Gallant Bloom H. - Grade: 2
Estimated Local Post Time: 5:19 PM
Race Type: Stakes
Breed: Thoroughbred
Age Restriction: Three Year Old and Upward
Sex: Fillies and Mares
Purse: $150,000
Distance: Six And One Half Furlongs
Surface: Dirt PostHorse NameAgeSexWeightJockey Name1Indian Blessing (KY) 3Filly119Corey S. Nakatani2Zada Belle (FL) 4Filly116Eibar Coa3Porte Bonheur (KY) 3Filly114Channing Hill4Sugar Swirl (ON) 5Mare119Javier Castellano5Elope (KY) 4Filly113Ramon A. Dominguez

joanied
09-19-2008, 11:27 AM
A SURE bet??? Maybe...but Sugar Swirl should give Indian Blessing a good run...as for me...I adore IB and will be looking for her to win this one. She's a monster going short, as we all know.

Indian :jump: Blessing...best of luck:ThmbUp:

jognlope
09-19-2008, 11:44 AM
Ok will use that exacta!

joanied
09-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Ok will use that exacta!

Gonna be way short odds... if I was at Belmont, I don't think I'd bet...excpept maybe to get a win ticket on Indain Blessing:)
Should be a hell of a great sprint, and I cannot see even Sugar Swirl beating IB....but as the trainer in 'Let it Ride' said...."ya never know"!!!!!
Indian Blessing:1:
Sugar Swirl:2:
Elope:3:

Proud Spell at Philly Park in the Cotillion...she's high weight and facing a good field...I'll be rootin' for her also!!
Proud Spell:1:

jognlope
09-19-2008, 12:32 PM
With that short field, sometimes I can luck out with trifecta straights. Anyway would love to see her win.

joanied
09-20-2008, 11:11 AM
With that short field, sometimes I can luck out with trifecta straights. Anyway would love to see her win.

Well jog... best of luck with your bets and sure hope IB takes this one!!

Gonna place any $$ on the Cotillion? If Proud Spell takes this one, and I hope soooooo much she does, then maybe she'll have enough to avoid the BC Distaff, Jones really would rather not go.

asH
09-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Well here's that situation again; dominating in her class of 3 year olds, now faces a monster older hard knocker sprinter in Sugar Swirl,

lets see
older seasoned (muscles developed) for tough fast fractions
VS
younger horse. Toughest sprinter Indian Blessing has faced was probably By The Light who is an off pace horse.

barring any weird incident, Indian Blessing would have to be the second coming of Secretariat to run with Sugar Swirl.

asH
09-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Sugar Swirled Scratched..........hope she's ok

joanied
09-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Sugar Swirled Scratched..........hope she's ok

CRAP...now I can't really reply to ASH....but I'll still say IB can beat Sugar Swirl...I also hope Sugar Swirl is OK...guess we'll find out why they scratched.
I can't wait for the race....

just saw Proud Spell have another absolutley nightmare trip, tried 2 times to get between horses, had to fall back, fianlly had to go wide and as always, she dug in for all she's worth, but just couldn't get there...she should have won...I think Prado wouldn't give an inch to let her between horses on the backstretch....it was awful to watch...I am very mad.

Imriledup
09-20-2008, 04:46 PM
Corey Nakatani is never a sure bet. He's not the same rider he once was. He was a really hard guy to bet on at Del Mar this summer, i wouldn't bet him with monopoly money, especially at 2-5.

joanied
09-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Indian Blessing:jump: :jump: :jump:

Imriledup....Corey didn't matter today....I coulda rode & won on the Champ today...easy as can be!!
ASH...still think Sugar could have beat IB today...IMO...not!! (I do adore Sugar Swirl too)...but no one was gonna beat IB today.

Bad news...Tough Tiz's Sis has been retired... fracture in a work. Very hard fpr the Baffert barn, she's such a great filly...at least she'll be OK and will be off to be a broodmare.
She'll be missed at the races.

Imriledup
09-20-2008, 06:03 PM

Imriledup....Corey didn't matter today....I coulda rode & won on the Champ today...easy as can be!!
ASH...still think Sugar could have beat IB today...IMO...not!! (I do adore Sugar Swirl too)...but no one was gonna beat IB today.

Bad news...Tough Tiz's Sis has been retired... fracture in a work. Very hard fpr the Baffert barn, she's such a great filly...at least she'll be OK and will be off to be a broodmare.

Corey didn't mess her up, which is a tribute to how great she is...she overcame the human anvil.

joanied
09-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Corey didn't mess her up, which is a tribute to how great she is...she overcame the human anvil.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

asH
09-21-2008, 01:14 PM

Joan, that was a race written for IB..:D In the real world I would never consider Zada Bell a real challenge on the front end for IB,and I guess Dominguez (on the only other horse that looked interesting enough to test IB) didnt even look at the the form or the board to get a sence of his competition, he just let IB go unchalenged, and settled for second from the gate (actually Dominguez does what he always does; rates off the pace then asks in the stretch). I'm sure she will get 1000 Beyer as well as Commentator for their stunning wins
BTW I singled her after the scratch

I'm sure there will be more than enough other future races for you to prove me wrong.:)
have a great day:jump:

joanied
09-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Joan, that was a race written for IB..:D In the real world I would never consider Zada Bell a real challenge on the front end for IB,and I guess Dominguez (on the only other horse that looked interesting enough to test IB) didnt even look at the the form or the board to get a sence of his competition, he just let IB go unchalenged, and settled for second from the gate (actually Dominguez does what he always does; rates off the pace then asks in the stretch). I'm sure she will get 1000 Beyer as well as Commentator for their stunning wins
BTW I singled her after the scratch

I'm sure there will be more than enough other future races for you to prove me wrong.:)
have a great day:jump:

hey ASH....so you didn't loose anything with that race:ThmbUp: but...now we don't know how it would have played if Sugar Swirl was there....still haven't seen anything on why they scratched...but I still think IB would have won (she loves Belmont)...she really made it look easy, she's a true Champion!!

I suppose Commentator will get another huge Beyer...his competition was not much, in fact, this may have been one of the weakest fields for the Mass Cap in years...but the old boy won with such authority that I doubt he'd have lost regardless of who he ran against...he's an awesome colt and will be a force in the BC Classic...I watched the show about the BC on HRTV and the Classic field is beginning to come together...including the Euro horse, Duke of Marmalade...
but, I guess talking about the BC needs to be over at the BC topic threads:)

You have a good one too:ThmbUp:

asH
09-22-2008, 11:56 AM
hey ASH....so you didn't loose anything with that race:ThmbUp: but...now we don't know how it would have played if Sugar Swirl was there....still haven't seen anything on why they scratched...but I still think IB would have won (she loves Belmont)...she really made it look easy, she's a true Champion!!

I suppose Commentator will get another huge Beyer...his competition was not much, in fact, this may have been one of the weakest fields for the Mass Cap in years...but the old boy won with such authority that I doubt he'd have lost regardless of who he ran against...he's an awesome colt and will be a force in the BC Classic...I watched the show about the BC on HRTV and the Classic field is beginning to come together...including the Euro horse, Duke of Marmalade...
but, I guess talking about the BC needs to be over at the BC topic threads:)

You have a good one too:ThmbUp:

We'll have to see if Sugar Swirl has a race comparable to this one written for her;) ...Yes, IB and Commentator are true champions, but, perchance they should happen to wander out of their respective comfortable confines , then you and me are on :D

joanied
09-22-2008, 01:30 PM
We'll have to see if Sugar Swirl has a race comparable to this one written for her;) ...Yes, IB and Commentator are true champions, but, perchance they should happen to wander out of their respective comfortable confines , then you and me are on :D

Why do you say the Gallant Bloom was written for IB...it's an established race...unless you mean the field she faced was less than stellar...then yeah, we might say it was written for her.
I still have not found anything on why Bobby F scratched SS...do you know why?
Now IB is heading for CA. and the Sprint...will that qualify for being out of her confines (Belmont Park)...and what BC race will they enter SS in?

As for Commentator...I stated what I thought of the Mass Cap...easy feild, athoritive win...in fact if that had been BB in there, everyone would be yelling that he didn't beat crap...but, Commentator is an awesome horse that will be facing a hell of a field in the Classic...he won't have it his way, so I'd say that takes him out of his comfort zone, eh!!

ash...if Sugar Swirl & Indian Blessing finally do meet...OKIE-DOKIE, then...
we are on:jump:
:)

plainolebill
09-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Just a swag, but Frankel has a perceived habit of ducking horses he thinks he can't beat. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was why he scratched Sugar Swirl.

joanied
09-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Just a swag, but Frankel has a perceived habit of ducking horses he thinks he can't beat. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was why he scratched Sugar Swirl.

:ThmbUp: Which is probably why we haven't seen the reason for the scratch...although you'd think the stewards would want a good reason for anyone to scratch out of a race like that!!!

asH
09-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Somtimes you never know why a horse is scratched early, SS needs a prep if she's is to go west, lets see what comes up for her. Confines pertaining to class...In NY where half the field scratches daily, I doubt they are all legit, sometimes back room dealings do apply. And yes, a BC race will do, you mean the Filly & Mare Sprint ,Baffert will never enter her in the BC Sprint ...he's not crazy.

joanied
09-22-2008, 04:26 PM
ASH...
True, true, true...and I suppose Bobby could have given them any weak excuse for the scratch.
They'll find something for her as a BC prep, no doubt.
Saw an interview with Baffert about which sprint he'll send IB...he said he's waiting to see what colts might drop out of their sprint...but he also admitted he's more inclined to send IB in the Distaff Sprint... even if a couple of colts drop out, and as good as IB is, IMO, I agree with you...she should stay with the fillies/mares...the BC is not a good spot to try her agianst colts!!!