PDA

View Full Version : Honesty Please

pktruckdriver
09-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Is there money to be made in Betting the NFL??

As I always do well just picking winners, not great mind you, my favorite bet is against my team, the fin's, but seriously??

Never mind stupid question, I will refrain from any more, I hope.

barn32
09-09-2008, 08:43 PM

Of course. But it's a 60 hour a week job just like anything else.

pktruckdriver
09-10-2008, 05:06 AM
ALREADY GOT AN 70-90 HOUR WORK WEEK.

Guess I will be limited to just watching, again.

It is always cheaper that way.

GO DOLPHINS, LET'S DOUBLE OUR WINS THIS YEAR :bang:

Valuist
09-10-2008, 07:57 AM

As I always do well just picking winners, not great mind you, my favorite bet is against my team, the fin's, but seriously??

Never mind stupid question, I will refrain from any more, I hope.

Betting against a -110 vig, you need to be right about 524 times out of 1000 to break even. Breaking even isn't the tough part. What is the top side? Being right about 585 to 600 times out of 1000. Forget about the claims of 75% winners or 78% winners......those are lies by touts. Sites like Wagerline track players picks and I don't think I've ever seen anyone hit 60% over 1000 plays or more. The pros shoot for 55-58%. The best thing about the NFL is there's more people who've never handicapped anything who bet the NFL. The guys who may catch 1 or 2 games a week on TV, open the newspaper and look at win/loss records. But you have to do your homework. Sites like covers.com and sportsmemo.com (go to their radio archives) have excellent information.