PDA

View Full Version : How bad will USC beat Ohio

pktruckdriver
09-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Just curious what ya think before the game??

I think by at least 24 points

Go Gators

ElKabong
09-13-2008, 01:18 AM
I think USC this year is awesome, but I'll take OSU to cover.

-There's nothing wrong with the tOSU defense. They've played very very well.

-Offense...Last week they faced 8 man fronts and didn't try to beat it often enough to soften Ohio's D. Tressel didn't show much, prolly didn't want to.

If he plays Prior they'll have a chance, but knowing Tressel I doubt he'll play him much. He made that mistake vs TEXAS in 2005 by playing Zweick mostly. Troy Smith was giving us fits and for some reason sweatervest decides to yank him. Never understood that, he was way too conservative. If Smith took 80% of the snaps, the bucks beat us imo.

JustRalph
09-13-2008, 02:26 AM
Without Beanie........they are much less potent team. I am hoping they don't get embarrassed.

MakinItHappen
09-13-2008, 03:20 AM
Just curious what ya think before the game??
I think by at least 24 points
Go Gators

I will take the Bucks + the 24!
Thank You, PT!

I know, I know... I will only get half that, but still think the set-up for this game is PERFECTO for a value bet on the Buckeyes. Beanie out.. sob, sob, ... almost getting beat by the bobcats last week, sob, sob... both emotionally factor into the # but neither will be a major factor. It will be a tough game no doubt, but think I have a 55-60% chance of covering with the 11.5/12 pts... just my read...

Best of Luck PT and Everyone! Enjoy the Game!

MakinItHappen

pktruckdriver
09-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Thank you

Now I do not bet on football, but that allows me to do pretty well with throwing out some crazy things and doing pretty well with them.

Now Being a Gator Fan My best scenario would be the following:

Ohio beats USC out west (WHY?) Who else out there is going to do it

Why Again Well Ohio can be beat by a few BIG TEN Teams, Maybe...

Gators are going to be hard pressed to go undefeated in the SEC, as is anyone in the SEC, will be ( MY Opinion Best Conference In College FB)

Now with reality setting in the truth be told USC will destroy Ohio, Ohio is already crying that someone named Wells won't play, whaaaaa thought this was a team sport???

Go Gators

Dave Schwartz
09-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Personally, I think USc is a bit over-rated. I would look for OSU to cover as well.

However, what do I really know about football? (That's the game they play with the ball with the points on each end, right?)

canleakid
09-13-2008, 01:12 PM
USC WILL COVER THE SPREAD!!!!! BUT I HOPE THEY PLAY TO 0-0 TIE :eek:

Dave Schwartz
09-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Well, I've got my USC hat on, my "Trojan Avenue" sign is up and the brats are cookin'. It must be time for some football.

Thus far it has been a great day... UNR got crushed 69-17 (I root against them because if they win they raise ticket prices to the point where nobody can get a seat.), UCLA got beat 59-0 and Cal got beaten by Maryland.

I'm ready!

Dave

Bubbles
09-13-2008, 08:44 PM
Gotta say, Tressel's play-calling is suspect. They run the draw on the first series and go three-and-out. On their second drive, they march down the field with short passes, getting inside the ten. They run the draw again. And Brent "The Idiot" Musberger wonders why their offense stalls?

It's simple. Against USC, if you're gonna run, run. If you're gonna pass, pass. Don't hesitate when the defense is MUCH quicker than you are.

ElKabong
09-13-2008, 10:22 PM
where the F is Pryor? Just running him in for a play every now and then, no way he can affect the game this way. The offense can't develop a consistent attack. Tressel gave his team no chance in the first half.

Boeckman might be an ok qb in the big10, but when they have to step outside the conference to play defenses with team speed, he's teats on a boar hog.

Bubbles
09-13-2008, 10:26 PM
Boeckman is a decent game manager who is upgraded by the playmakers around him. Unfortunately, one of those playmakers is Beanie Wells, who is in street clothes tonight. Brian Robiske is as good a possession receiver as you'll see, but without the running game, OSU is at a HUGE disadvantage.

ElKabong
09-13-2008, 10:42 PM
Beanie Wells wouldn't have been a weapon with Boekman at qb, not against a defense like USC. With Pryor, a defense has to change the way they attack. Right now USC is teeing off.

"Game managers" can't beat defenses like the one he's going up against. "Game managers" don't beat good defenses. Play makers do.

I look at the way defenses played TEXAS when we had Vince Young, and then how they played us with Chance Mock (before) or Colt Mccoy (after). Massive difference.

As I post, another sack and Boekman is limping to the sideline.....

pktruckdriver
09-13-2008, 10:48 PM
As predicted.

I could :jump:

Or be :lol:

But will just :)

And Say Go Gators

ElKabong
09-13-2008, 10:51 PM
PT,

They ought to just make the SEC title game the ncaa championship. That conference is light yrs ahead of everyone else. The rest of us don't compare (at least for now).

JustRalph
09-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Tressel and his coaches are being exposed for the 3rd time in the last 3 years.............. they deserve it. Btw, he just became the 2nd highest paid coach in College Football, right behind Carroll......... :lol: Osu got ripped off

canleakid
09-13-2008, 11:19 PM
oHIO STATE, "TURN OFF THE LIGHTS, THE PARTY'S OVER"
A REAL :sleeping: YAWNER
TRESSIE JUST DOES NOT GET IT :bang: SLOW & STRONG TEAMS ARE OUT!!!

Dave Schwartz
09-13-2008, 11:39 PM
A coupel of things I took from this game...

1. USC is for real.

2. Pryor showed that you can run wide against USC. I'd bet that won't be missed in the game plans of future teams. 'Course Pete will be working on that.

3. Does USC have running backs or what?

4. USC's defense is the best.

But what happens when they play a real team. (Who are those again?)

ElKabong
09-14-2008, 01:25 AM
2. Pryor showed that you can run wide against USC. I'd bet that won't be missed in the game plans of future teams. 'Course Pete will be working on that.

I think Vince Young and Dennis Dixon proved that ;)

As for Pete, he had 5 weeks to prepare for Vince Young & we all know how that worked out. 200 yards rushing, 270 passing at a 75% completion rate.

A QB that can run changes the way a defense has to scheme. Biggest difference in the passing game is the drops that LB's take in zone coverage. With a running QB, the LB's are in no mans land. Take the normal deep drop, the QB has all kinds of room to run. The lineman sure aren't going to run him down, and a guy like Pryor/ Vince/ Dixon have an open field to work with. Tackling these guys in the open field is like herding cats.

When the LB's take a short drop in zones, there are HUGE gaps in the zone between the 2nd and 3rd tiers. Decent WR's will find themselves running free, and this is what happened for VY in the rose bowls (both of em).

VY didn't lead the nation in completion % b/c he's a great passer.....He did so b/c his ability to run created great matchups downfield in coverage.