PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Pelosi is a putz.

DJofSD
09-15-2008, 10:51 PM
I just watched an interview of the Speaker of the House on CNBC where she said the current crisis in the market is strictly due to the Bush administrations failure to regulate the mortgage back securities. What a putz. She needs to review some history as to what party was in control of Congress when it was approved and who was the president when the law was signed.

Oh ya, and Charlie Rangal might step aside as the chairman of his committee? Talk about bad timing.

If this was a shoting war, the democrats would be pissing their pants.

NJ Stinks
09-16-2008, 12:30 AM
Don't let the facts get in your way, DJofSD. If Dems controlled Congress under Clinton, Monica would not be a household name.

Republicans have their hands all over bank de-regulation going back to Reagan.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/wallstreet/weill/demise.html

JustRalph
09-16-2008, 12:42 AM
De Regulation didn't cause this............bad actors did. Bad managers and such. if they broke the law, they should be prosecuted. I am sure this stuff will be taking up the time of U.S. Attorneys for the next five years.

Manage a business bad enough, it fails. Just like the local pizza shop. This is no different except the scale is larger. It will take its toll and things will move on. If people go to jail, good!

bigmack
09-16-2008, 02:00 AM
the current crisis in the market is strictly due to the Bush administrations failure to regulate the mortgage back securities.
Ain't no way to convince some people that any bad news is not the fault of Bush & repubs. They don't know where legislation comes from let alone who did what. Take NJReeks for example.

Follow this beautiful trail as shown in the following video.

Financial "black hole" to Bush.
Bush to McCain.
McCain to Graham.
McCain to Presidency.
Graham to Treasury Sec.
U.S. to depression.

It's a tidy story. I'm thinking of voting 4 Obama; I'm so ascared.

QiE9eFnzoEI

Tom
09-16-2008, 07:35 AM
Congress had a major hand in this. And bad managing by CEO's, who were major contirbutors to dems, like UpChuck Schummer, Dodd, Frank......Greenspan dropped the ball big time.

Bush had is share of blame, but to lay it on him alone is just pure ignorance.
The entire government and banking indistry let us down. There shold be stiff jail time for many of these so called bankers - in real prisons.

Part of the problem here is that Bush - Bad mindset that blinds far to many people - many of them here at AP - to the real world.

Show Me the Wire
09-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Don't let the facts get in your way, DJofSD. If Dems controlled Congress under Clinton, Monica would not be a household name.

Republicans have their hands all over bank de-regulation going back to Reagan.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/wallstreet/weill/demise.html

Yes don't let the facts get into the way. 5 years ago the Bush administration realized there was a problem in the mortgage market and the Dems led by Barney Frank kept wearing their blinkers. see the following NYT article http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E06E3D6123BF932A2575AC0A9659C8B 63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=print

Tom
09-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Wearing their blinkers and opening their pockets for those bribes.
Dems made a lot of money at the expense of our economy. And now Upchuck Charlie Rangle, a community organizer, is coming to light as the thief he is.

When will this culture of dem corruption end??????

witchdoctor
09-16-2008, 01:19 PM
When will this culture of dem corruption end??????

Unfortunately, corruption is a bipartisan problem.

Tom
09-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Yes, but mostly among the elected thieves. The civilian dems and repubs differ widely here. Dems can't seem to acknowledge anything beyond Bush=Bad. Repubs have been very vocal about cleaning house and not putting up with it. The whole government's broken, beyond repair, IMHO, and it is our right and our duty to replace it, top to bottom. DC is a cancer, and it is time to cut.

The problem is that this blind thinking leads to more and more corruption. They think a repub scandal means people vote dem. Nuh-uh. No way. WE have to take a stand against ALL corruption. Most dems just cannot see this.

Next time, though, I hope we are bit more selective in just what hell holes we allow to be states. I can think of 10 right now we do not need. I call them the anchor states.:rolleyes::lol:

DJofSD
09-16-2008, 02:40 PM
Yes, but mostly among the elected thieves. The civilian dems and repubs differ widely here. Dems can't seem to acknowledge anything beyond Bush=Bad. Repubs have been very vocal about cleaning house and not putting up with it. The whole government's broken, beyond repair, IMHO, and it is our right and our duty to replace it, top to bottom. DC is a cancer, and it is time to cut.

The problem is that this blind thinking leads to more and more corruption. They think a repub scandal means people vote dem. Nuh-uh. No way. WE have to take a stand against ALL corruption. Most dems just cannot see this.

Next time, though, I hope we are bit more selective in just what hell holes we allow to be states. I can think of 10 right now we do not need. I call them the anchor states.:rolleyes::lol:OK, where does the line form for the march against DC and what weapons are we bringing?

Are you including California in your list of anchor states? If so, you guys get to keep DC; we'll come up with our own version of corruption, incompetence, self-serving waste pit of politicians -- oops, we already have that, Sacramento, home of the state legislator that can not pass a state budget on time. Right now they're about, oh, 90 days overdue. :mad:

JustRalph
09-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Unfortunately, corruption is a bipartisan problem.

Truth Out!

46zilzal
09-16-2008, 03:12 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/news/business/greenspans-memoirs-clinton-saved-bush-spent/2007/09/17/1189881433621.html

DJofSD
09-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Nice try zz -- you're off topic.

Tom
09-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Actually, the seeds of the financial crisis started during Clinton's reign of hummers.

DJofSD
09-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Actually, the seeds of the financial crisis started during Clinton's reign of hummers.I'm sorry, I can't remember how that song goes, can you hum a few bars for me?

ddog
09-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Yes don't let the facts get into the way. 5 years ago the Bush administration realized there was a problem in the mortgage market and the Dems led by Barney Frank kept wearing their blinkers. see the following NYT article http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9E06E3D6123BF932A2575AC0A9659C8B 63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=print

FACTS!!! FACTS!!

Did tyou even bother to read the story?

Did you notice that the guts of the changes were oppossed by a certain group that has every pol in it's pocket and is a huge contrib to all the slimes??

If 'they" didn't want it and 'they" cleary didn't , then it was not getting passed.

check out the fact at this link, seems they are not happy with anyone no days! :lol:
http://www.housingwire.com/2008/02/13/nahb-suspends-political-contributions-over-housing-discontent/

ddog
09-16-2008, 10:25 PM
i would vote for cutting out New York and California , that gets rid of most of the weird riff raff on both ends right there.

witchdoctor
09-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Difference between Democrats and Republicans

Dems(2006)

Significant details must still be worked out before Congress can approve a bill. Among the groups denouncing the proposal today were the National Association of Home Builders and Congressional Democrats who fear that tighter regulation of the companies could sharply reduce their commitment to financing low-income and affordable housing.
''These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis,'' said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ''The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.''

Representative Melvin L. Watt, Democrat of North Carolina, agreed.

''I don't see much other than a shell game going on here, moving something from one agency to another and in the process weakening the bargaining power of poorer families and their ability to get affordable housing,'' Mr. Watt said.

Repub(2006)
I join as a cosponsor of the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005, S. 190, to underscore my support for quick passage of GSE regulatory reform legislation. If Congress does not act, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system, and the economy as a whole.
I urge my colleagues to support swift action on this GSE reform legislation

John McCain (May 25, 2006)

Tom
09-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Funny how they forget that. the dems reek with responsibility for this crisis. this is why we must ALWAYS vote no dems. JUST SAY NO.

DJofSD
09-16-2008, 11:21 PM
i would vote for cutting out New York and California , that gets rid of most of the weird riff raff on both ends right there.
"Hey, left ball."

"Ya right ball?"

"Who's the dick in the middle?"

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2008, 05:06 AM
FACTS!!! FACTS!!

Did tyou even bother to read the story?It's good to have you back ddog. Seems you only show up during the trying times....

Nevertheless, welcome back...I was starting to actually miss you....