PDA

View Full Version : Win Every Race

aaron
09-09-2008, 09:19 AM
A new book on Amazon-
Win Every Race: A never Before Seen Wagering System Dedicated To Any Kind Of Horse Racing.
Is anyone familiar with this Book ?

timtam
09-09-2008, 09:25 AM
Probably some sort of due column or progression method that keeps upping

the bet until you get a winner and recoup all your loses. Lots and lots of

posts on this board refuting any sort of wagering method that wins even

though your selections have a losing roi. Its just not that easy.

Greyfox
09-09-2008, 09:28 AM
Sight unseen I'll say pass.

Anyone who wants to win every race simply needs to bet every horse in the race. That doesn't mean that you'll make money at it though.
Otherwise, only an idiot would believe that you're going to win every race.
For me the title is a total turnoff and an alarm signal to PASS. :ThmbDown:

lamboguy
09-09-2008, 09:34 AM
the only way you can come close to winning at the races is to bet horses that you know are training well and fit the condition, and have a rebate from premium turf club. if the horse is training well you must get true value to the race, if you think the horse should be 2-1 and the odds are 6/5 pass. it is that simple.

John
09-09-2008, 11:18 AM
A new book on Amazon-
Win Every Race: A never Before Seen Wagering System Dedicated To Any Kind Of Horse Racing.
Is anyone familiar with this Book ?

WHO is THe AUTHOR ??? And from what publishing CO.

:) :) :)

ryesteve
09-09-2008, 11:27 AM
If you read the reviews, and look at the reviewers' other reviews, it's a pretty safe bet that the author is really Joseph J Tuttle, or whatever his real name is...

Unfortunately, he seems to have so many pseudonyms, it's pretty hard to find a review of ANY of his work that doesn't look like it was written by himself.

aaron
09-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Author: Randy W. Brown
Publisher: Create Space

maiom01
09-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Sounds like a best seller. The new players (if they are lazy) will buy it. What is the price? Sounds like it might be a comical read.

Greyfox
09-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Author: Randy W. Brown
Publisher: Create Space

The publisher is Create Space.

Hmm? Does that mean I'll be emptying out my wallet? :lol:

John
09-09-2008, 01:26 PM
The publisher is Create Space.

Hmm? Does that mean I'll be emptying out my wallet? :lol:

Good one...I am still laughing. :jump:

Donnie
09-09-2008, 02:32 PM
Niko is also using CreateSpace as his publisher. Must be an equitable publishing house (much like publish-on-demand) to keep from having to have extra copies laying around!

"Tuttle", by the way, at last count, has 8 different books now out there! He is writing about winning at baseball and football now. Musta been very lucrative, this horseracing stuff! :jump:

Donnie
09-09-2008, 02:33 PM
yep....did a search immediately....

https://www.createspace.com/

LottaKash
09-09-2008, 02:41 PM
I fondly remember purchasing more than a few books promising of "Never a Losing Day", and others of this ilk......And, I never did get my money back on some "Can't Lose" selections from certain Touts, although I did get a few more free losing selections.......:eek:

I am still dreaming of winning every race...... Now, I just don't wager on them all........:D

best,

Dave Schwartz
09-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Well, Amazon is not a company that is hard to get money back from.

I'll let you know.

infrontby1
09-09-2008, 09:02 PM
I purchased it electronicaly from LULU.com

It's a waste of reading and $$$.

The idiot goes over a card of races from a recent Sunday at Delmar, yet gives no backup or support whatsover on how he came to make a selection or pass the race.

His money management system will steer you toward the poor house within days.

If you want, I'll foward you the .pdf version for a dollar, if it's even worth that much.

And stay clear of his associate, Joseph J Tuttle, his books are also useless.

LottaKash
09-09-2008, 09:36 PM
I purchased it electronicaly from LULU.com

It's a waste of reading and $$$.

The idiot goes over a card of races from a recent Sunday at Delmar, yet gives no backup or support whatsover on how he came to make a selection or pass the race.

His money management system will steer you toward the poor house within days.

If you want, I'll foward you the .pdf version for a dollar, if it's even worth that much.

And stay clear of his associate, Joseph J Tuttle, his books are also useless.

THX Infront, for heading us off at the pass......:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

best,

Niko
09-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Niko is also using CreateSpace as his publisher. Must be an equitable publishing house (much like publish-on-demand) to keep from having to have extra copies laying around!

"Tuttle", by the way, at last count, has 8 different books now out there! He is writing about winning at baseball and football now. Musta been very lucrative, this horseracing stuff! :jump:

Create Space is the easiest way for a newbie to get started with Amazon. They are simply a publisher. And, yes they are an on demand publisher.
Cheaper than going to a local publisher and they do a great job-at least so far. Amazon owns them so I don't think you can knock them to much-but I'm new to this whole thing. I would think that Amazon would review or look at a book before accepting it, but maybe they don't??

As far as the lucrative part-I may or may not find out. Only 14 copies through Amazon so far and you basically split profits. I haven't even sold 100 copies in total-certainly not worth the effort from the time and what I stand to lose edgewise. I may have to ask Tuttle how he does it-but I doubt he'll tell competition. I think he sells picks etc which is how he makes most of his money-he alluded to in a description.

I'm sure there are some marketing tricks that I'm unaware of. I did a search inside on one of his books and was surprised at the quality. I would think my book would do quite well next to any of his stuff. I'm submitting for the search inside so people can compare what I have to others.

When I get my printed copies from Createspace (2 weeks and still waiting) I'll be submitting for review. You won't see any family or friends quotes on Amazon or what I have on the back cover of the book.

People have already offered but I said no. We'll see what type of reviews pop up. I know from feedback there'll be some good ones, and there will probably a couple that aren't. So goes it when you write a book and put yourself out there.

Dave Schwartz
09-09-2008, 11:08 PM
LOL - Okay... maybe I am ordering too much stuff from Amazon. :bang:

So, I'll take a look and send it back. ;)

Tom Barrister
09-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Every time I think I've seen the worst of the worst, something new comes along and outdoes it.

This is the worst gambling-related book I've ever read. Most books have some redeeming value somewhere. This one is a total piece of trash. It's all the more dangerous because somebody who doesn't know better could be sold on the ideas and lose a LOT of money trying them. Stay far away.

I want to market my own book. Is it okay to sell it here, Boss?

No?

Okay then, I'll give it away for free:

CASH A TICKET ON EVERY RACE:
The authoritative guide to cashing in on every race
By "Bomb" Tarryster
With Tom Barrister

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

I Preface.
II Introduction.
Chapter 1 What Has to be Done.
Chapter 2 How to do it.
Chapter 3 A Day at the Races.
Epilogue
The End

I Preface: On his deathbed, a professional horseplayer gave me the secret to cashing a ticket on every race. He swore me to secrecy for 40 years. Now that 40 years have passed, I will glady share this method (for a hefty fee, of course) which I have used to win every race that I have ever bet.

II Introduction: "Bomb" Tarryster is the most respected bettor in the game today. He's educated thousands of horseplayers over his 40 years. There is nobody more knowledgeable about "The Sport of Kings" than "Bomb".

--- The late George Bradford (manager of Defunct Downs)

Chapter 1: What Has to be Done

To cash every race, you have to bet every horse.

Chapter 2: How to do it

Bet every horse.

Chapter 3: A Day at the Races

I went to the track, bet every horse in every race, and cashed every race.

Epilogue:

I've been using this method for 40 years, and I've cashed every race. If you use this method, you'll cash every race too. Good luck!

The End:

That's all, you hamburgers! The book's finished!

---

The sad part is that what I just wrote isn't much worse than "Win Every Race" is.

Again, stay far away.

Dave Schwartz
09-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Do you take credit cards? I've just got to have it!

:lol:

maxwell
09-10-2008, 05:38 PM
When I read this thread-opener I said to myself, "This can't be OUR Dave Schwartz!" :D

jjtuttle131
10-01-2008, 04:29 AM
THX Infront, for heading us off at the pass......:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

best,
There a methhod to my madness
Harness racing is a dying sport. The Renaissance that a lot of us were hoping for; never came to fruition. So, I added that little anecdotal story about a day at the runners, for two very valid reasons.

A. In the world of harness racing, almost all of the races are contested at a flat mile distance. The final 1/8 will ALWAYS equate to 12.5 (in my progression/regression theory); in this method of handicapping.

B. Due to the fact that the thoroughbreds run at varying distances (and for the most part standardbreds do not); I deemed it a highly pertinent anecdote. Because, it was my hope; that it might create a level of comfort (to my readers); that "the math" is a lot easier to absorb, when the ground gained or lost, would always be a "given" 12.5% for each length gained or lost during that final 1/8!

If a standardbred were to make up three lengths in the final 1/8; that would equate to a +37.5 "progression" rate. Additionally, if his/her previous (4) races looked something like this: +25, -12.5, -37.5, +50; then, said horse would have derived a "number" of +62.5. But (in my infinite wisdom), I choose to add that "overall number" to its last race number (37.5), and then divide by 2. That gives you an added element of objectivity. And, it also allows one the ability to "forecast" exactly what said horse might accomplish, for their impending race. This mythical horse's derived or projected number that came to +50.

+50 is well above average with most stanardbreds, and slightly below "average" with thoroughbreds.

Signed,
Joseph J Tuttle

Tom Barrister
10-01-2008, 02:04 PM
So you're saying that the "average" thoroughbred will have a net gain of four lengths in the final eighth its last five races? How is that possible?

jjtuttle131
10-01-2008, 03:17 PM
I was making a hypothetical scenario. But, on occasion, you will indeed see a horse absolutely be running "out of his skin", and make up 4 in the final 1/8. It happened in last years breeders cup sprint, remember?

jjtuttle131
10-01-2008, 03:34 PM
Sir,

Example: The final 1/8 of a 6 furlong race = 17% of said race, in total. If a horse were to gain three lengths in that final furlong, then, he/she has now derived a "progression rate" of 17x3 =+51. In harness racing (since almost all of the races are contested at a flat 1-mile distance); a harness horse making up the same amount of ground would equal the following.....12.5x3 = +37.5.

Hopefully, I've alleviated any of your confusion?

Donnie
10-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Doesn't the velocity of the pace of that last 1/8 have anything to do with comparing one horse's last 1/8 gain/loss to another's? I would think that a horse who gains 4 lengthes on average at sloooooow pace, will get smoked by a horse who gains 3 lengthes on average in a faster paced final 1/8. After all, the second horse is covering the ground quicker, but both horses may be travelling at a faster pace (the horse in the lead and the horse cutting into that lead). The "gain" may be made by a horse running into a collapsing horse, but at a slower speed.

jjtuttle131
10-01-2008, 05:24 PM
I believe that your horse has a distinct advantage....Your horse is running into a faster pace, which probably means that the "rabbit" stopped, and compromised others in said race....Think about it???

Whereas, a horse that makes up ground on "slower" internal fractions (in my humble opinion); is actually doing the better/harder work. Because, the horses closer to the front; should still have a lot of energy left, due to the SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOWER fractions!

Signed,
Joseph J Tuttle

BIG HIT
10-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Pace fast or slow closer have to depend on front horse collapseing and they have to keep close enough to pace to over take some just can't close on fast pace and vice versa.Comfort zone lack of word there same situation as horse on front just on back end.

Bill Cullen
10-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Wouldn't you love to own a piece of one of these publishers?
I once saw a book entitled (something like) "How to Beat Lotto."
The book was in its fifth printing!

Bill C