PDA

View Full Version : EXACTA MODEL

amazingD
09-07-2008, 09:06 AM
I recently read where playing the exact based on the running style of the horses was used. In example the horse you select has a F style. Then you should only use horses with the closing or sustained or pressing style of running and exclude all other front or early types because they will be compromised.

HUSKER55
09-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Does it work for you?

husker55

:)

raybo
09-07-2008, 11:24 AM
I recently read where playing the exact based on the running style of the horses was used. In example the horse you select has a F style. Then you should only use horses with the closing or sustained or pressing style of running and exclude all other front or early types because they will be compromised.

If, by saying "the horse you select has a F style", you have already determined that the other "F" horses in the race will not cause your selection to be compromised also, then what you say, of the "other front or early types", could be true. However, as most of us know, when you have more than 1 "F" horse in a race almost anything is possible, concerning not only the place horse but also the win horse.

Dave Schwartz
09-07-2008, 11:25 AM
WHat is an "F"?

amazingD
09-07-2008, 12:24 PM
An F horse must make the lead to win. E is early. I have noticed if two F horses are in the same race they will obviously hurt the other unless one is way faster early. Obviously this F horse would be less of a play if there were more than one in there. Maybe an lone F would be a good play with closers but exclude the early types and use only the closers and pressers.

CincyHorseplayer
09-08-2008, 01:16 PM
It all depends on the nuances of the track that day.On August 23rd at TDN frontrunners and pressers were winning both the #1-2 slots of the exacta in sprints.The very next day the win-hole was fairly even but the place hole was dominated by off-pace horses.On days truly favoring speed horses within 2 lengths of the lead at the 1st call will finish 1-2.Many days have opposing styles in the 1-2 slots.But regardless of profiles in either hole most races conform to an individual race-pace bias.

kitts
09-08-2008, 01:50 PM
I find that the Running Style/Position report available from HDW a great assistance. I choose my win horse (let's say he is a E3) and then I look at the "adjacent" horses (here that would be the"4 and 5" or the "1 and 2". HDW assigns every horse a running style and a predicted first call. I also require opposing running style to my win pick and then buy a 3 horse box.

http://www.horsedata.com/

Tom
09-08-2008, 03:05 PM
If you don't have a computer program to spit out a report, keep a hand profile - just redords distance, surface, track condition, winner's RS and Place horse's RS as a minimum.

Robert Fischer
09-08-2008, 03:45 PM
race dynamics are complicated

amazingD
09-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Wonder what the allburger says about races with all early and one closer. I saw a 4 horse race this weekend where that happened. The closer paid 18 bucks to win. He was 10 speed pts slower than the others on paper. Guess what they all did to each other. He had a PACE ADVANTAGE.

amazingD
09-08-2008, 07:51 PM
LOOK AT THE 5TH 7TH AND 8TH AT CALDER LAST SAT AND ESPECIALLY THE 2ND AT CHARLESTOWN. AT CHARLESTOWN THERE WERE 2 CLOSERS AND 5 SPEEDS.