PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Products: Wrought with Fraud and Danger

JustRalph
09-18-2008, 04:45 AM
This stuff scares the hell out of me sometimes. The Chinese could give a damn it seems.

Last year they killed our pets............this year they are killing Babies in their own country.............. with the same poison

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/09/18/china.tainted.formula/index.html

China: Fourth baby dies from tainted formula

BEIJING, China (CNN) -- Chinese officials in Xinjiang Province reported the death of a fourth baby Thursday in the country's expanding contaminated infant formula case. The tainted milk powder has already sickened more than 6,200 babies.

Earlier in the day, authorities announced the arrest of 12 more suspects in the investigation, provincial police said.

The arrests bring to 18 the number of people detained, according to the Hebei Public Security Bureau.

Twelve of those arrested are involved in the collection of milk and the production of milk products, authorities said. Authorities accuse the other six of illegally selling the chemical added to the milk.

More than 1,300 infants are hospitalized, said Li Changjiang, China's director of quarantine and inspection, on Wednesday. Their conditions include malnutrition, kidney stones and acute renal failure. Inspectors have been deployed across the country to test producers' inventories

Of China's 175 baby milk powder production companies, 66 have stopped production, Li said. Investigators are testing samples at the other companies.

Two brothers who sold fresh milk used to produce contaminated baby milk powder were arrested by Chinese investigators Monday. They could face death if convicted, according to China Daily, a state-run newspaper.

~more at the link~

Tom
09-18-2008, 07:47 AM
American companies importing any thing from China must held criminally responsible for this crap. It is their decision to import, THEY must be held accountable. As an American suppliers, I cannot compete with China not only because of the slave labor rates, but the fact that almost all regulations - safety, environmental, you name it - are completely ignored by China. WE should be forcing all imports to provide certifications for everything they buy. At their expense.

boxcar
09-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Hah, lighten up on those baby deaths. This is merely China's new way of implementing Population Control.

And I bet the ChiComs are heavy contributors to NoBam's campaign, since the messiah is the U.S. Champion of Infanticide. The ChiComs probably can't get those dollar signs out of their eyes.

Boxcar

ddog
09-18-2008, 01:32 PM
lighten up man, they are just trying to enter the main stream global market and are running a pretty much unregulated market there.

that's what everyone kept saying they wanted.

no regs, let 'er rip.
buyer beware.

say it ain't so.

a dog or two or a chinese baby dies and look at the outrage.

I wonder what the diff is to it's mother between a Chinese baby and an Iraqi or AFG baby???

We seem to have been ok, in the name of greater good to force "late term" abortions on those last two sets of mothers.
Got to figure they don't agree with that choice being taken out of their hands by us.

Hmmmmm.

RaceBookJoe
09-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Hah, lighten up on those baby deaths. This is merely China's new way of implementing Population Control.

And I bet the ChiComs are heavy contributors to NoBam's campaign, since the messiah is the U.S. Champion of Infanticide. The ChiComs probably can't get those dollar signs out of their eyes.

Boxcar

Population control is the perfect cure for any coming food shortages. Its just the beginning of a bunch of stuff that I think will hit the fan in the next decade. rbj

Tom
09-18-2008, 09:18 PM
China is not a fit nation to deal with. ALL trade with China should be terminated.

JustRalph
11-24-2009, 10:44 PM
Chinese Justice on Baby milk trials.........

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/11/24/china.milk.execution/index.html

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/11/24/china.milk.execution/t1larg.baby.afp.gi.jpg

Two executed in China over tainted milk
November 24, 2009 12:54 p.m. EST

(CNN) -- Two people were executed Tuesday in China for their part in a tainted milk scandal that killed at least six babies and sickened about 300,000 others, state-run media reported.
Zhang Yujun was executed for endangering public safety and Geng Jinping was executed for producing and selling toxic food, the Xinhua news agency said.
The tainted formula came to light in September 2008, after several babies fell ill from drinking formula that contained melamine. Melamine is commonly used in coatings and laminates, wood adhesives, fabric coatings, ceiling tiles and flame retardants. Some Chinese dairy plants added the chemical to milk products so they would appear to have a higher protein level.
The tainted milk caused kidney stones and urinary tract problems in hundreds of thousands of children.
The 22 Chinese dairy producers that made the formula have offered compensation to victims' families.

more at the link

Tom
11-25-2009, 11:07 AM
We should not do any trade at all with Chine - until they reach the status of civilized. They have centuries to go.

NO GOOD comes from dealing with China.