PDA

View Full Version : 1st move of the new democratic president will be

sammy the sage
09-18-2008, 06:14 AM
much as can't stand him...he's now the winner...made my political bet by the way....

Will be to RAISE min. wage...the gov't is broke...so throw it on the backs of business owner's like me...of course this will mean EVEN more inflation!

RaceBookJoe
09-18-2008, 10:45 AM
much as can't stand him...he's now the winner...made my political bet by the way....

Will be to RAISE min. wage...the gov't is broke...so throw it on the backs of business owner's like me...of course this will mean EVEN more inflation!

Plug in the teleprompter.

HUSKER55
09-18-2008, 04:00 PM
And you are worried that Obama does not understand economics.

JustRalph
09-18-2008, 04:08 PM
Plug in the teleprompter.
:lol: :lol:

ArlJim78
09-18-2008, 04:13 PM
second move: remove smoke detectors from oval office.

RaceBookJoe
09-18-2008, 04:15 PM
second move: remove smoke detectors from oval office.

Third move : remove penis from interns mouth, check teleprompter for what to say next.

Tom
09-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Fourth move - alert the rest of his cell.

lsbets
09-18-2008, 09:31 PM
Do they let interns paint peace signs on their faces? :eek:

Tom
09-18-2008, 10:04 PM
Yup.

nH5ixmT83JE

Steve 'StatMan'
09-18-2008, 10:08 PM
1st move of the new democratic president? Don't know, I think it'll be at least another 4 years before one gets elected.

hcap
09-19-2008, 06:47 AM
Do they let interns paint peace signs on their faces? :eek:Let's see. I whip your ass, deflating your hard on about McSames' email inability. I remind you about your nonsense story about Iraqi WMDs' smuggled to Syria ( or was that Ralphs'?that you supported ), I hint, don't know for sure.... Palin might be the biggest perch story yet. ,

And you resort to channelling that king of nonsense, skate.
I guess you are a tad nervous.

Regress to your mean LS? I mean mean.
Here's another thing to be nervous about.

http://warandpiece.com/

"McCain's other problem is that Sarah Palin may no longer be an asset to the ticket; in fact, she may be a liability. Averaging the candidates' favorability scores across four recent polls -- as one should always try and do when looking at favorability numbers since they can vary greatly depending on question wording -- Palin now has the worst net scores among the four principals in the race ... Palin's average favorability score is now a +7 -- about 10 points behind Joe Biden's numbers. Perhaps more importantly, these numbers are 10-15 points behind where Palin's numbers were just a week or so ago. If voters come in not knowing very much about a candidate -- and the more they see of the candidate, the less they like of the candidate -- this is a major concern."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/us/general_election_mccain_vs_obama-225.html#chart

RCP Average 09/09 - 09/18 -- 47.3 45.2 Obama +2.1

Obama back in the lead. And 3 debates to go.

lsbets
09-19-2008, 07:30 AM
Now Hcap, while ass whipping might be something you pay top dollar for, only in your delusional world did you do anything of the sort that you imagine. Sorry, reality differs from the mouthfuls you swallow. As far as Palin goes - pay attention - read my comments on her. Then get back to me. Until then you are hardly man enough, or when you lay dress up girl enough, to even consider taking me on. You're not up to the task. Once again you prove you have no clue at all.

But, if you want to dream of being a WH intern you're more than welcome to. I think you're up to task.

Tom
09-19-2008, 09:39 AM
1. hcap did not prove anything about email ability- zero!
2. hcap is seriously deranged for dwelling on it.

Can you imagine a life so devoid of meaning and purpose that arguing about email for weeks is fulfilling? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cangamble
09-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Fifth Move- Build a Holocaust Deniers Museum to appease Ahmadinejad.

Tom
09-19-2008, 10:05 AM
After Imadinerjackt's remarks yesterday, we should just lob a few into his house.

Cangamble
09-19-2008, 10:15 AM
After Imadinerjackt's remarks yesterday, we should just lob a few into his house.
I agree. I like calling him Amadjihad instead.
The world would be much better and safer if he was sent to Muslim heaven to play with Mohammed and his flock of 9 year old girls.

HUSKER55
09-19-2008, 10:19 AM
I read somewhere that Obama's financial advisor used to run Fannie Mae which went down the crapper. Does anyone know for sure if that is true.

If that is true then get ready for more of the same if Obama gets elected.

Palin is an asset as the race is tightening. Even the slanted journalist are conceding that. Watch the news. Her views on economics are better than you think.

I was watching a latenight talk show and one of the callers said Palin wants to break up the major financial conglomerates, to add more competition, raise minimums on shorts and tighten regulations already in place and provide a shield of some type ,(I didn't get that part), to give American interest an edge.

Sounded good to me.

husker55

Steve 'StatMan'
09-19-2008, 10:38 AM
I read somewhere that Obama's financial advisor used to run Fannie Mae which went down the crapper. Does anyone know for sure if that is true.

If that is true then get ready for more of the same if Obama gets elected.

Turns out Mike/PA just started a new thread about this:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50762

ddog
09-19-2008, 10:45 AM
to send Palin overseas to beg for oil and favours from our owners.

HUSKER55
09-19-2008, 11:32 PM
thanks steve

hcap
09-20-2008, 05:56 AM
Now Hcap, while ass whipping might be something you pay top dollar for, only in your delusional world did you do anything of the sort that you imagine.
I proved you wrong yet you cling to a fantasy world where facts mean nothing.
Your only final desperate, stupid and banal comeback is to become skate like.
Well done Ls. It would seem your Sigmund Freud persona analyzing others, is missing in action when it comes to self-understanding. So be it. Sleep well but be prepared for a rude awaking come November.

hcap
09-20-2008, 06:51 AM
The Palin ( perch-choice ) AFTER THE BOUNCE....
Sum of favorable+unfavorable.
She now has the lowest approval rating of any member of either ticket.

"And this is the end-result of hiding her from the press. Can you imagine what would have happened if the McCain campaign had treated her like an adult and put her in front of reporters??"

http://www.motherjones.com/mojoblog/palin_approval.png

lsbets
09-20-2008, 07:31 AM
Yep Hcap, you sure did prove your point. Heck, now you have me doubting that McCain was ever a POW, let alone injured during his time there. :bang: :bang:

Tom
09-20-2008, 10:45 AM
I am now convinced that Blackberries do not exist!

Buckeye
09-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Fourth move - alert the rest of his cell.

Tom, do you truely think Obama is part of a cell?

Even if he was, that's a nice job by the democrats getting him in there.

I'll give you the final popular vote figures from November fourth 2008 now, just in case you're interested: 4 percent more votes for him.

Could be more than that but considering racism and his plagiarist VP seleciton I'll take it.

Cell this. I'm not smoking anything that would cause me to make any kind of statements. Prove it or as I will on election day Obama wins. Like shooting fish in a barrel that's how easy this call is. Step down or step up your choice.

And don't tell me I'm right but wrong somehow. Obama is NOT part of any cell period. He will be our next President I predict based upon my analysis of the facts which include this Country is due for and I repeat DUE for change.

Buckeye
09-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Smoking in your car might get you arrested.

Look, I'd absolutely love to be wrong about this but Obama wins. He's unqualified and he's untested. But it seems OBVIOUS to me that if the election process is still by any means fair (which I believe it is) then those in power will be thrown out.

Don't care about cell issues or race issues or anything else. Please refer to the title of this thread.

kenwoodallpromos
09-20-2008, 01:15 PM
Choose lowlifes for cabinet and staff. maybe ex- Rep Congressmen!!

JustRalph
09-20-2008, 04:06 PM
If Obama wins, it is going to be fun to watch anyway

You think Clinton had it bad, bringing this guy down will be something to watch

And his supporters, good luck finding jobs..............he is going to make them unemployable.............no matter their race or religion, when he taxes business into the ground..........the jobs go away. And I believe race will become a factor after that. The savior of the downtrodden will lead them into a nightmare four years.........

There might be some Obama types who celebrate, but it won't last.

Tom
09-20-2008, 04:45 PM
The USA has the world's highest corporate tax rates.

Still wonder why our jobs area going out of the country?
O'Bama plan to raise the taxes.

THAT should bring them flocking back. :lol::lol::lol:

prospector
09-20-2008, 05:02 PM
The USA has the world's highest corporate tax rates.

when will the sheep wake up to understand that they end up paying for those corporate taxes? :bang:

PaceAdvantage
09-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Look, I'd absolutely love to be wrong about this but Obama wins. He's unqualified and he's untested. But it seems OBVIOUS to me that if the election process is still by any means fair (which I believe it is) then those in power will be thrown out.If your theory was anywhere near correct, then Obama should be at LEAST 20+ points ahead in the polls at this moment.

He's not. And there's a reason.

sammy the sage
09-21-2008, 08:42 PM
""If your theory was anywhere near correct, then Obama should be at LEAST 20+ points ahead in the polls at this moment.

He's not. And there's a reason.""

WTF is this...P.A. is looking beyond the stat's/number's posted...OMFG :faint:

PaceAdvantage
09-21-2008, 08:46 PM
WTF is this...P.A. is looking beyond the stat's/number's posted...OMFG :faint:Have I disrespected you in some way that you feel it is just fine and dandy to come at me with this drivel?

If so, please point it out with a link so that I can apologize appropriately.

sammy the sage
09-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Our "banter" over the last 8 month's on GDP #'s and/or other meaningful #'s...

That You have so STAUNCHLY defended as being ACCURATE... :bang:

Such a flip-flop in character...I find amusing :lol:

Hope that RE-FRESHEN'S you memory...as there's too many threads to link :D

And no...NOT offended at all...just having a ROFLMAO moment...please forgive me.

PaceAdvantage
09-22-2008, 02:25 AM
That You have so STAUNCHLY defended as being ACCURATE... :bang: Please, link to the thread where I defend the GPD numbers as being accurate? You won't find any.

I quote the GDP numbers, because that's all I have to go on. They were the GDP numbers used in prior recessions, including earlier this decade.

Somebody posted a presentation about how the GDP numbers are inflated, and I thanked them for posting that. I defended nothing.

I wish folks would stop putting words in my mouth that I never stated.

If you can find the thread where I STAUNCHLY DEFEND the GDP numbers as being ACCURATE, you'll win a prize.

But you won't find any....thank YOU for the laugh!

PaceAdvantage
09-22-2008, 02:26 AM
And no...NOT offended at all...just having a ROFLMAO moment...please forgive me.Who said anything about being offended? I asked if I disrespected you somehow, leading to your rather unsavory reply to me a few posts up....

I guess you couldn't find a thread in that case either....what a shocker....is the search function here broken?

sammy the sage
09-22-2008, 07:24 AM
""Somebody posted a presentation about how the GDP numbers are inflated, and I thanked them for posting that. ""

I did that...never saw the thank you...but your welcome! ;)

It is funny though....""I quote the GDP numbers, because that's all I have to go on."'

In all your response's in numerous thread's...you NEVER ONCE questioned them PRIOR till now...you JUST BLASTED my position and other's as well!

Same goes for INFLATION and un-employment #'s as well :bang:

PaceAdvantage
09-22-2008, 08:02 PM
Blasted? I think not. Disagreed....yes....blasted....no way.

I kept asking when we were going to see numbers that reflected a recession, as we have in every prior recession. If that's blasting, then I sincerely apologize.

sammy the sage
09-22-2008, 08:28 PM
^^^^^^^

OK...spilt milk...an OPEN mind is a GOOD thing...

So do P.A. you really think McCain can win???

I personally don't think it will matter either way at this point...

I DO NOT want my guns taken away...so I'll vote for McCain...but it won't matter w/this F'g economic mess...which ALL politician's seem to have contributed too!

I've been WIPED out twice...and bounced back twice...(due to mother nature/weather)...would REALLY like to plan for the UPCOMING mess PROPERLY!

Buckeye
09-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Well as ya know, the Republican Party has usually won the Presidency for quite some time now. Have to see how well Obama "does" tonight to change that.

Most evident: is anyone disputing Joe Biden as a poor choice?

Should I should just go "back to the ranch" and ignore realities which as I stated are money . . .

Pace Advantage: nice job in letting me state my opinions which more often than not prove to be Correct.

you got it, correct.

By correct right now I mean who will win the Election.

Obama will win. He's younger he's more of an "outsider" and these are tough times for the SUV I've got a right to own one crowd.

Case closed.

Mexico is on hold as far as I'm concerned.

sammy the sage
10-16-2008, 06:09 AM
I'm wrong here...no not about the winner of the election...just his 1st move.

1st...dumb-a$$ dems will PRINT more money...ie...rebates...
2nd...raise min. wage for reason's I stated...
3rd...then tAX the sh!t outta EVERYBODY...

lamboguy
10-16-2008, 08:54 AM
the democrats can tax all they want. if no one is making any money, what will they have to tax?

Tom
10-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Funny you should ask......The Beatles knew way back when......

Let me tell you how it will be;
There's one for you, nineteen for me.
'Cause I知 Obama,
Yeah, I知 Obama.

Should five per cent appear too small,
Be thankful I don't take it all.
'Cause I知 Obama,
Yeah, I知 Obama.

if you drive a car, car - I値l tax the street;
if you try to sit, sit - I値l tax your seat;
if you get too cold, cold - I値l tax the heat;
if you take a walk, walk - I'll tax your feet.

Messiah!

'Cause I知 Obama,
Yeah, I知 Obama.

Don't ask me what I want it for, (ah-ah, miss Pelosi )
If you don't want to pay some more. (ah-ah, mister Reid)
'Cause I知 Obama,
Yeah, I知 Obama.

Now my advice for those who die, (Obama)
Declare the pennies on your eyes. (Obama)
'Cause I知 Obama,
Yeah, I知 OBama.

And you're working for no one but me.

Messiah!

Marshall Bennett
10-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Doesn't really matter what they do . If its a failure Bush will get blaimed .

ddog
10-16-2008, 12:09 PM
In appearances this month in Washington, however, Petraeus has sought to manage expectations of any repeat of the Iraq performance in Afghanistan -- often suggested by Republican presidential candidate John McCain -- stressing that Afghanistan is not Iraq, and that while some concepts are "transplantable," Afghanistan has daunting challenges likely to require a far lengthier effort.

"The effort in Afghanistan is going to be the longest campaign of the long war," Petraeus said in a meeting yesterday with Washington Post reporters and editors.

Parts of Afghanistan have "actually been spiraling downward throughout the course of this year," Petraeus said last week at the Heritage Foundation. "The biggest lesson of counterinsurgency is that every situation is unique. You have to be very careful to have that nuanced understanding . . . of the circumstances on the ground," he said.

Petraeus is recruiting a brain trust of advisers, much as he did for Iraq, taking the studious approach that has become the hallmark of the four-star general who holds a doctorate in international relations from Princeton University.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/10/15/AR2008101503685.html

Perhaps "nuanced understandings" are not all bad as many seem to think on this board, perhaps Princeton is now the problem not the solution as well as harvard?

:eek:

ddog
10-16-2008, 12:12 PM
when will the sheep wake up to understand that they end up paying for those corporate taxes? :bang:

when will other sheep understand that tax rates and tax liabilities are not the same thing?

sammy the sage
11-04-2008, 08:08 AM
by the way...

Gotta give props to the O-Man...he ran a FAR SUPERIOR campaign...MUCH MORE organized....and the fund raising/voter registration/ect...

He DESERVE'S to win...(not that I wanted that)...just STATING the true FACTS here.........

Also...

this will be a president by committee... :lol: :( :mad:

Reed/Pelos :eek: /O-man...... :faint:

Get YOUR guns NOW!

as that will under assualt as well.

OK....let's PRINT more money....gotta pay THOSE tax's!

PaceAdvantage
11-04-2008, 09:30 AM
by the way...

Gotta give props to the O-Man...he ran a FAR SUPERIOR campaign...MUCH MORE organized....and the fund raising/voter registration/ect...

He DESERVE'S to win...(not that I wanted that)...just STATING the true FACTS here.........It's so funny to read this and this kind of mentality. You know, lsbets just posted a fantastic observation about money raised...allow me to reproduce it here and get your response:

I'll just be happy that the damned thing is over. This election has been obscene. Way too long, a pitiful media, and way too much money. Anyone who is not concerned about the amount of money Obama has raised is a fool. If a Rep outspent his opponent like Obama has, all you would see is stories of how unfair the advantage is and how he is trying to buy the election. Barely a peep about that today. Agree or disagree with the bolded part (emphasis mine)?

DeanT
11-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Agree or disagree with the bolded part (emphasis mine)?

Could not agree more. What I learned from this election down there was the (and I guess we knew it before) double standard of the media. I dislike it when it works both ways. And I am not talking about talk shows like Olbermann or OR who are allowed to editorialize, I am speaking of those who tell us they dont have a dog in the fight. It has been amazing.

If McCain had outspent O, had an associate who bombed abortion clinics 30 years ago, and had a group he gave money to who was registering dead people to vote the outrage would have been deafening.

sammy the sage
11-04-2008, 08:22 PM
So DOING A BETTER JOB is concern for criticism...how UN-REPUBLICAN are you... :lol: :D

pandy
11-04-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm surprised none of the stations have called this yet?

boxcar
11-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Could not agree more. What I learned from this election down there was the (and I guess we knew it before) double standard of the media. I dislike it when it works both ways. And I am not talking about talk shows like Olbermann or OR who are allowed to editorialize, I am speaking of those who tell us they dont have a dog in the fight. It has been amazing.

If McCain had outspent O, had an associate who bombed abortion clinics 30 years ago, and had a group he gave money to who was registering dead people to vote the outrage would have been deafening.

And the lack of this outrage speaks volumes to the depth of moral decay in this nation.

Boxcar

Tom
11-04-2008, 11:40 PM
The fabric of America has just been stained.
Sad how many morons live in this country. I mean that sincerely.

LottaKash
11-05-2008, 12:00 AM
this will be a president by committee... :lol: :( :mad:
!

Yes.....We will call them the "DREAM TEAM" ......(a nightmare actually)

best.

Tom
11-05-2008, 12:07 AM
This says it all.....

JustRalph
11-05-2008, 12:09 AM
I'm surprised none of the stations have called this yet?

They wait for the California polls to close............. standard operating procedure now............

LottaKash
11-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Doesn't really matter what they do . If its a failure Bush will get blaimed .

And well it should be....The Shameless SOB .....It will take generations , if ever, to undo all the Damage that has been done to this country and our economy, by this evil-doer....

And, I am in no-way a supporter of OsamaObama............

best.

dav4463
11-05-2008, 02:31 AM
He will probably denounce Israel, say he has become a Muslim, and join a terrorist organization.

Tampa Russ
11-05-2008, 04:50 AM
He will issue an executive order that will outlaw bowling.