PDA

View Full Version : history revisoinists

46zilzal
09-16-2008, 06:10 PM
I used to think these types were few and far between as many used to tell me (after living in my state for all of six months) all about California, but Now I have learned the following fantasies by much the same group.

1) BOTH the Iraq and Vietnam war were some how popularly supported by the majority of the population. Gee I must have missed that announcement.
2) Kennedy was responsible for the Vietnam war.....And here all the while all those years and all those newspaper stories that I read At the time pointed to Johnson and Nixon.
3) Clinton is responsible for this recession, opps! as stocks tumble and jobs continue to be lost, we CAN'T call it that either, but then again it is what it is.

I keep learning revised reality all the time here.

lsbets
09-16-2008, 06:17 PM
revisoinists

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good post eintstein!

46zilzal
09-16-2008, 06:26 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_revisionism
describes the process that attempts to rewrite history by minimizing, denying or simply ignoring essential facts. Perpetrators of such attempts to distort the historical record often use the term because it allows them to cloak their illegitimate activities with a phrase which has a legitimate meaning. llegitimate historical revisionists rely on a number of Illegitimate techniques to advance their views such as presenting as genuine documents which they know to be forged, inventing ingenious but implausible reasons for distrusting genuine documents, attribute their own conclusions to books and other sources that say the opposite, manipulating statistical series to support their views, and deliberately mistranslate foreign languages sources to support their views.

lsbets
09-16-2008, 06:40 PM
My post just sailed right over your head, didn't it? :faint:

Tom
09-16-2008, 10:54 PM
I got it! :lol::lol:

DJofSD
09-16-2008, 11:05 PM
My post just sailed right over your head, didn't it? :faint:
:lol: :D

JustRalph
09-17-2008, 01:06 AM