PDA

View Full Version : Help with Race Prophet

AlanBaze
09-19-2008, 03:40 PM
Hello, I am trying the Race Prophet software for the first time and am having problems opening a file. Not sure how and what to do. I have downloaded a Brisnet card that was sent using ADOBE. I don't know what to do any help please.:confused:

Boats
09-19-2008, 03:47 PM
I don't know anything about this program. But, the documentation says it uses single file format comma delimited files from brisnet.

plainolebill
09-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Scroll down the page at Bris and find the DRF data file (single), that's the one you need. You won't be able to use a pdf file.

tryto
09-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Alan If you would like to give your fone number.
I wld be happy to tell how I use the program

Tom Barrister
09-19-2008, 05:27 PM
You have to have the data file, which, when unzipped/unpacked, will have a *.drf extension, i.e. BEL0919.DRF

If you have a PDF file, i.e. BEL0909.PDF, then you have the wrong format.

scgmhawk
09-22-2008, 10:09 AM
I downloaded the race prophet sw as well to check it out since it's free. After running "process files" (and it appears that the data is extracting), no file appears. I'm just trying to run the sample .DRF file from Brisnet. I'm running Vista which I think could be the issue. Has anyone else run into this issue and have any ideas? Thanks for your help! I also emailed info@raceprophet but I suspect that they are no longer servicing this product since I haven't heard back and the last update is 2006.

-Steve

csperberg
09-22-2008, 11:18 AM
I run Vista x64 and I have no issues in getting the files into the program, I'm using procap files. I'm not sure what would be causing the problem as to why the files you are entering won't show up.Some tracks on an individual basis will encounter problems from time to time, though I believe it to be odd races as it happens typically with QH tracks, maybe odd breeds or something. It will say things like file appears corrupt but if I just hold enter down it bypasses what ever is stopping it, or sometimes it will just spit out a weird error and just freeze up the software. I usually then have to task manager out of it and rerun it and avoid that file, usually it's Mount Pleasant Meadows files that do this. I never bother to look into what types of races they run there to see if there is anything strange going on or not. Another one that does it is when Saratoga carts that early day with steeplechase races, it doesn't like those files either. I'm sure there are some other ones too I just can't recall them off hand.

scgmhawk
09-22-2008, 11:40 AM
I just decided to uninstall and then downloaded the program again. Seems to be working this time for some reason! Thanks for the reply!

scgmhawk
09-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Well, I was able to download and use a Bris file (.drf) yesterday but when I downloaded a TSN file (.EG) I get nothing. The file is on my computer and the race prophet software looks like it's processing/extracting the data but then the track is not available under "tracks". I received an email response from Colt -- the developer -- because I emailed him about it too and he's looking into the issue. It certainly could be something I'm doing but I can't figure it out and I'm ready to throw my laptop into a wall!

Tom Barrister
09-23-2008, 02:24 PM
It works for me, but I use XP (and probably will never use Vista, much like I never used Millenium).

scgmhawk
09-23-2008, 03:16 PM
I think there's just something wrong with the .exe file. I deleted the program off my computer and re-downloaded it and now I'm able to process the files that I couldn't before. I emailed Colt letting him know.

scgmhawk
09-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Colt updated the software on his website on 9/26 and it seems to working fine now.