PDA

View Full Version : any Rush listeners?

ArlJim78
09-15-2008, 01:19 PM
i just have to know if anyone else has been catching this bit that Rush has been doing last week or so, where he plays the rimshots on top of Bidens stump speeches?

i swear every time he does it i'm doubled over with laughter.

after every line that Biden delivers, they hit the rimshot, and it makes it sound like a comedy routine, which it is.

funny stuff:lol:

Tom
09-15-2008, 01:51 PM
God love ya, Jim....what am I talking about! You're making us all stand up. ba dum

:lol::lol::lol:

Miss Disco
09-15-2008, 02:03 PM
His humor is so entertaining! I remember one show when he extolled that he was changing and would support Bill Clinton for prez...the listeners were going nuts--he went on like this for all 3 hours-
nobody caught the fact it was April Fools Day... :lol:

ArlJim78
09-15-2008, 02:47 PM
there is just something about that Biden stuff, "Ba Dum-ting", that has me rolling on the floor. i can hear that every day. something about Bidens style that fits very well on the comedy circuit.

"Go ahead and stand up Chuck. Oh! what am I talking about" <ba-dum-ting>

Tom
09-15-2008, 03:12 PM
3:10 pm........ROTFLMAO over the B-B-Biden rim shots live!:lol:

ArlJim78
09-15-2008, 03:19 PM
i just picked up a west coast stream so I can hear it again.:lol:

oddsmaven
09-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Can't tune in during the day...glad to hear that the bilge coming forth is accompanied with humor...haven't seen the fellow since his short-lived efforts on the nfl show.

ArlJim78
09-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Obama "If we're going to have a contest to see who is promulgating these negative ads, I think i win that contest hands down". <Ba-dum-ting!>

toetoe
09-15-2008, 04:14 PM
JBid's style lends itself to spoofery.

Harry Shearer once did a bit with Hatch saying "GUNS" and Biden saying "PORK," and the way he edited it was hilarious. It came out like a digitized, deconstructed and reassembled rap/punk/pop number, and Toeguy will try to render it herewith:

(With syncopation, of course) Hatch says "P .. ORK, p .. ork, porkporkpork," to which Biden replies, "G .. UNS, g .. uns, gunsgunsguns."

Okay, as excruciating as that must be to attempt to bejuberate, it's worse on this end.

RaceBookJoe
09-15-2008, 04:26 PM
I was actually hoping this was about the band Rush. But I love the rush rimshots haha.

wonatthewire1
09-15-2008, 05:17 PM
i just have to know if anyone else has been catching this bit that Rush has been doing last week or so, where he plays the rimshots on top of Bidens stump speeches?

i swear every time he does it i'm doubled over with laughter.

after every line that Biden delivers, they hit the rimshot, and it makes it sound like a comedy routine, which it is.

funny stuff:lol:

I haven't heard those yet - I'll have to tune in

Has he been playing the "flushing toilet" sound? You know, the one where the banking system and all his investments hit the pipe at the same time - its a literal tsunami in there today!

Oh well, GWB is on his way out, no need for concern.

;)

WeirdWilly
09-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Fly By Night, Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio, Working Man - wonderful tuneage! And how many drummers can come close to Neal Pert on the skins?

Ooops...wrong Rush! Please disregard!

richrosa
09-15-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm a subscriber. I listen every day. I get the Letter every month which is worth the price of a subscription, hands down. Plus, on the subscriber feed, they play all the parodies instead of the commercials.

Rookies
09-15-2008, 07:42 PM
I give up the "flushed Oxy-Cotin Mega Dildos" to this yahoo every day, under the rubric:

"Know thine enemy "

Although I acknowledge his grand efforts as an entertainer, I think kudos to long ago Spiro's wisdom are in play here:

" A nattering nabob of negativism. "

mostpost
09-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Fly By Night, Tom Sawyer, The Spirit of Radio, Working Man - wonderful tuneage! And how many drummers can come close to Neal Pert on the skins?

Ooops...wrong Rush! Please disregard!

You're the first one on this thread to make any sense. Stop it! Stop it now!

barn32
09-15-2008, 09:37 PM
Rush is fat.

boxcar
09-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Rush is fat.

And Barn32 is stupid.

Boxcar

dav4463
09-16-2008, 12:26 AM
I like Rush. I think it's funny how those that constantly put him down and say they hate him have never actually listened to his show.

NJ Stinks
09-16-2008, 12:36 AM
I like Rush. I think it's funny how those that constantly put him down and say they hate him have never actually listened to his show.

Can I put my hand up? I think Rush is a selfish SOB who could care less about all of you - his loyal listeners. It's all about money - his not yours.

I listen to hear Rush bash Obama. If he's got nothing that day except something like Biden asking a man in a wheel chair stand up, I know Obama's having a great day! :lol:

JustRalph
09-16-2008, 12:43 AM
I haven't heard those yet - I'll have to tune in

Has he been playing the "flushing toilet" sound? You know, the one where the banking system and all his investments hit the pipe at the same time - its a literal tsunami in there today!

Oh well, GWB is on his way out, no need for concern.

;)

your investments are only being hit if you don't manage your money right. Diversification is everything............... stop whining.............

RaceBookJoe
09-16-2008, 01:02 AM
your investments are only being hit if you don't manage your money right. Diversification is everything............... stop whining.............

Yep, you need good money management, and make sure you diversify in the proper areas, otherwise it may not offer the protection that people are looking for. rbj

JustRalph
09-16-2008, 01:54 AM
They were playing Rush's theme song on the Sunday Night Football game. He was in the booth with Madden and Michaels. although he was off camera.

They did it as a salute to Rush.............I bet Keith Olbermann had a friggin fit!

bigmack
09-16-2008, 02:17 AM
Biden is a perfect cat to pimp. His material is rich.

Anyone who can't see the gorgeousness of the line, Stand up for Chuck under those circumstances is a fool.

One line he threw out today struck me as a perfect epitome of the difference between a Dem & a Repub.

ATg-4Qkz7TM

Tom
09-16-2008, 07:47 AM

You notice they always attack Rush, but none have been able to attack his message? Interesting. Much like Fox. No wonder O'Bama has so many followers - empty suits following an empty suit. :lol:

hcap
09-16-2008, 07:58 AM
Rush is fat.
Here are some of his listeners. Taking a break from his incisive commentary.
Go Rush!

http://www.bartcop.com/mccain-sleep-inducing.jpg

ArlJim78
09-16-2008, 08:18 AM
Uh, Uh, Chuck Graham, state senator is here. Stand up, Chuck. Let 'em see you. (rimshot) Oh. God love you. What am I talking about? (rimshot) I tell you what, you're making everybody else stand up, though, pal. (rimshot)

ArlJim78
09-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Hillary Clinton is as qualified or more qualified than I am to be vice president of the United States of America. (rimshot) Let's get that straight. (rimshot) She's a truly close personal friend. (rimshot) She is qualified to be president of the United States of America. She's easily qualified to be vice president of the United States of America, and, quite frankly, might have been a better pick than me. But she's first rate. (rimshot)

Tom
09-16-2008, 09:05 AM
I think rimshots should be mandatory in all political speeches!:lol:

NJ Stinks
09-16-2008, 10:40 AM
You notice they always attack Rush, but none have been able to attack his message? Interesting. Much like Fox. No wonder O'Bama has so many followers - empty suits following an empty suit. :lol:

What message? You mean the one that says God loves conservatives the most but doesn't care if you lift a finger to help anyone else? Unless it's a necessary tax deduction, of course.

Or the message that says I've got my health insurance covered. If you don't, too bad.

Or the one that says I don't care if we are fighting a war on two continents. I want my tax breaks and I want it now.

Or the one that says I support our troops but I am not paying a dime more than I have to after they have fought for me.

Here's a message for Rush fans everywhere:

When just about everyone in the world thinks you are dead wrong except Rupert Murdoch, a prudent person might think twice about the message. :ThmbDown:

hcap
09-16-2008, 10:46 AM
http://www.bartcop.com/mccain-sleep-inducing.jpg

I see that Rush is energizing the crowd. Probably doing a Michael J fox imitation.

Hey Tom and ArlJim78, are you guys in the second or third row back?

richrosa
09-16-2008, 10:48 AM
What message? You mean the one that says God loves conservatives the most but doesn't care if you lift a finger to help anyone else? Unless it's a necessary tax deduction, of course.

Or the message that says I've got my health insurance covered. If you don't, too bad.

Or the one that says I don't care if we are fighting a war on two continents. I want my tax breaks and I want it now.

Or the one that says I support our troops but I am not paying a dime more than I have to after they have fought for me.

When just about everyone in the world thinks you are dead wrong except Rupert Murdoch, a prudent person might think twice about the message. :ThmbDown:

PM me. I'll give you $20. Do you want some vCash too?

lsbets
09-16-2008, 10:50 AM
NJ - wasn't Rush just listed among the 10 most generous celebrities? How would you reconcile that with your selfish SOB comment? Can you explain that, I'm not getting it. Thanks.

Tom
09-16-2008, 10:53 AM
NJ, thank you for making my point. Your cluelessness speaks volumes.
hcap, consistency is always appreciated.. Thank you for being out in left field once again.

I guess it's hard to attack the message when you don't have a clue what it is.
Just pound your chest and scream.

I think with Rush's audience, we aren't going anywhere soon. Do you libs deny EVERYTHING? :lol::lol::lol:

ls, yes and compare him to that rag Dingy Harry, who failed to cough up a penny when challenged, even with all the graft he gets under the table from bribery.

NJ Stinks
09-16-2008, 11:41 AM
PM me. I'll give you $20. Do you want some vCash too?

Nah. Just give me a winner at the track sometime. :)

NJ Stinks
09-16-2008, 11:44 AM
NJ - wasn't Rush just listed among the 10 most generous celebrities? How would you reconcile that with your selfish SOB comment? Can you explain that, I'm not getting it. Thanks.

Rush strikes me like the kind of guy who's giving zip unless it's for tax purposes. (As in tax deductible.)

Or does he come across as generous to you on the radio? :lol:

richrosa
09-16-2008, 11:47 AM
Rush strikes me like the kind of guy who's giving zip unless it's for tax purposes. (As in tax deductible.)

Or does he come across as generous to you on the radio? :lol:

Obviously, you have no frame of reference. Rush raises millions every year for Children's Leukemia on his telethon, and within the last 18 months have over $2 million dollars to a group supporting wounded soldiers families.

If being in the top 10 isn't good enough, please tell me when one of the celebrated liberals have given as much to good causes as Rush.

Tom
09-16-2008, 11:55 AM
And who is close to him in audience. What a clod - the gives millions and you try to spin him a bad guy for it. You just a one way ticket to IGGYLAND, for gross irrelevance. :ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

JustRalph
09-16-2008, 01:43 PM

you actually believe this shit, and that's why you are out of touch.

Apparently the "whole world" doesn't think he is wrong since he has had the biggest radio show in the world for 20 years. I don't agree with everything he says, and rarely get to listen anymore. I do read his website. But to imply that he has no following is stupid. The man has the most successful radio show in American history. He has more listeners in a day than all of air america in a week. To your points:

Health care is earned, it is not a right. Just like anything else in this world. BTW, just so you know. Nobody in this country is denied basic health care. Far from it. Hospitals go in the red every day treating people who are unable to pay. What you want is "free health care" Handouts as usual.

Conservatives don't mind paying for the military, in fact they mostly encourage growth in the military. But when you are paying for a thousand losing programs pushed by Dems, there is a breaking point. 10 percent of the highest income earners in the country pay 90% of taxes. It is a disgrace.

You don't think conservatives lift a hand to help anyone? I don't know the veracity, but Try this book:

http://www.beliefnet.com/story/204/story_20419_1.html

Here is george will on the same book

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/03/conservatives_more_liberal_giv.html

I don't know if this professor is full of shit or not, but if you made the same statement with an ethnic twist you would be called a racist or worse.

Why don't you try that? Look up Hispanics or Blacks and Eskimo charity givers......... you can't do that because you just popped your mouth off. You don't know. But if you accused any ethnic group of the same thing, you would be scorned. But you can take a shot at conservatives and nobody cares. Whether it is through a thread on Rush here on Pace or some other way. You are out of touch. You know not what you speak of.

Have you ever lived anywhere besides Jersey? Do you travel our country? Or do you just believe what you see on Msnbc every night? How about CNN? Is that your view of our country?

NJ Stinks
09-16-2008, 06:32 PM
you actually believe this shit, and that's why you are out of touch.

Health care is earned, it is not a right.

JustRalph, I'll skip most of the garbage in your last post. Lets just say I'm happy to live in Jersey and I wish Ohio and other red states were in their own country instead of mine. Life would be less of a headache for both of us.

Do you know anything at all about Medicare? Do you know what you have to do to qualify for Medicare? Do earnings have anything to do with qualifying for Medicare?

When you tell me health care is earned, we're done. Better you should tell this to all your relatives over 65 who rely on Medicare. Especially the females who were stay at home Moms and never had a paying career.

In short, your ideas about health care and the notion that people without means beg hospitals for health care makes me sick.

Can't be any clearer than that, JustRalph.

46zilzal
09-16-2008, 06:35 PM
In short, your ideas about health care and the notion that people without means beg hospitals for health care makes me sick.

The same morons who claim to be Christians hang on to the same belief: I've got mine, screw everyone else. That is not what I learned in church nor in all the clinics I worked in either.

richrosa
09-16-2008, 06:38 PM
The same morons who claim to be Christians hang on to the same belief: I've got mine, screw everyone else. That is not what I learned in church nor in all the clinics I worked in either.

Please enlighten us about the "great" Canadian health care experiment.

lsbets
09-16-2008, 06:44 PM

And what does your post have to do with Ralph? I can't recall him ever making any claims about belonging to any particular religion. Could you please point me to those claims of his? Unless of course you are out there in your own universe again.

wonatthewire1
09-16-2008, 06:48 PM
JustRalph, I'll skip most of the garbage in your last post. Lets just say I'm happy to live in Jersey and I wish Ohio and other red states were in their own country instead of mine. Life would be less of a headache for both of us.

Hey stinky, how's Sharpe James doing these days?

:faint:

NJ Stinks
09-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Hey stinky, how's Sharpe James doing these days?

:faint:

I live in South Jersey near Cherry Hill, wonatthewire. I had to google this guy.

What does Sharpe James have to do with anything we are discussing here? :confused:

dav4463
09-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Obviously, you have no frame of reference. Rush raises millions every year for Children's Leukemia on his telethon, and within the last 18 months have over $2 million dollars to a group supporting wounded soldiers families.

If being in the top 10 isn't good enough, please tell me when one of the celebrated liberals have given as much to good causes as Rush.

This is true. Rush does more than his share. I'm sure he does a lot of giving anonymously as well. Just because he is Republican; some people hate him.

He remembers what it was like before he became rich and famous. He worked for everything he has today. It wasn't given to him.

JustRalph
09-17-2008, 01:30 AM
NJ, Health care is a goods and services proposition.

You cannot have a "right" to goods and services.

Government taking a tax to provide socialized medicine is tantamount to theft

Goods and services are not guaranteed to citizens.

I never said a thing about begging hospitals for health care.

I believe there is such a thing as a deserving poor. But I do not believe that health care is a right. Health care can be earned in several ways including health savings accounts and other options. But a Government run Health care system is doomed. You want to give it away.

Your suggestion on NJ being its own country is fine with me. Red States and Blue States as different countries would be a great experiment.

46, as usual you stick your nose into a thread just to try and take a shot at me. LS brings up a valid point, of which you once again cannot answer.

46, Why you are still here perplexes me more every day.

barn32
09-17-2008, 02:47 AM
This is true. Rush does more than his share. I'm sure he does a lot of giving anonymously as well. Just because he is Republican; some people hate him.

Wow, people hate other people just because of their party affiliation. I never would have guessed that. Please, do me a favor, and don't tell this to Boxcar.

barn32
09-17-2008, 02:49 AM
But a Government run Health care system is doomed.

I used to believe that, but I'm not so sure anymore.

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2008, 05:16 AM
Can I put my hand up? I think Rush is a selfish SOB who could care less about all of you - his loyal listeners. It's all about money - his not yours.Like all the rest of Hollywood. Hell, you should adore the man!

After all, RUSH=HOLLYWOOD and HOLLYWOOD=OBAMA

JustRalph
09-17-2008, 05:22 PM
I used to believe that, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Dig a little deeper......... it clears up............

wonatthewire1
09-17-2008, 05:27 PM
NJ, Health care is a goods and services proposition.

You cannot have a "right" to goods and services.

Government taking a tax to provide socialized medicine is tantamount to theft

Goods and services are not guaranteed to citizens.

I never said a thing about begging hospitals for health care.

I believe there is such a thing as a deserving poor. But I do not believe that health care is a right. Health care can be earned in several ways including health savings accounts and other options. But a Government run Health care system is doomed. You want to give it away.

Your suggestion on NJ being its own country is fine with me. Red States and Blue States as different countries would be a great experiment.

46, as usual you stick your nose into a thread just to try and take a shot at me. LS brings up a valid point, of which you once again cannot answer.

46, Why you are still here perplexes me more every day.

Govt mandates that it is a right - if the institution takes federal money (Medicare/Medicaid) then the patient must be treated.

In some parts of the country, hospitals are closing their doors because they can't afford to continue to foot the bill for the uninsured. So the system collapses on itself - if enough institutions close, then you'll be waiting in line anyway...but that could be a long way off yet - or maybe not...

Either way it is sliced, it is getting messier by the day

Tom
09-17-2008, 08:17 PM

You know something? Far more people on this planet believe in a God than do not. Always have. You are by far the minority. People's faith and religion have carried them through hard times, given them strength, a moral road map to live by. People have done far more good as a result of their faith than out their hate. And then you find it necessary to insult them for thier beliefs for no reason othet than you are miserable person - a snivelling coward. You are without a doubt the biggest waste of skin I have ever seen anywhere. Do you feel like a big tough man now, Dr Demento? You, 46, have not one ounce of class. Pigs with lipstick are most sophisticated than you will ever be.

JustRalph
09-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Govt mandates that it is a right - if the institution takes federal money (Medicare/Medicaid) then the patient must be treated.

In some parts of the country, hospitals are closing their doors because they can't afford to continue to foot the bill for the uninsured. So the system collapses on itself - if enough institutions close, then you'll be waiting in line anyway...but that could be a long way off yet - or maybe not...

Either way it is sliced, it is getting messier by the day

Govt. does not mandate it as a right. Where the hell do you get that from?

Take out the Illegal Aliens and no hospital in the country closes..........that is a fact.........Ask Schwarzenegger..........his state has seen the most Hospital Closings (mostly E.R. Services) and it is due to Illeg. Aliens.

Tom Barrister
09-18-2008, 12:40 PM
You know something, you ignorant little bastard? Far more people on this planet believe in a God than do not. Always have. You are by far the minority. People's faith and religion have carried them through hard times, given them strength, a moral road map to live by. People have done far more good as a result of their faith than out their hate. And then you find it necessary to insult them for thier beliefs for no reason othet than you are miserable little POS of person - a snivelling coward. You are without a doubt the biggest waste of skin I have ever seen anywhere. Do you feel like a big tough man now, Dr Demento? You, 46, have not one ounce of class. Pigs with lipstick are most sophisticated than you will ever be. Please, ESAD.

Could you clarify your position, please?

Tom
09-18-2008, 12:44 PM
;)

46zilzal
09-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Since the majority of the moaners have NEVER gone through the heart wrenching and financial ruinous dregs of a terminal illness in their loved ones, it is easy to point the finger and call pubic health care theft.

Come into the cancer clinic sometime where REAL LIFE happens and bull shit them.....and it the same moronic bastards who claim to be good little Christians who are often out on the forefront of this belief.

boxcar
09-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Since the majority of the moaners have NEVER gone through the heart wrenching and financial ruinous dregs of a terminal illness in their loved ones, it is easy to point the finger and call pubic health care theft.

Come into the cancer clinic sometime where REAL LIFE happens and bull shit them.....and it the same moronic bastards who claim to be good little Christians who are often out on the forefront of this belief.

Well heck, Zilly, we "good little Christians" are just giving all the compassionate, caring, generous Humanists out there the golden opportunity to step up to the plate and fill the void and take care of this little problem. Just look at the chest-pounding opportunity we're giving you folks.

Boxcar

JustRalph
09-18-2008, 04:52 PM

Some of us have. Don't presume to speak for others life experiences.

46zilzal
09-18-2008, 04:55 PM
[QUOTE=JustRalph]

[QUOTE]
WHat an ego!. I think more about relieving myself than anything related to you

lsbets
09-18-2008, 05:00 PM
[QUOTE=JustRalph]

[QUOTE]
WHat an ego!. I think more about relieving myself than anything related to you

Psst, looneytunes - post 40 of yours, which I replied to, was an add on to a post from NJ that singled Ralph out by name. Your reply certainly came across as directed at Ralph. I find it hard to believe that a man of your self stated incredibly high intelligence did not see Ralph mentioned by name in the quote you used to begin your post.

46zilzal
09-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Having been an active participant IN HEALTH CARE, right there were it happens day to day, I am more than qualified to have an informed opinion.

We are so lucky here to be covered for all the care (however badly the politicos try and erode it as our premier thinks more about building cement islands in the roads than opening more hospital beds: we now have many wards where men and women are now shuffled into the same rooms).

It is the moral thing to do, and the true evaluation of a society, is in the way it cares for the sick, the aged and the young. This BULLSHIT about not expanding care in this day and age is outrageous as many of the doctors still stuggling are having to be creative to have the basic needs of the patients met. I am fortunate to have the same family doctor now for over 30 years and he has to add large creative aspects to the wording of tests and exams in order for them to be covered. He is an OLD SCHOOL practitioner who listens, makes you part of the treatment plan and is open to alternatives when required. An ounce of prevention (the real goal of health care) is worth thousands of dollars of cure as it always has been.

But keep up the "Ive got mine, screw the rest" is the prevailing attitude that I saw right after graduating and luckily escaped it.

46zilzal
09-18-2008, 06:29 PM
You know something, you ignorant little bastard? Far more people on this planet believe in a God than do not. Always have. You are by far the minority. People's faith and religion have carried them through hard times, given them strength, a moral road map to live by. People have done far more good as a result of their faith than out their hate. And then you find it necessary to insult them for thier beliefs for no reason othet than you are miserable little POS of person - a snivelling coward. You are without a doubt the biggest waste of skin I have ever seen anywhere. Do you feel like a big tough man now, Dr Demento? You, 46, have not one ounce of class. Pigs with lipstick are most sophisticated than you will ever be. Please, ESAD.
those good little Christians..

When I was a resident we were all required to participate in a community outreach project following up on care from the hospital clinics. These were patients who had a hardship in getting to the hospital so we visited them in their homes. It was always good for some conversation and a cup of coffee. I went out during the first weeks of that Summer of 1977 (we had to wear hospital uniforms then) and after finding the address of this patient (a 75 year old blind diabetic lady), I got out of the car to get my bag and was surrounded by an angry mob yelling that I was a baby killer all the while these clowns were holding up crosses and quoting scripture. Seems I had gone down a road where a private family planning clinic was located and as several of the idiots scratched the paint on my car, I had to wade through them to get to the door of this house while I was being threatened with violence.

Funny thing is that the morons still couldn't figure it out after I left and never once set foot in the direction of this clinic where one of them shot a doctor later that year. Good Christian folk all of them!!!

bigmack
09-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Funny thing is that the morons still couldn't figure it out after I left and never once set foot in the direction of this clinic where one of them shot a doctor later that year. Good Christian folk all of them!!!
Fascinating story. So, because you had a bad experience with religious "right to life" zealots, ALL Chrstians are morons and fools?

Sounds like your type of thinking.

Release the hate.

46zilzal
09-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Fascinating story. So, because you had a bad experience with with religious "right to life" zealots, ALL Chrstians are morons and fools?
ONE example amongst hundreds.

I can tell you about my grandmothers funeral in River View Alabama (now called Valley). My grandmother LIVED her religion and was truly color blind as she arranged work for many in the black community, clothing drives, food drives etc. She had a huge garden behind the house and she allowed many of the poor in the area free access to the produce. ALL I HAD TO SAY IN THAT TOWN was I am Ms. Alma's grand son and doors would open. I used to sing over at the black Baptist church and they allowed me to be the bat boy at the black league baseball games.

When she died, several hundred in the black community wanted to pay their respects to this wonderful woman and WERE NOT ALLOWED INSIDE THE ALL WHITE CHURCH. I can still hear my mother screaming about that one.

Example after example of these hypocrites painted a strong picture in my head.

JustRalph
09-18-2008, 08:34 PM
Interesting Debate on Government run healthcare

I would point you to page 45 the info on Canadian Health care

http://intelligencesquaredus.org/TranscriptContainer/HealthCoverage091608_v2.pdf

PAUL KRUGMAN
—and I wanted to ask, actually two questions, to the audience.
First, how many Canadians, would Canadians in the room please
raise your hands. [ONE PERSON APPLAUDS, LAUGHTER]

JOHN DONVAN
We have about seven hands going up—

PAUL KRUGMAN
Okay, not as many as I thought. Okay, of those of you who are
not on the panel who are Canadians,, how many of you think you
have a terrible health care system. [PAUSE] One, two—

JOHN DONVAN
We see—almost all of the same hands going up. [LAUGHTER]

Tom
09-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Christians are morons, cops are thugs, soldiers are mindless.....you do nothing but insult everyone - groups, individuals, anyone who doesn't agree with you or has kicked the snot out of you at some point. You are a sick twisted little worm with no redeeming qualities who sees the world through his ass, where your head is.

You opinion on health care is no more qualified than anyone else's - you think being a doctor, or an alleged doctor ( I don't believe you ever were). You think being a doctor gives anyone special status - guess again, Demento. The only opinoins that count are from the people footing the bills. Your last few posts show what a lowlife your really are.

46zilzal
09-18-2008, 11:36 PM
We had a very good minister when I was growing up. He went out into the community and with his good works gradually increased the congregation, BUT (and this is a real laugher) he increased the number of those pesky Mexicans too!!

This coming from Southern California where the ethnic make up of most cities is well above 30% from that heritage.

ONE family in the church (they owned, at the time, a large chain of markets called Alpha Beta, Mr. and Mrs. P.G.) was very wealthy and really did not like all of "then" coming into the church. After an emergency meeting of the elders and business people in the congregation, we found out that they were going to pull their financial support if things did not change (several people, myself and family included, left over that bigoted position) and the very active, good natured minister was fired. THEY went out and found a septogenarian Bible thumper and within 6 months hardly any of the new people remained in attendance.

These GOOD Christian people set yet another example to me of being total hypocrites.........

46zilzal
09-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Stayed the summer of my 14th year in New York and every Sunday we were carted into Catholic services. I just went through the motions as we were driven there by a friend of the family (a lady) who would often cart all of us around.

One day as this same lady was driving us to the market, she slowed the car down and yelled out to a young boy ( about 6 or 7) playing in his front yard hollering "Jew baby" repeatedly to the child until he ran in the house. At the time I had no idea what she meant or was doing until it was explained to me later.

Another good example of the good old Christians among us.

The kid was Jewish...so what?

Yet another great example of these idiots

RaceBookJoe
09-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Just because there are lot of hypocrites doesnt mean the religion is bad. Just finished reading a book on how much Jewish blood was spilled in the name of Jesus, shows that followers are not always real followers. I think a have read a story or two about doctors mis-diagnosing patients, or prescribing the wrong drugs or dosage, or operating room errors...doesnt make doctors in general bad.

ArlJim78
09-19-2008, 01:09 AM
Rush rips BHO a new one for sleazy ad.

"I understand the rough and tumble of politics. But Barack Obama -- the supposedly postpartisan, postracial candidate of hope and change -- has gone where few modern candidates have gone before.

Mr. Obama's campaign is now trafficking in prejudice of its own making. And in doing so, it is playing with political dynamite. What kind of potential president would let his campaign knowingly extract two incomplete, out-of-context lines from two radio parodies and build a framework of hate around them in order to exploit racial tensions? The segregationists of the 1950s and 1960s were famous for such vile fear-mongering."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122178554189155003.html

barn32
09-19-2008, 07:49 AM
Stayed the summer of my 14th year in New York and every Sunday we were carted into Catholic services. I just went through the motions as we were driven there by a friend of the family (a lady) who would often cart all of us around.

One day as this same lady was driving us to the market, she slowed the car down and yelled out to a young boy ( about 6 or 7) playing in his front yard hollering "Jew baby" repeatedly to the child until he ran in the house. At the time I had no idea what she meant or was doing until it was explained to me later.

Another good example of the good old Christians among us.

The kid was Jewish...so what?

Red Herring.

Yet another great example of these idiots

Red Herring.