PDA

View Full Version : BIG BROWN gained 100lbs ...

Notso
09-13-2008, 01:02 PM
as reported on TVG 30 minutes ago. Is this good?

JustRalph
09-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Well, from Personal experience.........he is going to see some changes

1. His seatbelt is going to be tighter

2 No more small cars

3 Finding Dockers to fit is going to be a real pain

4 No more eating in that small booth in the corner of his favorite restaurant

5 Making space for your "skinny clothes" in the closet is just a pipe dream

6 Yes, your feet do get fat, EEE is now Big Brown's foot size

7 Airline travel is worse torture than anything at Abu Graib. In fact the last time I flew I told them I would wear underwear on my head the whole flight if I could go first class...........no deal

8 That cute cashier at the grocery store stares at you funny when you buy Ice Cream

9 :3x: isn't sold in every store. Big and tall doesn't include short and wide

10 Motorcycles make funny noises and go slower when you start out

cj's dad
09-13-2008, 01:59 PM
insufficient data to reach a valid conclusion-

However; of and by itself, my initial reaction is that it is not an issue in a 3 year old this late in the year.

There are however, many on this board who would know better than I.

LottaKash
09-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Well, from Personal experience.........he is going to see some changes

1. His seatbelt is going to be tighter

2 No more small cars

3 Finding Dockers to fit is going to be a real pain

4 No more eating in that small booth in the corner of his favorite restaurant

5 Making space for your "skinny clothes" in the closet is just a pipe dream

6 Yes, your feet do get fat, EEE is now Big Brown's foot size

7 Airline travel is worse torture than anything at Abu Graib. In fact the last time I flew I told them I would wear underwear on my head the whole flight if I could go first class...........no deal

8 That cute cashier at the grocery store stares at you funny when you buy Ice Cream

9 :3x: isn't sold in every store. Big and tall doesn't include short and wide

10 Motorcycles make funny noises and go slower when you start out

TOO FUNNY RALPH.......:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dutrow, ya better get out the big boy's fat pants again.........:D

best.

DJofSD
09-13-2008, 03:50 PM
If it is muscle, yes that's good. But if it's just more fat over his ribs or development of a stud's neck, that won't help him run any faster. If you can get a really quality look at him in the saddling area, that'll tell you something about his condition.

toetoe
09-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Give him a wide berth. I see it as a great sign.

Ralph, one word (sorta): :lol: .

OTM Al
09-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Still betting against in all spots.

njcurveball
09-13-2008, 04:39 PM
It would be amazing if it were true and also true they have removed the steroids.

Anyone who watched the WWF after their steroids scandal got a great visual on what removing steoids will do.

joanied
09-14-2008, 01:36 PM
I only got to see the race on TV....but BB looked incredible. If he did gain 100lbs, it did him good... I would have to assume when taking these horses off the steroids, they would naturally go through some sort of withdrawal and tend to loose weight...
I doubt his weight gain had much fat to it...since he's in training while gaining back that wieght, most will be muscle...fact is, a horse that's too light will not be as energized as one at his correct wieght...at any rate...BB does look as perfect as you'd want him to be.
Be interesting to hear from someone that was at Momouth for the race.

Big Brown:1:....babe!!!

Stevie Belmont
09-14-2008, 03:48 PM
I did not know this, I was at the track...Anytime a horse puts on weight, especially after the taxing Haskell, it's a big positive...The horse is not finished, he packed on some weight and thats what you want to see, if they lose weight, thats a neg for me, but how often to we know this, stuff like that should be in the form...

joanied
09-14-2008, 04:17 PM
I did not know this, I was at the track...Anytime a horse puts on weight, especially after the taxing Haskell, it's a big positive...The horse is not finished, he packed on some weight and thats what you want to see, if they lose weight, thats a neg for me, but how often to we know this, stuff like that should be in the form...

Agreed.

classhandicapper
09-14-2008, 05:23 PM

I didn't see this thread yesterday.

One of the issues with this horse has been whether or not he was worn out from the triple crown campaign. He's been training regularly. So (after the fact) I have to think the weight gain was a positive. It might have meant that he's been developing like you would want a 3YO to do at this time of year.

joanied
09-14-2008, 06:34 PM
I didn't see this thread yesterday.

One of the issues with this horse has been whether or not he was worn out from the triple crown campaign. He's been training regularly. So (after the fact) I have to think the weight gain was a positive. It might have meant that he's been developing like you would want a 3YO to do at this time of year.

Exactly:ThmbUp: