PDA

View Full Version : DRF Trainer Data

Tom
03-15-2003, 08:51 PM
The trainer stats under the PP's - anyone know how often they get updated? reason being, in the War Room today, someone mentioned that Misty Sixes in the 6th was first time Klesaris and it might be a good thing becase inthe same race, his stablemate, Gem's Wager was first time Klesaris last out and won. Misty Sixes won, so that was indeed useful info. Now, in the third race, the 1 horse, Happy Trails ws first time Klesaris and it, too, won. So now we have 3-3 within two races today. Going into today, Klesaris had 2 winner from 25 that won first time out, now he has improved that to 4 for 27 - 8% to 15% in a day.
I'm curious how often these stats get updated because there might be other big changes in the data of other trainers, especially early in a meet.

cj
03-15-2003, 09:04 PM
Tom,

I'm pretty sure they are updated within a few days. I've checked them against those at Turfday, they both use the DRF database, and the ones in the form are always more up to date.

Sidenote...I love short term trends like this a lot more than long term trends.

CJ

Dave Schwartz
03-15-2003, 10:22 PM
CJ,

I probably wouldn't prefer the short term for a factor like this. One has to ask how many good FTS he can possibly have in the barn. <G>

Dave

cj
03-15-2003, 11:04 PM
Dave,

They weren't 1st time starters, they were 1st time w/Klesaris. I would want to find out if they are all the same owner. That is why I said short term in this case.

CJ

Tom
03-16-2003, 01:30 AM
And at least 3 of them were obained not from a claim, but some other method.

cj
03-16-2003, 11:44 AM
Tom,

1st time with trainer is a different stat than 1st time claim, they are kept independent of each other.

CJ

Fastracehorse
03-18-2003, 01:15 PM
The most value for me is who is hot now.

Early in the meet you can often tell who is going to have a good one.

Ex., Jeff Mullins at SA - is training over 30 % - alot of juicey prices - alot - and because I follow this I've caught him on a few.

Mullins was useless the prior Hol meet.

Mark Glatt - I caught him on a $118 horse 2 weekends ago - he won with a 17-1 earlier in the meet. He beat my nice 10-1 shot on Sunday with a 9-1 shot that made sense.

Glatt hit with 2 huge-priced winners at the end of the last Hol meet - so he carried over into SA.

Also, I ignore trainer stats for the most part, if the horse has the profile I like, and his trainer is 0 %, I still bet the horse.

Further, there are some trainers that run very few starts per meet , but are lethal at long odds - I'd recommend to see who is beating you, rather than see what DRF stats say.

MO of course.

fffastt

WINMANWIN
03-18-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Tom@HTR
The trainer stats under the PP's - anyone know how often they get updated? reason being, in the War Room today, someone mentioned that Misty Sixes in the 6th was first time Klesaris and it might be a good thing becase inthe same race, his stablemate, Gem's Wager was first time Klesaris last out and won. Misty Sixes won, so that was indeed useful info. Now, in the third race, the 1 horse, Happy Trails ws first time Klesaris and it, too, won. So now we have 3-3 within two races today. Going into today, Klesaris had 2 winner from 25 that won first time out, now he has improved that to 4 for 27 - 8% to 15% in a day.
I'm curious how often these stats get updated because there might be other big changes in the data of other trainers, especially early in a meet.

BTW, Sanford Goldfarb, Probably Trainer Richard Dutrow's Main
Client has given S. Klesaris some of his racing stock.I also noticed Goldfarb STILL has horses with Dutrow.Curious to see how many more, have this OWNER/TRAINER angle.From what I read,
Klesaris is training some horses NOW for Goldfarb, Article did not say How many though :confused: