PDA

View Full Version : Proud Spell...Saturday

joanied
09-18-2008, 05:46 PM
She goes in the Cotillion at Philly... this one may not be easy. High weight at 124 lbs. and it's been a busy season for the little mighty one...

http://racing.bloodhorse.com/article/47110.htm

Proud Spell :jump: :jump: :jump: Best of racing luck on Saturday...

joanied
09-20-2008, 04:30 PM
I am sooooooo mad :mad: Did you see the Cotillion? GGGRRRR!!!

Proud Spell should have won today...I don't know if Prado on the R Dutrow horse wouldn't let PS in between horses or what...but twice PS's rider tried to go between horses and twice was forced back...she finally had to go around horses, lost a ton of ground, all momentum and yet she still dug in and took place...Larry Jones needs a new jock...can't recall his name, but I don't like him much...
bad, bad, bad ride...Proud Spell was much the best and just had a :( nightmare trip.

I am soooooo bummed!!

johnav
09-20-2008, 07:41 PM
The jock is Gabrial Saez, and he stinks!

If Jones ever enters 2 horses uncopuled, I always play the one Terry Thompson is on.

joanied
09-21-2008, 11:02 AM
The jock is Gabrial Saez, and he stinks!

If Jones ever enters 2 horses uncopuled, I always play the one Terry Thompson is on.

Thanks, I was too lazy to look it up:blush:
He does stink...he sucks!! Why on Earth does Larry ride this guy...I hope Larry could see how bad a ride she got and switches jocks on her...I'd bet there would be 10 good jocks lined up to get on Proud Spell.
I'm still pissed off :mad: about this....he ruined her race record with that ride and possibly her shot at the Eclipse award without having to go to the BC.

lamboguy
09-21-2008, 11:22 AM
did the rider stink when proud spell won the kentucky oaks, or when she beat musical note?

that is the way the horse runs, the race was tough and the breaks didn't go her way.

personally i think that kid rides alright. i take him before johnnie v, and pletcher rides him.

joanied
09-21-2008, 11:26 AM
did the rider stink when proud spell won the kentucky oaks, or when she beat musical note?

that is the way the horse runs, the race was tough and the breaks didn't go her way.

personally i think that kid rides alright. i take him before johnnie v, and pletcher rides him.

OK, you have a point there...maybe we're being to hard on him...and maybe it was Prado on Dutrow's horse that closed the hole on Gabriel twice...hard to say watching it on TV without a headon shot...
either way, I am still pissed and very bummed...for Proud Spell & Larry.

lamboguy
09-21-2008, 12:40 PM
listen, i love larry jones too, he does a big job. even if the horse had it her own way she might have lost. she was spotting them weight. and she came out of a very tough race. i love proud spell too.

loet me tell you this also, shawn bridgemohan isn't the best rider in the world, yet he has first call for asmussen. that's because he rides the horses the way steve wants him to ride. sure garrett gomez is a better rider, but he would never ride for steve first call, it would cost him money. gabriel saez rides for jones because he does what jones wants him to do, whenever he wants him to do it!!

joanied
09-22-2008, 10:51 AM
listen, i love larry jones too, he does a big job. even if the horse had it her own way she might have lost. she was spotting them weight. and she came out of a very tough race. i love proud spell too.

loet me tell you this also, shawn bridgemohan isn't the best rider in the world, yet he has first call for asmussen. that's because he rides the horses the way steve wants him to ride. sure garrett gomez is a better rider, but he would never ride for steve first call, it would cost him money. gabriel saez rides for jones because he does what jones wants him to do, whenever he wants him to do it!!

Yes, she was giving weight...but I don't think that mattered with Sugar Swirl scratched. And even with the last race being a toughie, she still dug in down the lane, the filly has got heart!!
I do realize trainers like riding jocks that listen to intructions and ride accordingly, but I still beleive she lost all chance when she was cut off from going between horses that second time...I knew she was not going to quite get there right at that moment.

lamboguy
09-22-2008, 11:04 AM
anytime you are stuck inbetween horses you are dead. she still ran good she just didn't win.

i run horses myself, some cheap and some real good. i try to stay with the same rider on the horse because i think he or she gets to know the horse and what they have underneath them.

i have been beat with the best horse and the best rider bunches of times. when you are the best horse the other riders know it too, and they come gunning after you.

we won a stake race in churchill on derby day with holiday runner. a filly against the boys and beleive me we didn't get a base on balls that day with j.d. baily riding her. that was about 10 years ago

asH
09-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Lambo

He has shown on a few (happens to be when the world is watching) occasions there are times he doesn’t know what to do or when to do it. To be specific when other jocks attempt to intimidate him, he loses it... I would really like to know if that assessment reflects his character.

joanied
09-22-2008, 12:49 PM
anytime you are stuck inbetween horses you are dead. she still ran good she just didn't win.

i run horses myself, some cheap and some real good. i try to stay with the same rider on the horse because i think he or she gets to know the horse and what they have underneath them.

i have been beat with the best horse and the best rider bunches of times. when you are the best horse the other riders know it too, and they come gunning after you.

we won a stake race in churchill on derby day with holiday runner. a filly against the boys and beleive me we didn't get a base on balls that day with j.d. baily riding her. that was about 10 years ago

Now that must have been a great race day for you...must have been a really nice filly...you still have her as a broodmare?

Yeah, as soon as PS got shut out of that hole the second time, I knew she wasn't gonna get there...and no doubt, it was Prado making sure she didn't get through....race riding and the fact that PS DID have that bullseye on her back...but, I realize trainers like riding the same jock on the same horse...kinda a no brainer:rolleyes: there...but as for gabreil, I never did think he really fit PS, even though he wins with her and is a good enough rider...he makes me nervous because he's always all over her and sits too high off her shoulders...but, that's just my opinion:)

joanied
09-22-2008, 12:53 PM
"we won a stake race in churchill on derby day with holiday runner. a filly against the boys and beleive me we didn't get a base on balls that day with j.d. baily riding her. that was about 10 years ago"

lamboguy..I got curious about your Holiday Runner and looked her up...WOW...very, very nice filly and great pedigree...I hope you got some babies out of her.

joanied
09-22-2008, 01:34 PM
Lambo

He has shown on a few (happens to be when the world is watching) occasions there are times he doesn’t know what to do or when to do it. To be specific when other jocks attempt to intimidate him, he loses it... I would really like to know if that assessment reflects his character.

ASH...you just verified my statements about him...and although I used this link in another post on Proud Spell... in this story, Larry pretty much says the same thing about Gabriel...he's just much nicer about it:
http://racing.bloodhorse.com//viewstory.asp?id=47177

asH
09-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Loyalty is a great trait, but loyal to who? the owners, horse or the jockey.

as Larry says, 'HE' feels Saez will be a hall of fame jock someday (but then again anyone can get in)... at what expense, at what cost

eclipse, purse money

joanied
09-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Loyalty is a great trait, but loyal to who? the owners, horse or the jockey.

as Larry says, 'HE' feels Saez will be a hall of fame jock someday (but then again anyone can get in)... at what expense, at what cost

eclipse, purse money

Loyal, in this case, to Saez...I think Larry feels bad the kid went through what he did with Eight Belles...but if this kid wants tobe a 'Hall of Famer'...he needs to get over it because it'll probably happen again one day. If he's scared to go through a hole, he shouldn;'t be riding.
So, yes...at what cost indeed.