It is so ridiculous I had to read it a few times to be sure.

Seriously, who hired this guy? Is there someone in charge there? Is he voted in, or did someone actually hire him?

In case PA members didn't know, Drew is also Vice President of the THG..IMO A TOTAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST....all this crap and questions of ADW revenues are coming into play because of his involvement with THG! The sooner this clown is gone the better!!!!!!!:bang:

Boomer

Burls
09-21-2008, 10:46 PM
That is one of the funniest things I have ever read in this game.

Drew has no clue.

Hey, that's catchy.Drew's main objective is to convince the TOC members that he has a crucially important role to play.

Greyfox
09-22-2008, 01:14 AM
Shut it down and tell them go north or east if your want to race.
The only appropriate response to horsemen 's greed is cut off their money.

The Bay Meadows Land Company that owns Hollywood is closing the place after next year. Might not take much to trigger them to do it sooner.