PDA

View Full Version : Breeder's Cup

pktruckdriver
09-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Where do we stand on the BC this year?

Who will cover it and where can we bet on it?

I have youbet and xpressbet and tvg and twinspires, all becuase some carry some tracks and others carry the rest, any end in sight for this fiasco??

Not that I want just one big monopoly of ADW, unless its PTC, but I know CD and Calder had to feel the sting this year with there fighting with the ADW's, no??

Are there certain tracks that are more friendly to the online bettors than the trackside bettors, I've always wonedered about that, probally not unless they were really bigtime bettors, which majority of us are not.

Thanks

startngate
09-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Typically the Breeders' Cup is handled by all of the major ADWs, so I think you are covered with your current accounts. It's signal policies are not governed by the host track, but rather the BC. AmericaTab sued the BC over an exclusive deal they did with TVG back in 2000 or 2001, and the signal has been open ever since.

With the current rumblings of Stronach negotiating with the horsemen, and a few of the TVG "exclusives" indicating they won't re-sign when their current deals are up next year, I would suspect that some time in 2009 the "content wars" will have worked themselves out. The horsemen have softened their stance a little bit as a few deals have gotten done with less than 1/3 of the takeout going to purses, and I suspect that will continue.

Originally I thought end of this year, but it's probably going to take a little longer.