PDA

View Full Version : Thought twisting...media power

sammy the sage
09-19-2008, 11:45 PM
Not saying I agree or dis-agree...but the following is an example of how things do get TWISTED in the world of politics!

I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight.....

* If you grow up in Hawaii , raised by your grandparents, you're "exotic, different."
* If you grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, you're a quintessential American story.

* If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
* If you name your kids " Willow ", "Trig" and "Track", you're a maverick.

* If you graduate from Harvard law School, you are unstable.
* If you attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded. :lol:

* If you spend 3 years as a community organizer, become the
first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter
registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a
Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator
representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the
state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the
United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the
Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs
committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.

* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city
council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20
months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're
qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive.

* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2
beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real
Christian.
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, then left your
disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian. :rolleyes:

* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the
proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.

* If , while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no
other option in sex education in your state's school system while your
unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant , you're very responsible. :D

* If your wife is a Harvard graduate laywer who gave up a position in a
prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city
community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't
represent America 's.

* If your husband is nicknamed "First Dude", with at least one DWI
conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age
25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska
from the USA , your family is extremely admirable. :faint:

OK, thank you. Much clearer now.

ArlJim78
09-19-2008, 11:50 PM
for something to be humorous or clever it has to at least have some basis in truth, some connection to reality. this doesn't have either. its all nonsense.

PaceAdvantage
09-20-2008, 02:04 AM
I'd rather harken back to an earlier era....all the way back to 2004 :rolleyes: ....when SERVICE TO COUNTRY and SERVICE IN THE MILITARY was so HIGHLY TOUTED by Democrats, because, as you see, John Kerry had served in Vietnam, while Bush served at home in the Texas Air National Guard...

Funny how only four years later, Democrats have thrown all that away. Coincidentally, Barack Obama has ZERO military service on his record. And Biden has ZERO military service to his record, despite Vietnam raging during his prime service years.

Biden received five student draft deferments (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscription_in_the_United_States) during this period, with the first coming in late 1963 and the last in early 1968, at the peak of the Vietnam War (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnam_War).[15] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden#cite_note-ap-draft-14) In April 1968, he was reclassified by the Selective Service System (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_Service_System) as not available for service due to having had asthma as a teenager.

Of course, John McCain is the quintessential military hero/veteran. AND he has a son serving in Iraq, AND Palin also has a son now serving in Iraq.

Funny how in 2004, the Democrats could do nothing but point at Bush and scream "CHICKEN-HAWK" and "WHY DON'T YOU SEND YOUR DAUGHTERS TO IRAQ."

Now that has been accomplished with McCain and Palin, but completely lacking in Obama and Biden, it's SUDDENLY SO UNIMPORTANT, OR it's to be MOCKED AND DERIDED.....

Talk about THOUGHT TWISTING.

Secretariat
09-20-2008, 10:39 AM
Not saying I agree or dis-agree...but the following is an example of how things do get TWISTED in the world of politics!

I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight.....

* If you grow up in Hawaii , raised by your grandparents, you're "exotic, different."
* If you grow up in Alaska eating mooseburgers, you're a quintessential American story.

* If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
* If you name your kids " Willow ", "Trig" and "Track", you're a maverick.

* If you graduate from Harvard law School, you are unstable.
* If you attend 5 different small colleges before graduating, you're well grounded. :lol:

* If you spend 3 years as a community organizer, become the
United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the

* If your total resume is: local weather girl, 4 years on the city
council and 6 years as the mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people, 20
months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're
qualified to become the country's second highest ranking executive.

* If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising 2
beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real
Christian.
* If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, then left your
disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian. :rolleyes:

* If you teach responsible, age appropriate sex education, including the
proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.

* If , while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no
other option in sex education in your state's school system while your
unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant , you're very responsible. :D

* If your wife is a Harvard graduate laywer who gave up a position in a
prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner city
community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't
represent America 's.

* If your husband is nicknamed "First Dude", with at least one DWI
conviction and no college education, who didn't register to vote until age
25 and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska
from the USA , your family is extremely admirable. :faint:

OK, thank you. Much clearer now.

Thanks Sammy. I needed the laugh after all this financial mess. And they call it the "liberal media". :bang: :bang: :bang:

ddog
09-20-2008, 10:54 AM
I'd rather harken back to an earlier era....all the way back to 2004 :rolleyes: ....when SERVICE TO COUNTRY and SERVICE IN THE MILITARY was so HIGHLY TOUTED by Democrats, because, as you see, John Kerry had served in Vietnam, while Bush served at home in the Texas Air National Guard...

Funny how only four years later, Democrats have thrown all that away. Coincidentally, Barack Obama has ZERO military service on his record. And Biden has ZERO military service to his record, despite Vietnam raging during his prime service years.

Of course, John McCain is the quintessential military hero/veteran. AND he has a son serving in Iraq, AND Palin also has a son now serving in Iraq.

Funny how in 2004, the Democrats could do nothing but point at Bush and scream "CHICKEN-HAWK" and "WHY DON'T YOU SEND YOUR DAUGHTERS TO IRAQ."

Now that has been accomplished with McCain and Palin, but completely lacking in Obama and Biden, it's SUDDENLY SO UNIMPORTANT, OR it's to be MOCKED AND DERIDED.....

Talk about THOUGHT TWISTING.

Just to try to save you from yourself, I am sure you did not mean to imply that Biden had no son who has/is/will serve.

Last I heard one of sons is in the guard and is up for iraq in Oct '08.

Oh, and since kerry lost i suppose the american people decided that his service and maybe macs are not the be all end all to POTUS job?

I don't see why you would be so adamant that others serve , have you?

HUSKER55
09-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Runniing a school paper isn't so hot. How do you kow they didn't get that position with affirmative action.

Let's see, GOD DAMN AMERICA" Yep Harvard graduate and editor of the Harvard school newspaper.

"I have never been proud to be American". Yep, Harvard graduate and editor of Harvard school newspaper

"I snorted coccain", Yep, Harvard graduate and editor of the Harvard schoool newspaper.

My economic advisor is the man who just declared bankruptcy. Yep, Harvard graduate and editor of the Harvard school newspaper.

Thanks for make the lines clear.

PaceAdvantage
09-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Just to try to save you from yourself, I am sure you did not mean to imply that Biden had no son who has/is/will serve.

Last I heard one of sons is in the guard and is up for iraq in Oct '08.Save me from what? You only added confirmation to what I posted.

ZERO service in war on one side (at least until October as you say), FULL on the other. This USED to be important to Democrats (2004), but not today....not a peep....

Thought twisting indeed.

chickenhead
09-20-2008, 03:41 PM
This USED to be important to Democrats (2004), but not today....not a peep....

Thought twisting indeed.

Kind of like arguing this whole presidency stuff is important, and then nominating someone who is not only inexperienced, but pretty clearly lacking in horsepower, as your backup for the most important person in the world spot.

Lacking depth, lacking knowledge, not remotely up to the job...hey, she's just like me! I like her. I wasn't gonna vote for him before, but I am now!

Politicians are politicians, they're gonna do what they do, it's the people and their response to the bullshit that gets shoveled that frightens me.

PaceAdvantage
09-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Kind of like arguing this whole presidency stuff is important, and then nominating someone who is not only inexperienced, but pretty clearly lacking in horsepower, as your backup for the most important person in the world spot.

Lacking depth, lacking knowledge, not remotely up to the job...hey, she's just like me! I like her. I wasn't gonna vote for him before, but I am now!

Politicians are politicians, they're gonna do what they do, it's the people and their response to the bullshit that gets shoveled that frightens me.To say this kind of thing on the one hand, and then look at Obama on the other, completely renders your point moot, in my opinion.

Whether you are Democrat or Republican (or neither) is not the point here. Honestly, I can't remember what affiliation you are (if you ever declared it here), but I'm guessing you fancy yourself an independent of sorts.

In any event, if you feel this way about #2 on the Republican ticket, how do you feel about #1 on the Democrat ticket? Are you going to sit there with a straight face and tell me how much more "qualified" Obama is over Palin?

Why? Because he was born with a set?

chickenhead
09-21-2008, 08:30 PM
In any event, if you feel this way about #2 on the Republican ticket, how do you feel about #1 on the Democrat ticket? Are you going to sit there with a straight face and tell me how much more "qualified" Obama is over Palin?

I am a fiscal conservative (realist), social liberal (realist). In this country that equates to: Up shit creek. Apparently almost no one shares my good common sense.

I have some respect for John McCain and Obama both. John McCain, prior to selling his very soul over the past few months, has actually been closer to my own views on a lot of things (save immigration, which is a biggy) than most any politician. He's moved away on a lot of things in his efforts to mobilize the base, that's too bad.

I think Palin is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, next to Ross Perots VP, and I fully reserve the right to be disgusted by that pick. And yeah, that really does lower McCain in my eyes.

Obama, I have to admit I really do not know what his policies are going to be. I am happy to see some of his advisors, like Paul Volker, probably the greatest Fed Chairman ever in my opinion, that gives me some comfort.

Do I think Obama is the anti-christ? No. Same with McCain. I'm not some hopped up lunatic that predicts Armageddon either way. They both will likely suck in various important ways, that's the way it goes. And they'll both likely be better in unexpected ways, that's also the way it goes.

Palin on the other hand, Seriously. You guys are kidding, right? I mean, say whatever you want in public, rah rah, blah blah, but give me a wink or something...some sign...because seriously, she's a joke.

It's ridiculous to talk about Obama and Palin in the same sentence. Someone said it's stupid to talk about Obama as qualified because he says he's been thinking about these things a lot for a few years (which if that were it I'd agree)...guess what, I'll take that over someone who obviously hasn't been thinking about these things, every time.

If I know more about world affairs than someone on a Presidential ticket, we have serious problems.

boxcar
09-21-2008, 09:03 PM
I am a fiscal conservative (realist), social liberal (realist). In this country that equates to: Up shit creek. Apparently almost no one shares my good common sense.

Could be three possible reasons for this:

a.) that common sense of yours ain't nearly as good as you think it is, or

b.) it's rarer than a hen's tooth -- and for good reason, or

c.) both of the above

Obama, I have to admit I really do not know what his policies are going to be.

But you're willing to stake the welfare of this country on an unknown quantity -- someone who obviously doesn't know his own mind? A guy who makes the Great Prevaricator Clinton angelic by comparison?

It's ridiculous to talk about Obama and Palin in the same sentence. Someone said it's stupid to talk about Obama as qualified because he says he's been thinking about these things a lot for a few years (which if that were it I'd agree)...guess what, I'll take that over someone who obviously hasn't been thinking about these things, every time.

So, all anyone has to do be qualified or even more qualified than someone else is declare that he's merely been thinking about some job. (In his case, though, it would be more likely that he's been plotting and scheming on how to get the job.)

If I know more about world affairs than someone on a Presidential ticket, we have serious problems.

I believe you and about 90% of the other participants on this forum know more than NoBam does on any subject, including how many states in the union there are!

Boxcar

Tom
09-21-2008, 09:57 PM
My 2 cents.....neither O'Bama nor Palin is fully qualified, but given the choice - Palin over O'Bama every time. Palin has character and good intentions. O'Bama , who I have zero respect for, and will someday piss on his grave and dance a jig on his tombstone - is basically evil, corrupt, a liar and not the least bit trustworthy. I'll take good over evil anyday. O'Bama is the opposite of everything American.

chickenhead
09-21-2008, 09:58 PM
But you're willing to stake the welfare of this country on an unknown quantity -- someone who obviously doesn't know his own mind? A guy who makes the Great Prevaricator Clinton angelic by comparison?

Do I get to decide this election? If I do, we might be having whoever is listed after McCain and Obama on my ballot. So you better be scared, we've probably never even heard of them yet.

So, all anyone has to do be qualified or even more qualified than someone else is declare that he's merely been thinking about some job. (In his case, though, it would be more likely that he's been plotting and scheming on how to get the job.)

It's more a negative qualifier. If someone obviously has not been thinking about things, and can't muster above a 12th grade answer on pertinent subjects, they are distinctly not unqualified for the job. This is true of any job. If I was interviewing a candidate for any job and they gave answers on the pertinent subject of the depth and caliber as Palins to date, it would be a very short interview. You're a horseplayer, you understand the concept of a "throwout", no?

I believe you and about 90% of the other participants on this forum know more than NoBam does on any subject, including how many states in the union there are!

I would take my chances against any of them in a mono a mono game of Jeopardy with subjects of US history, US Government, Ethics, Business, etc. but only against one of them would I actually book the action. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I am sure she is a beautiful person, and probably is a very good Governor of Alaska, she just has no business as possible successor to the most powerful person in the world. The Peter Principle in action. Or, as it may someday be called, The Palin Principle.

chickenhead
09-21-2008, 10:01 PM
My 2 cents.....neither O'Bama nor Palin is fully qualified, but given the choice - Palin over O'Bama every time. Palin has character and good intentions. O'Bama , who I have zero respect for, and will someday piss on his grave and dance a jig on his tombstone - is basically evil, corrupt, a liar and not the least bit trustworthy. I'll take good over evil anyday. O'Bama is the opposite of everything American.

sometimes a smart hustler is better at running things than a do gooder that isn't. Quite often, actually. And I'm not so convinced of the do-gooder part to begin with. Not at all, actually.

ArlJim78
09-21-2008, 10:05 PM
personally I'm all for sending more people like Sarah Palin to Washington.
she brings a commonsense approach, and understands the important things better than most imo.

we've had plenty of Rhodes Scholars, Ivy League grads, policy wonks with 20 point position papers, etc. where has it gotten us? i'm willing to take a look at someone who has learned the things they don't teach at Harvard, like living a principled life, good judgement, having a backbone, and that an inefficient and bloated government does not serve the people and should be changed.

they all laughed at Ronald Reagan too, and they all underestmated him. how could a former sportscaster and B-list actor know how to be president of the United States? but he knew the answers to the important questions and knew how to lead.

OTM Al
09-21-2008, 10:09 PM
I have some respect for John McCain and Obama both. John McCain, prior to selling his very soul over the past few months, has actually been closer to my own views on a lot of things (save immigration, which is a biggy) than most any politician. He's moved away on a lot of things in his efforts to mobilize the base, that's too bad.

I think Palin is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, next to Ross Perots VP, and I fully reserve the right to be disgusted by that pick. And yeah, that really does lower McCain in my eyes.

Pretty much exactly the way I feel too chickenhead. Wish there was an option 3. What is it, for the 3rd election in a row now.....

bigmack
09-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Palin on the other hand, Seriously. You guys are kidding, right? I mean, say whatever you want in public, rah rah, blah blah, but give me a wink or something...some sign...because seriously, she's a joke.
Give me a pick that would have the polls as they stand. Upstream, would be the word to describe the McCain push next to the sheer amount of "want to change" "Bush is Lucifer" voting stream.

Again, give me a sales pitch on Biden, let alone Obama if you can. Laugh, if you'd like of this joke of a woman for this office. I hope you don't mind if I and many laugh at the joke of the #1 of the other ticket.

What have we expected from the likes of: Quayle, Mondale, Ford, Agnew, Curtis, Gore, Cheney (forget I mentioned Cheney) & Rockefeller. I mean Quayle. He did it and he couldn't spell pototoe. (sp)

boxcar
09-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Do I get to decide this election? If I do, we might be having whoever is listed after McCain and Obama on my ballot. So you better be scared, we've probably never even heard of them yet.

Not by yourself, but you'll be a contributor, I'm sure.

It's more a negative qualifier. If someone obviously has not been thinking about things, and can't muster above a 12th grade answer on pertinent subjects, they are distinctly not unqualified for the job. This is true of any job. If I was interviewing a candidate for any job and they gave answers on the pertinent subject of the depth and caliber as Palins to date, it would be a very short interview. You're a horseplayer, you understand the concept of a "throwout", no?

You're misreading her. She's a very sharp cookie and this will become evident in the debates. They won't be able to find rocks large enough for Biden to run under because his blunders and gaffes will be many.

I would take my chances against any of them in a mono a mono game of Jeopardy with subjects of US history, US Government, Ethics, Business, etc. but only against one of them would I actually book the action. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I am sure she is a beautiful person, and probably is a very good Governor of Alaska, she just has no business as possible successor to the most powerful person in the world. The Peter Principle in action. Or, as it may someday be called, The Palin Principle.

If it's any consolation to you I would bet on you at less-than-even money going up against Mr. Empty Suit. The only way he could beat you is if he knew the questions beforehand and had the answers up his sleeve.

Palin on the other hand, in her own succinct, cogent way would explain to you in 50 words or less why your "good common sense" political philosophy is neither. ;)

Boxcar

chickenhead
09-21-2008, 11:05 PM
Give me a pick that would have the polls as they stand. Upstream, would be the word to describe the McCain push next to the sheer amount of "want to change" "Bush is Lucifer" voting stream.

Again, give me a sales pitch on Biden, let alone Obama if you can. Laugh, if you'd like of this joke of a woman for this office. I hope you don't mind if I and many laugh at the joke of the #1 of the other ticket.

What have we expected from the likes of: Quayle, Mondale, Ford, Agnew, Curtis, Gore, Cheney (forget I mentioned Cheney) & Rockefeller. I mean Quayle. He did it and he couldn't spell pototoe. (sp)

So you agree with me that Palin is a joke. I'm glad to hear it.

By the by, the reason I'm not very critical of Obama is I'm still not certain what's he's all about. That has been covered here in depth and extensively as a reason for criticism, which I agree with, but I do find it interesting at least. Biden, Biden doesn't have a 90% approval rating. Why would I waste my time questioning why he's so popular? All I'd get are crickets. It's a non starter of a conversation.

chickenhead
09-21-2008, 11:20 PM
You're misreading her. She's a very sharp cookie and this will become evident in the debates. They won't be able to find rocks large enough for Biden to run under because his blunders and gaffes will be many.

I hope so. I'm pretty much always willing to admit when I'm wrong, if she shows me something new, I'll be the first to say it.

bigmack
09-21-2008, 11:46 PM
So you agree with me that Palin is a joke. I'm glad to hear it.
I probably didn't do a very good job of it but I was actually trying to mock those who are and have been silly enough in the past to nitwitize VP choices. It's been done and it's a tired act.

chickenhead
09-22-2008, 12:08 AM
I probably didn't do a very good job of it but I was actually trying to mock those who are and have been silly enough in the past to nitwitize VP choices. It's been done and it's a tired act.

I was under the mistaken impression I genuinely was displeased with McCains choice of wingman. If I had known this was scripted I would have studied my lines and done better. I didn't realize that it simply was not possible for one to honestly arrive at that conclusion. :blush: I keep forgetting, I just need to focus on the big R and the big D next to the names...that makes it so much simpler.(not to mention it really makes the conversations great!)

Thanks, I'm not sure what I would do without you.

bigmack
09-22-2008, 01:00 AM
Thanks, I'm not sure what I would do without you.
Don't mention it.

Haven't a clue how you D'd & R'd my last post.

Nothin' personal but I'm havin' a ball with the over and under valuation of Palin. You seem to be in the later. I find it funny.

chickenhead
09-22-2008, 01:08 AM
Nothin' personal but I'm havin' a ball with the over and under valuation of Palin. You seem to be in the later. I find it funny.

I'll be sure to pull up a chair next time you lay down some edification on a Palin booster and give 'em the business, tell 'em what a fool they are for factoring that in.

Obviously the chance hasn't presented itself, but I'm sure one will show up here sooner or later, just keep your ear to the grindstone.

It's all fun and games till somebody strokes out. We'll just keep our fingers crossed and, audaciously, hope that doesn't happen.

JustRalph
09-22-2008, 01:14 AM
I hope so. I'm pretty much always willing to admit when I'm wrong, if she shows me something new, I'll be the first to say it.

She has shown that she can take on corruption. She took out the trash in Alaska and that included her own party.

This alone makes her more qualified than anybody else in the race.

When she identifies a wrong, no matter the offender, she fixes the problem.
:ThmbUp:

bigmack
09-22-2008, 01:31 AM
It's all fun and games till somebody strokes out. We'll just keep our fingers crossed and, audaciously, hope that doesn't happen.
You're making McC chalk in a "stroke out" and fear the world Palin would bring to you & yours will be bleak? Do tell. Is she too stupid for you or just an overall joke?

chickenhead
09-22-2008, 11:12 AM
You're making McC chalk in a "stroke out"

Did I say chalk? I sat it's a distinctly non-zero possibility. My Grandfather is about the same age, also has had a bunch of bouts with melanoma. I make it a point to see him as often as I can, as I'm well aware he might run into problems at any point. Is McCain some magical beast for whom those same concerns aren't valid? Please do fill me in if so.

and fear the world Palin would bring to you & yours will be bleak? Do tell. Is she too stupid for you or just an overall joke?

There are several hundred million people in this country who I doubt have any business being prez, she happens to be one of them at this point, that's no particular slander on her. Yeah, a minimum requirement is displaying intellectual curiosity enough to have a grip on the issues she might end up facing. She hasn't shown that to my satisfaction.

I'm really amazed at anyone who thinks otherwise. Her recent national exposure off script has been a single interview with ABC. I found her answers lacking. The question really isn't why don't I consider her Presidential, it's like asking me to defend why my County Commisioner is not presidential. He just isn't. He's a good county commish, and a nice guy, but I don't want him in the White House.

Show Me the Wire
09-22-2008, 12:07 PM
In America anyone can become president. It is one of America's best ideals.

Additionally, hereos and leaders do come from unlikely candidates. Most people would have backed Goliath over David, in the biblical story.

bigmack
09-22-2008, 12:35 PM
She hasn't shown that to my satisfaction.

I'm really amazed at anyone who thinks otherwise. Her recent national exposure off script has been a single interview with ABC. I found her answers lacking. The question really isn't why don't I consider her Presidential, it's like asking me to defend why my County Commisioner is not presidential. He just isn't. He's a good county commish, and a nice guy, but I don't want him in the White House.
I know the feeling.

http://www.rockunion.ie/admin/video/img_1206457477_Barack%20Obama.jpeg

chickenhead
09-22-2008, 02:23 PM
In America anyone can become president. It is one of America's best ideals.

Well shoot, I didn't realize that. I'm gonna try voting for all of them, just put my little check next to each one. They are all special little snowflakes after all. I wouldn't want to judge them or anything. That would be downright unAmerican.

I think it was Thoreau that said "Democracy works best when all parties are completely un-self critical."

Why am I more critical of McCain? Because I would have liked to have voted for him. That's all.

delayjf
09-22-2008, 04:41 PM
If you spend 3 years as a community organizer, become the
yeah, that's right.

Show Me the Wire
09-22-2008, 05:12 PM
chickenhead:

All I was saying is sometimes the right person for the situation comes from the unlikeliset background. Abe Lincoln for example had no experience to qualify him for the presidency, but he was the right person for the time period.

I would appreciate your vote though.

ddog
09-22-2008, 06:20 PM
She has shown that she can take on corruption. She took out the trash in Alaska and that included her own party.

This alone makes her more qualified than anybody else in the race.

When she identifies a wrong, no matter the offender, she fixes the problem.
:ThmbUp:

And you say osama is all hope and change and no cattle.

Alaska isn't the game anymore.

The game she would be in will not be changed by her or mac.
it changes them.

a common mistake is starting from "a wrong" , it may be to you , but unless you feel like making a king for 4 years, even more so than now, that "wrong" may be a lot of other peoples butter.

foolish to think otherwise.

Jefferson Lincoln Washington, they would be smashed by the weight of it as well.

major wrongs will only get fixed from the ground up, not down.
it isn't them it's you/us, trite maybe, but that's just the way it is.

barn32
09-22-2008, 06:52 PM
Give me a pick that would have the polls as they stand.
The polls would bounce no matter who the pick. Maybe not quite to the extent we saw, but both sides got a bounce after their respective conventions, which is always the case. I think the pick of Palin gave the neocons a "novelty" bounce.

In fact, the polls are settling back down around their pre-convention numbers.

I still think this could be a very close race.

The debates loom large.

bigmack
09-22-2008, 06:58 PM
The polls would bounce no matter who the pick. Maybe not quite to the extent we saw, but both sides got a bounce after their respective conventions, which is always the case. I think the pick of Palin gave the neocons a "novelty" bounce.

In fact, the polls are settling back down around their pre-convention numbers.

I still think this could be a very close race.

The debates loom large.
That was a bounce from the DNC? It looked more like a blip.

"Novelty" bounce for neocons? :lol: :lol: You throw that word around like you actually know what it means. We both know you don't, but I won't tell anyone.