PDA

View Full Version : A&E's "The Cleaner"

cj
09-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Anybody catch the latest episode, Let It Ride? I usually like this show, and this one wasn't too bad, but can't they hire one guy on these shows when they do a racing theme to get the small stuff even close to right?

There were way too many things a typical racing fan would know right away were wrong to even begin to point them out. It wouldn't change the message of the show one bit to get them right, just give it a bit more credibility.

socantra
09-11-2008, 11:25 PM
I remember an episode of Columbo many years ago in which the whole plot hinged on an ordinary electric wall socket that had the top plug on a different circuit than the bottom plug.

They don't make any effort to get it right because no one cares and they figure they can get away with it. Most of the time, they are right.

dav4463
09-12-2008, 12:31 AM
I hate it when sports movies or TV shows have a basketball game and the referees aren't even dressed right or they use the wrong kind of whistle and wrong signals or they are always out of position. Referees notice that stuff.

JustRalph
09-12-2008, 06:52 AM
come on CJ, don't those Air Force uniforms on just about every show make you crazy...........they never get that right......... :lol:

cj
09-12-2008, 11:17 AM
come on CJ, don't those Air Force uniforms on just about every show make you crazy...........they never get that right......... :lol:

Yeah, and couldn't they at least get a proper haircut?

kitts
09-12-2008, 01:47 PM
And I get a bit irked when the dudes are doing the walkie-talkie thing and close with "over and out" which is a meaningless phrase and not used in the Army and I understand it is not used in the armed forces of firefighters or cops either

cj's dad
09-12-2008, 01:56 PM
I remember an episode of Columbo many years ago in which the whole plot hinged on an ordinary electric wall socket that had the top plug on a different circuit than the bottom plug.

They don't make any effort to get it right because no one cares and they figure they can get away with it. Most of the time, they are right.

Perfectly legal by the way as per the NEC. (nat'l electric code)

Over and out.

Pace Cap'n
09-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Perfectly legal by the way as per the NEC. (nat'l electric code)

Over and out.

Commonly used when you want one outlet on a switch (for a lamp) and the other a regular plug. Can drive you crazy if you aren't in the know.

OTM Al
09-12-2008, 04:04 PM
My great aunt's house was actually wired that way on every socket. Took me 2 blown fuses before I figured out what I was dealing with

saratoga guy
09-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Anybody catch the latest episode, Let It Ride? I usually like this show

I'd never even heard of the show but simply by chance flipped by the other night just as it began and I hung around because there was clearly a racing theme, so I was interested to see what I was watching.

That said, not being familiar with the show, as soon as the premise was set up (ie, some "team" is going to get a jockey off of drugs) I lost interest and switched the channel.

Besides the racing inaccuracies, was it any good?

cj
09-12-2008, 04:42 PM
I like the show. It is about a real guy who actually helps other addicts now.

joanied
09-12-2008, 08:14 PM
We watch it, actually I record it and we watch it if it looks to be a good one...I'd say the overall show is pretty well done, and as CJ said....nice to see a 'real' guy helping addicts....
first, how'd they call this episode 'Let it Ride'....must have had to ge the OK from the movie "Let it Ride' (which I just happened to watch the other night....never get tired of that movie)
but I really didn't like this episode... like most Tb race movies and/or TV shows, it's those small things that are far from accurate that drive me crazy...plus, the general public that saw this episode will think damn near every jock is addicted.... I didn't like it...I thought it was simply an un real look at racing.

I also thought that some of our best horse race movies had things that just weren't accurate...even Seabiscuit.

One of my all time favorite race movies is 'Casey's Shadow'...it may be about Quarter Horse racing, but they were acurate and realistic in everything...hell, they even called a baby horse a FOAL...drives me nuts when folks call a FOAL a COLT :bang:

Irish Boy
09-13-2008, 01:05 AM
As long as we're on the topic of vaguely-horse related tv programming:

Did anyone see "Hole in the Wall", the new fox game show, the other night. One team was made up of jockeys. Does anyone know who they were? I thought I recognized two of them.

JustRalph
09-13-2008, 02:37 AM
As long as we're on the topic of vaguely-horse related tv programming:

Did anyone see "Hole in the Wall", the new fox game show, the other night. One team was made up of jockeys. Does anyone know who they were? I thought I recognized two of them.

you can watch it here...........

http://www.fox.com/fod/play.php?sh=holeinthewall

PaceAdvantage
09-15-2008, 01:21 AM
Did anyone see "Hole in the Wall", the new fox game show, the other night. One team was made up of jockeys. Does anyone know who they were? I thought I recognized two of them.I'm not sure who the jockeys were (one was the "stunt jockey" in Seabiscuit), but the show itself was as close to torture as I ever want to come...it was BAD!

So bad in fact, that I actually started to feel sorry for the host and the commentator....

proximity
09-15-2008, 01:48 AM
Anybody catch the latest episode, Let It Ride? I usually like this show, and this one wasn't too bad, but can't they hire one guy on these shows when they do a racing theme to get the small stuff even close to right?

There were way too many things a typical racing fan would know right away were wrong to even begin to point them out. It wouldn't change the message of the show one bit to get them right, just give it a bit more credibility.

a bunch of strokers standing around the windows and betting jockeys? seemed pretty realistic to me.:)

btw, this upcoming episode looks pretty intense. apparently some local cops don't like the way the cleaner does business!!