PDA

View Full Version : Silversandsoftime

mcschellfan
09-13-2008, 06:43 PM
Don't know if anybody noticed yesterday, but the saltiest one eyed racehorse around blew up another Calder toteboard yesterday($55 and change) for the second time in his last 5 starts(and a near miss 3rd on the dirt). Silver put away 7 rivals while posting a 76 BSF. His win in July returned over $45 to his backers, making his $55 gift to his supporters even more suprising.
Kudos to the gang at McSchell Racing, who put aside their grief(lost their 11.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier, HARLEY, the night before), to saddle the 'silver monster,' who was able get his connections another picture. Tommy Schell is now responsible for 3 of Silver's 6 lifetime victories, and improving his own dirt to turf, turf, and route stats.
With the ultra-consistent Flight to Eden, and now the 'one eyed tote buster,' the McSchell barn can't be ignored. We are all very lucky to have him on the board here, as he truly his not only a great trainer, but a patient, and tremendous teacher, and friend.

cj
09-13-2008, 08:01 PM
How could anybody possibly notice outside of Miami?

Si2see
09-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Congratulations again Tom, Lisa, Dan, and myself... Bringing this horse back to this level means so much to us, but I am especially glad for silver. And Tom I am so sorry to hear about Harley I had no idea, he was a very sweet animal, but he had the best home and family caring for him.