PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought

HUSKER55
09-17-2008, 04:02 PM
I see where the gov is going to bail out AIG to the tune of $85B. I was just wondering if there are any strings attached to these loans. I am sure they won't be the last.

For example, do they have to rehire the laid off workers, bring work back to the use, get smarter management and etc. or is this just a "here is the money" so the salaries of the CEO's are intact.

Does anyone know?

Thanks !

husker55

:)

ddog
09-17-2008, 04:11 PM
I see where the gov is going to bail out AIG to the tune of $85B. I was just wondering if there are any strings attached to these loans. I am sure they won't be the last.

For example, do they have to rehire the laid off workers, bring work back to the use, get smarter management and etc. or is this just a "here is the money" so the salaries of the CEO's are intact.

Does anyone know?

Thanks !

husker55

:)

the little i have seen indicates to me that upper mgmt is gone.
Fed will have some guys that will up or down on any major deals going forward.

We(FED) have "markers" for 80% of the company and once/if/when the company can sell off enough or become profitable enough the company has to redemm those chits ,etc. We(The Fed) could make money on the deal , but not in this lifetime I expect.

A company like this, no one would take it with or without the Fed backstop and these guys LOVE to play king of the world, so that SMELLS TO HIGH HEAVEN TO ME.

I expect like Mother and Lemon , once you see the inside of those books they are not worth 50 cents on the dollar even if you could unload them right now.

Also , my little birdy tells me the the King of BOFA didn't do him or that firm any favours on his king of the world tour.

Just a week or so before he trumpets that he doesn't want anything to do with IB ever again.

Oh really.

:faint:

Secretariat
09-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Let's make this clear. The taxpayer is bailing out AIG, and Fannie
Mae and Freddie Mac. All approved by GW and Treasury Secretary Paulsen.

And now the same John McSame who was all for deregulation is now touting himself as a reformer in favor of stricter regulation. If it wasn't so sad, it'd be laughable. I knew this was coming, but it is happening much faster than I imagined. I thought late 2009, but it is even happening before Bush is out of office. Looks like the freemarketers are now looking to government for bail out. We can't afford national healthcare, but we can bail out Wall Street insurance brokers. Interesting.

It will be an interesting week. Wait till earnings come in without any stimulus checks, and the huge layoffs from the financial sector from this.