PDA

View Full Version : New Angle- tvg

big frank
09-18-2008, 04:37 PM
I watch both Tvg @ Hrtv and i there is a Huge difference in the on air announcers. I always make my own plays and never look for any handicappng advice from any announcers, but Hrtv has so much better info then tvg. Outside of Matt Carothers does anyone else on tvg pick anything over 4-1 ? Tvg is trying to reach out to rookies, but they keep putting up these pick 4 and pick 6 tickets that must be killing anyone stupid enogh to jump on board. There is no trying to think outside the box and all you see all day long are CHALKMARKS. My new angle is when Nick Hines or Frank Mirahmadi doesnt like my horse i double my bet , and when they like my horse i cancel my ticket. Everyday i hear these guys pick a 7/5 shot and they say ,,, I hope this horse likes the distance or i hope this horse keeps its form for its new barn.... Why would you play a 6/5 shot and hopes it will handle something new ????

cj's dad
09-18-2008, 04:47 PM
I watch both Tvg @ Hrtv and i there is a Huge difference in the on air announcers. I always make my own plays and never look for any handicappng advice from any announcers, but Hrtv has so much better info then tvg. Outside of Matt Carothers does anyone else on tvg pick anything over 4-1 ? Tvg is trying to reach out to rookies, but they keep putting up these pick 4 and pick 6 tickets that must be killing anyone stupid enogh to jump on board. There is no trying to think outside the box and all you see all day long are CHALKMARKS. My new angle is when Nick Hines or Frank Mirahmadi doesnt like my horse i double my bet , and when they like my horse i cancel my ticket. Everyday i hear these guys pick a 7/5 shot and they say ,,, I hope this horse likes the distance or i hope this horse keeps its form for its new barn.... Why would you play a 6/5 shot and hopes it will handle something new ????

Why do you care what HRTV or TVG on air personalities think? Their picks have nothing to do with the races outcome. If you're at the track, do you solicit opinions from people nearby?
If the TVG picks are so bad (in your opinion), then what you should hope for is that all the lemmings who wager based on those picks are doing so with both hands to make your selections prices go up. The only way I would be upset is if I had a live long shot and these guys picks were to agree with mine and I watched the price of my selection go down.

judd
09-18-2008, 06:54 PM
i would rather :) look at joanne jones

big frank
09-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Why do you care what HRTV or TVG on air personalities think? Their picks have nothing to do with the races outcome. If you're at the track, do you solicit opinions from people nearby?
If the TVG picks are so bad (in your opinion), then what you should hope for is that all the lemmings who wager based on those picks are doing so with both hands to make your selections prices go up. The only way I would be upset is if I had a live long shot and these guys picks were to agree with mine and I watched the price of my selection go down. Maybe you know everything but i like to learn from people that know what there talking about. I remember when Big Brown came back in a ho-hum alw race at gulfstream on a thursday and i was impressed , but when i heard a guy like Jeff Siegel say that might be your derby winner ,, i made sure i sent in a future bet and did very well. Maybe you were watching tvg that day ?

toetoe
09-18-2008, 07:55 PM
frank,

Ignoring the tvg guys, after a decently sized sample of picks, by inductive reasoning, is wise.

Any Derby stuff is based on a microscopic sample size --- it only runs once per year --- so that may be a no-go, also. :)

The Hawk
09-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Maybe you know everything but i like to learn from people that know what there talking about. I remember when Big Brown came back in a ho-hum alw race at gulfstream on a thursday and i was impressed , but when i heard a guy like Jeff Siegel say that might be your derby winner ,, i made sure i sent in a future bet and did very well. Maybe you were watching tvg that day ?

If you watched Big Brown win that race and didn't realize you were looking at a very nice horse you have a lot to learn about how to watch horse races. I'm not taking a shot at you, I'm serious.

JustRalph
09-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Reminds me of when I was watching Video before Barbaro's Derby. I had only seen the Fla Derby race on Video before and this one I thought was incredible. There are some stories about guys in Vegas who saw the race below and made future bets immediately after watching the race..........

Check out this race , would it have inspired you to walk to a window in Vegas? .......the video sucks......but it works...............watch it with the sound off........the announcer can be distracting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMGCzcxKUt4

EMGCzcxKUt4

Speed Figure
09-19-2008, 12:01 AM
I watch TVG for entertainment only. When I really want to watch the races that I'm betting I use my computer.

turfbar
09-19-2008, 09:36 AM
I predict this chick will be on one of those 2 racing channels soon.
If they don't then I know there crazy.

HOT! HOT ! HOT!

Jessica Pacheio or how ever she spells it

Turfbar

big frank
09-19-2008, 11:07 AM
If you watched Big Brown win that race and didn't realize you were looking at a very nice horse you have a lot to learn about how to watch horse races. I'm not taking a shot at you, I'm serious. Would you agree this is one of the worst group of 3yo colts we have seen lately ?\ If you do not agree with that i feel you need to check out the numbers and stop kidding your self that Big Brown is such a superstar. I respect the fact Big Brown has talent and runs well on turf or dirt , but the figs point out that he was born in the right year. If you could ,,, please tell me which 3yos he has has left behind him is worthy of talk as being a serious horse ??

BUD
09-19-2008, 11:14 AM
The only thing I am accomplished in is being the new guy to Handicapping. The meat of the TVG experience is the pick 6.....If you want to get rooks of this game out send them before their time to play pick 6's......The TVG pick 4 loss turns into the pick 6...The pick 6 loss segways into the late pick 4....For newbies, which I am a card carrying one...It is Handicapping 101 @ its worst...

Variation is needed if they want to attract newbies.....Not to kill prices but pick a race make the pp's available for newbies, break the race down....After analyze the race, take calls and walk the beginner thru the process......Then next day work on another aspect.......Exacta, etc,,,,,,,,

The game is a beast.. The average person may dabble then crap out quick and not return.....

The only reason I am here is the assistance of Boomer and another unnamed Maverick here who assisted me......Now I can take a bankroll and have staying power.........But TVG has the resources to do this big and in the process infuse this game with more dollars from new folk..........

But Pick 6 Central is what rules the TVG day.....Making them just white noise that broadcast some races...

Just my newbie opinion...

BTW.....I enjoy some TVG Monday and Tuesdays, even if I am not playing....Rich P does his best to explain this game to newbies..
I am sure this is boring to you veterans..

Tom Barrister
09-19-2008, 12:46 PM
i like to learn from people that know what there talking about.

You found somebody from TVG (besides Rich Perloff) who knows what he/she is talking about?

cj's dad
09-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Hey Big Frank- 1st, you said this

I always make my own plays and never look for any handicappng advice from any announcers

Then, you said this :confused:

Maybe you know everything but i like to learn from people that know what there talking about.

should be they're

BTW- I don't know everything, but I do know there are only 2 people who can possibly influence my picks and we all have the same last name. :)

JBmadera
09-19-2008, 02:11 PM
I predict this chick will be on one of those 2 racing channels soon.
If they don't then I know there crazy.

HOT! HOT ! HOT!

Jessica Pacheio or how ever she spells it

Turfbar

yep, she is. just fired up the video from PNL - Andrea Ritter is my new fav, cute, cute!

JBmadera
09-19-2008, 02:13 PM
yep, she is. just fired up the video from PNL - Andrea Ritter is my new fav, cute, cute!

make sure the volume is OFF!

JustRalph
09-19-2008, 05:05 PM
The only reason I am here is the assistance of Boomer and another unnamed Maverick here who assisted me......

Amazing, As busy as John McCain is, he was able to help you out. Amazing!

BUD
09-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Amazing, As busy as John McCain is, he was able to help you out. Amazing!

Love that 07 car.

LMA-off:lol:

The Hawk
09-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Would you agree this is one of the worst group of 3yo colts we have seen lately ?\ If you do not agree with that i feel you need to check out the numbers and stop kidding your self that Big Brown is such a superstar. I respect the fact Big Brown has talent and runs well on turf or dirt , but the figs point out that he was born in the right year. If you could ,,, please tell me which 3yos he has has left behind him is worthy of talk as being a serious horse ??

I agree, it's the worst crop I can remember. That's not the point.

I don't think Big Brown is such a superstar. I'm just saying that if you watched him win that race, and the way he did it. Forget the figures, watch the race objectively. His talent was obvious, you shouldn't have needed anyone to tell you he was a serious racehorse.

BeatTheChalk
09-20-2008, 01:33 AM
i would rather :) look at joanne jones

I knew Gordon quite well when I lived in SoCal. Well actually .. my friend
knows him well :jump:
At any rate - U are 1000 per cent correct. His daughter is one classy
Filly :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

llegend39
09-21-2008, 10:17 AM

Your system took a hit yesterday. Frank M gave out the early pick-4 at MTh for $360 on a $48 ticket.

The Hawk
09-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Your system took a hit yesterday. Frank M gave out the early pick-4 at MTh for $360 on a $48 ticket.

They finally post a winning ticket and they got a little over 6-1? I think his system will be fine in the long run.

NY BRED
09-22-2008, 06:20 AM
If the TVG picks are so bad (in your opinion), then what you should hope for is that all the lemmings who wager based on those picks are doing so with both hands to make your selections prices go up. The only way I would be upset is if I had a live long shot and these guys picks were to agree with mine and I watched the price of my selection go down.

Actually, soliciting the public opinion(as throwouts) worked quite well for
Richard Dreyfuss in the 1992 movie. Let it Ride:eek: :jump: