...and pricey, too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1438287569/ref=pe_5050_10258430_pe_snp_569

banacek
09-07-2008, 06:48 PM
I believe its by one of our own.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45533

Tom
09-07-2008, 07:57 PM
I wonder if it is the e-book I bought before?

banacek
09-07-2008, 08:48 PM
I wonder if it is the e-book I bought before?

I think it is. I bought the ebook too. He says on the thread that he was going to get it printed into an a book.

Tom
09-07-2008, 10:13 PM
What did you think of the e book?
I was pleased with it...thought he did a nice job.
Good reading.

Donnie
09-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Congrats Prentice!! Good luck on your book!!

banacek
09-07-2008, 10:24 PM
What did you think of the e book?
I was pleased with it...thought he did a nice job.
Good reading.

I agree. I'd give it a solid 7/10. I might even buy a copy of the book book, instead of the ebook.

infrontby1
09-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Anybody read the book?

Is it worth getting?

Niko
09-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Wow Tom you found it....how did it come up in a search?

I've been checking and saw Friday it was on Amazon. I couldn't find it in a search until I did it by the title. I'll have to try again..I've been gone all weekend without computer time and have just gotten back late Sunday night.

I was waiting until the book was on Amazon before I e-mailed the few people who bought the e-book. I will offer some type of rebate to all previous buyers of the e-book to help offset the cost of the printed book if they'd like the final version. Because I only make a percentage of the Amazon sale it will cost what profit I have but I feel it's the right thing to do. Hopefully I'll get around to that tomorrow.

Now the hard work starts, how to get noticed in the market place and on Amazon. I ordered some copies of the book that I'll hopefully get soon. If anyone writes a blog or is associated with a mag etc on horse racing I'll send a free copy for review if can offer proof. I'm making a list and giving it a shot. Of course I'll send one to Gambler's Book Club.

Hopefully that's ok to add Mike....if not delete the end.

Tom
09-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Amazon sent me a notice of the book - it met criteria of my latest purchases.

Jake
09-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Amazon sent me a notice of the book - it met criteria of my latest purchases.
The same here.

Jake

Tom Barrister
09-08-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm going to order the book, as well.

Tom Barrister
09-13-2008, 05:00 PM
I read the book. I would imagine that anybody who reads it will get something useful from it, although I don't know if the methodology itself works. It has much interesting information. Many of the ideas have appeared in various other places, but that's probably true of any handicapping book, and the author presents them a bit differently.

If you're looking for a Magic Black Box, this probably isn't it. You're going to have to do the work and use judgement, even if you buy the corresponding computer program (which based on the examples in the book, appears to automate much of the methodology).

If you're the type that's satisifed with a book as long as you get something useful from it, then you should buy this book. There's bound to be something worthwhile it it for almost everybody.