PDA

View Full Version : Jock Switches at HOU

Zaf
03-14-2003, 09:28 PM
Thats 2 delays already tonight :mad:

ZAFONIC

Zaf
03-14-2003, 11:04 PM
Thats 3 tonight. Any reason as far as you can see Purple Power ?

ZAFONIC

Boris
03-15-2003, 02:44 AM
Was there tonight. Standing on the rail of the lane leading back to the paddock when Knott brought back one, I think it was the first one. You'd have to know Knott to appreciate this, or at least know his style. He's a bit of a goofball and always has something to say when there is an audience. I don't know him personally, but he must know my face as I am in the paddock area alot. He looks right at me and says "Not Me" in his deep Texiana accent. I almost busted a grape. I don't think he would have said anything if there would have been anyone else around.

One of the "switchers" won the race, so I guess it's not a 100% throwout angle.

WINMANWIN
03-15-2003, 10:25 AM
I was in war room shooting the breeze last nite, and noticed that
the jocks all remained on there horses for the extra amount of time. When new jockey finally was mounted on the race winner,
Excessive time had elapsed, and Race winner had the EDGE.
He didnt have to carry the jock, during the waiting time :confused:
Anyway, How does this happen 3 times in 1 nite.....It may be
a Record, or the food spread was Bad in the Jocks ROOM :eek:

Derek2U
03-15-2003, 12:12 PM
What a CooL link to Asian racing. Check it on the Contest thread.
Looks like a James Bond banner .... luv them asian babes.

PurplePower
03-16-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by zafonic
Thats 3 tonight. Any reason as far as you can see Purple Power ?

ZAFONIC
I've been busy with preparations for teaching Groom Elite classes at Santa Anita each Monday and Tuesday for past three weeks and next two weeks and haven't been browsing here during past week. No explanations for all those changes. Knott is usually a rider that gets on horses that others don't ride, so I was especially shocked when he brought one back. Gomez brought his back most likely because obnoxious owner had chewed his arse for Gomez' ride in first. Runner Roger got off came on to win so Roger probably doesn't have to worry about riding any more for Gordon. Other than that, we were doing better the past couple of weeks - limited rider changes and only a late scratch or two. Then, BAM, we go for the record. Still not a record though. Some of you guys will remember the night we had two changes in the same race (and a total of four on the night). Would have been five but no one was in room at start time of tenth and runner was scratched. That was back in November and a meeting held shortly after that slowed down the changes a bit. Bad card today - short fields - trainers holding back for Lone Star's bigger purses. Boris and SMF (some of you may remember him) have been taking home their share of the loot the past couple of weeks. Boris might rename his kids "Hellman" and "Robletto". (Or at least the cat and dog.)

Boris
03-16-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by PurplePower
Boris might rename his kids "Hellman" and "Robletto". (Or at least the cat and dog.)

The little one balked until I told her Luis is spanish for "Dancing Flower". The other one ain't buying there are a lot of girl musicians named Leroy, just not in rap. Oh well, house is paid for another month. Hope they send one more before the meet ends.

sq764
03-20-2003, 08:29 PM
Race 2 tonight, waiting for a rider change on the 1 horse.. Again, they wait until post time to do this..

Zaf
03-20-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by sq764
Race 2 tonight, waiting for a rider change on the 1 horse.. Again, they wait until post time to do this..

Spiteful Pinheads :D

ZAFONIC

PurplePower
03-21-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by zafonic
Spiteful Pinheads :D

ZAFONIC The worst ones are the ones that decide to change in the tenth race just when it looks like we might get out before 11. At least Boris' kids don't have to worry about the name change after tonight's Hell-Rob box office flop. Smf doesn't post here anymore, but he has scored some nice "physicality" wins here this month.

Tom
03-21-2003, 12:36 PM
Anyone keep any stats on htis-whow many of these win/lose, is it unusual in term of their odds? How many come back and win? How many come back and lose? How many come back? Any off them eased or break down the night of the swtich?
Inquiring minds want to know (am they are too lazy to look it up <G>)