PDA

View Full Version : Close Call/Near Death

bigmack
09-14-2008, 11:17 PM
I think I’ve figured out what pulled me through the few I’ve had. Or, what came over me. Calm.

1. Steep downhill mountain grade, Montana, dead of night, heavy snowfall, 18-wheels passed kicking up such a white out I’m sightless for all of a 30 seconds. Initial shock turned to calm. Felt the road with my hands. Lived to see another porterhouse.
2. Surfing, Hawaii, engulfed by wave and thrown under for what seemed like forever. 4 more waves proceeded to do the same. Closest call I’ve had. I had to surrender to Mama Nature. Calm saved me or came over me.
3. Cliff gave way in Brazil, dropped 50 feet. Most thought I was dead. Dislocated shoulder. After 25 feet, a reserved calm.

I get it. Rigidness kills.

HUSKER55
09-14-2008, 11:45 PM
I have experience that Montana snow storms and I can tell you this,..the odds are 100% that I will never do that again unless I take an overdose of my meds.

Feel free to mortgage your house on that wager. I was forced to follow a semi with airplane lights doing 25mph and we were passing people.

I learned my lesson. When the snow flies I buy a case of hooch and a case of soup and I nail my door shut from the inside until spring. :D

husker55

:)

have you ever noticed that as you get older there are more and more things that didn't make sense the first time around and more and more things you ain't going to try for the first time,..period.

PaceAdvantage
09-15-2008, 03:32 AM
have you ever noticed that as you get older there are more and more things that didn't make sense the first time around and more and more things you ain't going to try for the first time,..period.YES!