PDA

View Full Version : Toteboards, savers and singles.

Imriledup
09-10-2008, 05:45 AM
If you all would be so kind, i'd like to get your input on toteboard watching, savers and singles.

Here are my questions. Please answer any of these or all of them if you can. Thanks.

1) If you see a horse that is a drastically different from the morning line on the first flash, does that matter at all to you? Do you think this horse is either more live or more dead from the first flash, or does this not mean anything at all to your calculations?

2) for those of you who play a decent amount of money into the pick 4 or pick 6, would you add or subtract a horse from your sequences if he opened up short? For example, if there was a horse who was 12-1 morning line that you didn't use on any tickets, would you re-consider throwing him into a ticket or two if he opens at 3-1 first flash?

3) are you more apt to reconsider a first time starter who gets bet hard early or an established racehorse? Or, does it not matter.

4) if you are alive going into the last leg of a pick 4 or pick 6 and you are alive with multiple horses for a ton of money but there's one horse who frightens you, would you toss a large win bet on that horse, or would you just live dangerously and let him beat you? In other words, how do you bet a 'saver' with the one horse who can beat you when you are alive for large money with all the contenders except one?

5) If you bet a pick 3, 4 or 6, are you more likely to single a horse in the first leg or the last leg?

6) Do you believe that if you bet a pick 6, you HAVE to single someone somewhere?

Thanks guys.

arno
09-10-2008, 10:19 AM
1. Depends if lightly raced horse and what track.
Some of the minor circuits that have larger fields, the morning line is way out
of line.

2. Only if horse was first time starter.

3. First Time Starter.

4. Would dutch remaining horses. Would not leave any one out and would
show a profit for the race albeit a small one. If the dutch doesn't show a
profit for EVERY horse I'd just hope for the best with my original ticket.

5. A no brainer here. I would single the last leg and go deep in the early legs.
The price of a multi race wager is dependent on the earlier legs especailly
the first legs where the public see the odds. A pick 3 in a sequence of
20/1, 3/1, and 9/5 will pay considerably more than a sequence of 9/5,
3/1 and 20/1.

6. I do not play Pick 6.

Tape Reader
09-10-2008, 05:28 PM
IMRILEDUP
"Drastically different" to the ML gets my attention at a decent size track. If the horse stays at/around the first flash I think it is more the track handicapper that made the mistake. On the other hand, if for example a horse is 20-1 ML, opens at 10-1, closes above ML, I give it more credence.

I am only a casual player but have caught a few $50+ returns watching for this angle. I handicap the tote board only.

sammy the sage
09-10-2008, 08:11 PM
""4) if you are alive going into the last leg of a pick 4 or pick 6 and you are alive with multiple horses for a ton of money but there's one horse who frightens you, would you toss a large win bet on that horse, or would you just live dangerously and let him beat you? In other words, how do you bet a 'saver' with the one horse who can beat you when you are alive for large money with all the contenders except one?""

A little story...Belmont this year...threw BB out...wagered confidently...in p-3/4's...he was not on single tix....

last race...Belmont...got 6 horse's...No BB...and No 38/1 Dehere...needless to say... for $20 chup change coulda at least ''COVERED" my A$$...which I failed to do... :(

Then LIKE a RETARD....did the same STUPID thing on Curlin's race on GRASS... :mad:

so yeah...if last in sequence...at least cover to break-even on the bet...it's SMALL insurance :bang: