PDA

View Full Version : Change in Tracks

Charlie
09-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Now that Rockingham is closed and the big M hasn't reopened yet, I'll give Plainridge and Harrah's a try. Today's card at Harrrah's in the 5th, 6th and 7th race pic3, I like the 468/578/3 for a cost of $18.00. The 3 (CC Make a Buck) in today's 7th race interests me. Hadn't been in the money in his previous 5 races, but still, in his last on 3 Sept was bet down to 6-1 where he ran very well while racing first over. And also, 3 back he earned a SR of 90. The highest of any in today's race. I feel he is ready, at least I hope he is.

Charlie
09-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Unfortunately he had a first over trip again and finished 2nd. Oh well, there is always next time.

LottaKash
09-10-2008, 05:30 PM
Now that Rockingham is closed and the big M hasn't reopened yet, I'll give Plainridge and Harrah's a try. Today's card at Harrrah's in the 5th, 6th and 7th race pic3, I like the 468/578/3 for a cost of $18.00. The 3 (CC Make a Buck) in today's 7th race interests me. Hadn't been in the money in his previous 5 races, but still, in his last on 3 Sept was bet down to 6-1 where he ran very well while racing first over. And also, 3 back he earned a SR of 90. The highest of any in today's race. I feel he is ready, at least I hope he is.

Hey Charlie, Fwiw, I feel very strongly that Plainridge must be viewed much like you would a 1/2-miler, as the inside posts have a very strong advantage over the outside 3......Caution here, as this track is loaded with cheap, sick, lame and lazy horses, and predicting the outcomes, and trying to get a good price on a logical contender is quite a trick at this track.......Good Luck,,,,,As a rule lately, I will generally steer clear of this track.....In the past I have enjoyed modest success at this facility, but as of late, not so good.....Lots of chalk and some very unexplained outcomes, at least by my learning and logic.....Shenannigans and cheap horses gives me headaches, so I stopped trying there.....

best,

best,

Charlie
09-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Lotta Kash.. Agreed that at Plainridge posts 1-5 have a huge advantage over post 6-8, but the same scenario applies at Chester. Chester's stretch is 166' shorter than the Plainridge track. In fact, at both tracks the winning horse's lengths behind at the 3/4 mile call is identical. Based on a large sample of races, the following applies. At Plainridge the average lengths behind at the 3/4 mile call is 1.1 while at Chester, it's 1.2. Just about the same, so for me they both play out like 1/2 mile tracks. Agreed though the quality of horses at Chester is much better. But really, Rockingham didn't have a great quality of horses, but I did quite well there. I wished it never closed.

LottaKash
09-10-2008, 11:17 PM
Lotta Kash.. Agreed that at Plainridge posts 1-5 have a huge advantage over post 6-8, but the same scenario applies at Chester. Chester's stretch is 166' shorter than the Plainridge track. In fact, at both tracks the winning horse's lengths behind at the 3/4 mile call is identical. Based on a large sample of races, the following applies. At Plainridge the average lengths behind at the 3/4 mile call is 1.1 while at Chester, it's 1.2. Just about the same, so for me they both play out like 1/2 mile tracks. Agreed though the quality of horses at Chester is much better. But really, Rockingham didn't have a great quality of horses, but I did quite well there. I wished it never closed.

Hey Charlie , Yes you are right about Chester, but to re-iterate a previous post; the Start at Chester is a little different than at many tracks, as they have the adjustable-slanted starting gate, a huge advantage for leavers saddled with the outside post......Some of my best scores are from the outside at Chester.....tho, outside posts are still up against it if a horse doesn't get lucky, or have a class or speed advantage that he can use for attacking the leader once they pass the 3/8's......I love that starting gate and I play outside horses when I have a nice goody going in a race....

I am very glad that you can do well at that oval.......For me tho, at Plainridge, all the lame horses and the huge pp bias keeps the prices low as a rule.........At Chester the horses are sounder and the drivers and trainers are the best, which leads to more contentious races and some way-better paying horses......And we need those big numbers to survive in this game for the long haul.....

I am very surprised that people who do well at the 1/2-milers don't do well at Chester, as for me loving good early speed, I cannot think of a better place to make my bets, than at Chester....

best,

be