PDA

View Full Version : List of tracks with NO pick 6 on the menu.

Imriledup
09-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Mountaineer doesn't have a pick 6.

I would love the Mtn to have a pick 6.

Anyone else know of a track with no pick 6? Maybe Penn National or the Finger.

Tom
09-09-2008, 03:16 PM
I think FL cancelled it years ago.
We once had a 14 day carry-over......almost $978 !!!!! :rolleyes:;)

Jeff P
09-09-2008, 03:58 PM
While I'm at it... I think I'll step onto the soap box again.

MNR track management:

Two pick-3's a day makes your product somewhat unplayable. I'd much rather see ROLLING pick-3's on MNR's menu than a pick-6.

And another thing:

Post Parades...

How much money did the company lose last year? Instead of catering to the whims of a handful of trainers on the grounds who don't want bettors seeing horses during post parades... try presenting your product in a straightforward professional manner.

Purposely using the lead pony and/or horse ambulance to block the view of post parades is pathetic.

You guys running MNR really need to address this.

-jp

Imriledup
09-09-2008, 04:27 PM
While I'm at it... I think I'll step onto the soap box again.

MNR track management:

Two pick-3's a day makes your product somewhat unplayable. I'd much rather see ROLLING pick-3's on MNR's menu than a pick-6.

And another thing:

Post Parades...

How much money did the company lose last year? Instead of catering to the whims of a handful of trainers on the grounds who don't want bettors seeing horses during post parades... try presenting your product in a straightforward professional manner.

Purposely using the lead pony and/or horse ambulance to block the view of post parades is pathetic.

You guys running MNR really need to address this.

-jp

There was a couple of situations last night where the Mountain appeared to be 'shady' for lack of a better word.

Wade Rini had a 3-5 shot in the 2nd race that appeared to be a lock on paper and he never tried to win the race and later in the day, there was a jock named Myers on a horse called great shot that looked like a sure thing to finish 2nd in midstretch but then it appeared like he wasn't urging or going all out to get 2nd. He was doing some fancy 'whipping' but he wasn't really whipping, i don't know what you call it. I thought it was an optical illusion how he couldn't get 2nd...not sure there was a whole lot of effort on that ride.

But, i'm watching these races on television and not live at the track with binoculars, so there may be more than meets the eye.

Is this stuff par for the course at the mountain or did Wade Rini and Myers give full effort to get the highest placing they could muster?

Maybe its better off there's no pick 6 on the menu with these shenanigans going on.

Hajck Hillstrom
09-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Anyone else know of a track with no pick 6? Emerald Downs does not. Susie Sourwine, Vice President of Marketing at EMD said "The Pick6 wager just never achieved any integrity in pool size in the first 4 or 5 years of Emerald Downs and was cancelled. I would say it is very unlikely that you will see it's return in the short term."

This answer was given when I questioned if Emerald Downs would ever consider a $1 Pik6 wager.

cj
09-09-2008, 04:54 PM
Emerald also doesn't give times in 100ths. Apparently they are in a time warp there.

trigger
09-09-2008, 06:01 PM
The only tracks that have viable P6's are those that have (percieved if not real) consistancy in form.

Hajck Hillstrom
09-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Emerald also doesn't give times in 100ths. Apparently they are in a time warp there.The wheels of progress grind slowly in the great Pacific Northwest. :rolleyes:

Jeff P
09-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Hajck, at least EMD has the state legislature behind them. I grew up in AZ. I can honestly tell you that whenever I think about AZ's state legislature and account wagering on horses I just want to puke.

-jp

Wickel
09-09-2008, 11:39 PM
No Pick 6 at Albuquerque, and no 10-cent supers, either. That alone keeps me going elsewhere.