PDA

View Full Version : My Kind of Politician

JustRalph
09-13-2008, 07:22 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us/politics/14palin.html?_r=1&hp=&pagewanted=all&oref=slogin

I want Conservative Politicians who hack through the jungle of Bullshit we call politics with a Machete. I have never liked this women more than after reading this article............. if we had more conservatives like her in Congress we wouldn't have her anchored to John McCain.

This article is not flattering. It attempts to be a hit piece. But many will like her more after reading it. :ThmbUp:

OTM Al
09-13-2008, 07:42 PM
I thought the article was pretty fair. It highlites some good things she accomplished and reports on some things that people find questionable. It doesn't change my opinion about her either way, but it does fill in some gaps both positive and negative in my knowledge of her doings. What is clear is that despite her short time in office, she is a politician through and through.

ElKabong
09-13-2008, 10:14 PM
What liberals or dems won't understand about this piece is that conservatives see it as extremely biased. The NYT is preaching to the choir.

I originally typed out a long post to detail why this is shoddy & slanted journalism, but it's a waste of time to post it. This just cements my opinion, to be honest.

JustRalph
09-13-2008, 11:07 PM
I want cut-throat conservatives who will do "whatever it takes to further the agenda" she fits the mold. End of story for me.

ArlJim78
09-14-2008, 12:03 AM
liberals crack me up, this is their strategy to help their candidate? :lol:

its so horrendously stupid to put this full court press on Palin, making her the center of attention, especially once it became apparent that she is wildly popular. they just can't help themselves though. they use techniques and strategies that have only a narrow appeal to their hardcore base, and nobody else. do they really think that the general public doesn't notice the maniacal witchhunt they have undertaken? do they really think the public is going to buy their line that she is some kind of Attila the Hun? do they really think that if they can just plant a few seeds of doubt about Palin, that it translates into votes for their guy?

and what happens if they do find some kind of bombshell flaw from Palins past, since they have now offered up hundreds of potential issues with her, its likely that the effect of any real scandal will be muted because it will sound like just another unfair smear from the left.

it appears that they are fixated on her just like everyone else, but to them the issue with Palin is that she's a threat because she hasn't come up through their ranks, she hasn't kissed the ring and they don't like it. most of all because she's conservative.

Obamas strategies, get-tough tactics, and mistatements always blow up in his face and take him off message.
-Obama challenges Palins experience and then looks bad because he compares himself to the VP nominee of the other side.
- Obama references his muslim religion and gets corrected by host. correct answer: Christian. more diversion from message while people try to understand how someone slips up on their religion!
- Obama makes stupid lipstick on pig joke, gets a couple laughs but pays dearly for those laughs because for two days everyone talks about the joke and not his message.
- Obama launches ad that is supposed to paint McCain as an out of touch old man who is not familar with email, then they find out that its his disability that keeps him off of a keyboard and that he was a pioneer in the effort to use the internet for campaigning.
- main campaign theme is to run against the Bush record and try to paint McCain as Bushes third term, but they forget that Bush isn't running and neither McCain nor Palin seem to fit the description of a Bush third term.
- they base another main theme on change, the change we need, new politics, etc. then he chooses Biden as a running mate so you have a crappy trifecta, he doesn't represent change, he highlights again the experience deficit on top of the ticket, and ignores Hillary and her brigades.

so in come the elites and the mainstream media to the rescue, but some of them are also damaged by Hurricane Sarah.
-Oprah says no Palin on her show, because she doesn't have political candidates on, but since she is one of the great ones biggest and most influential backers that one is hard to swallow. outcome: women are organizing an Oprah boycott.
-US weekly runs trashy cover showing Palin, "scandal, babies, lies" while previous cover of Obama was a puffpiece. outcome: thousands cancel their subscriptions and they are forced to give away free magazines.
- msnbc flaks Olberman and Matthews mount a daily chorus of praise not only on their shows but as anchors of the convention coverage. outcome: their cheerleading is so repulsive that the network is forced to pull them out of the anchor chairs for the big nights.
- hollywood titan and deep-thinker Matt Damon, falls victim to a phoney blog story that claimed that Palin thinks dinosaurs were on earth 4000 years ago. He makes a stupid video appeal against her, claiming her candidacy for VP is absurd and says that someone needs to ask her about the dinosaurs. outcome: Matt Damon has now sealed his reputation as the dumbest person in Hollywood.
- The Washington Post and NYT fill their papers daily with hit pieces on Palin that are so blatant that the papers are rendered even more irrelevant, if thats even possible. outcome: now viewed as having no credibility (not so new really)

to be continued...

JustRalph
09-14-2008, 02:00 AM
Randy Rhodes suggested on her radio show that Palin likes to sleep with teenage boys........... :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

How this bitch has a job is beyond me.............

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/09/13/the-latest-sarah-palin-smear-from-the-left-teen-molester/

Dave Schwartz
09-14-2008, 02:33 AM
WHat truly amazes me is that what they typically bring up to soil Plain would generally fall into the category of "gossip."

So, they find someone who has been in opposition to her over some isue and amazingly, they get negative feedback!

Meanwhile, as The Times attacks with gossip, we may have the anti-christ heading for the White House.

http://sollogs.com/news/satanbarack.html

This could be an interesting next few years.

BTW, the article at that link is IMHO much more interesting than The Times.

richrosa
09-14-2008, 10:47 AM
ArlJim78,

That might have been the best post I've read in a while. If you switch sides, you are terribly overqualified to work for the Democrats as a strategist.

One thing to add, if the Democrats could ever get on message, I think they will do worse, as we'll see with the upcoming debates. Once their message of high taxation and income redistribution, further distrust of American business, the global warming hoax, their loathe of the military and appeasement policies, and the same old song that they've been singing since LBJ, the American public, on a national level, will recognize this and do what they've been doing for while now.

Tom
09-14-2008, 11:16 AM
What is the difference between democrats and cockroaches in the kitchen when you turn on the light at night?

I don't know either. See how they run.

Greyfox
09-14-2008, 11:54 AM
What is the difference between democrats and cockroaches in the kitchen when you turn on the light at night?

Democrats wear fluorescent lipstick?

DJofSD
09-14-2008, 12:00 PM
The democrats remind me of the women on the British version (2005) of the Apprentice that is currently airing on CNBC. The women are constantly bickering, lying, lack true leadership, fail to take responsibility and always too clever by half. Let them monger rumors about Palin -- they're about to get fired and the other team is going to get the job.

PaceAdvantage
09-15-2008, 02:41 AM
Isn't Randy Rhoads dead? Been dead a long time, actually....oh....THAT Randi Rhodes....

She has man hands! 'Nuff said...