PDA

View Full Version : Cappin Chatter - 9/6

nobeyerspls
09-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Longball - You da man last week. You pick three horses and get two winners and a scratch. I stunk the place up. My single at Woodbine was up the track and I went five deep in the first leg of the pick3 without a winner.
Chalky - Don't be so hard on yourself. You cited two key horses at Saratoga and one of them won at 9-1. Both of my winners were 4/5. Anyway, it's a brand new day. Jonnalieu was invited as a guest handicapper but he may not show so let's each do some races at Belmont. The more the better.
Longball - I get it. Throw enough crap at the wall and something might stick.
Chalky - Not exactly my choice of words, but yes. I'll start. In the 1st, Pocatello (3-1) and Sonny's the One (5-1) make a nice exacta. The latter is in the hands of solid off the claim trainer. I wanted to post #4 and #6 in the 2nd but I think that they'll be off the turf with rain expected all afternoon. If the Grade 1 Garden City stays on, the entry is solid at a short price and #3 My Princess Jess (4-1) can complete the exacta and might even win it. She's won three in a row and was steadied but still won that last Grade 2 on a soft course.
Longball - OK. Both #3 Holy Tribute (9/2) and and #5 Peleliu (5/2) have been freshened in the 4th. Looks like an easy exacta. I've got two second lifetime starters in the 5th, #6 Who Plays Brahms (7/2) and #5 Imandra (6-1). They make the exacta and #2 Miss Royale (6-1) completes the tri. In the 7th, #8 Urban Flight (6-1) looks strong. I don't normally bet the boys off a layoff but Violette has good stats and the horse is working well. Arrrrr has won two in a row but sometimes those Saratoga winners regress at Belmont.
Chalky - Looks like all we missed was the 6th. Didn't you think that #6 Ide Rejoice (3-1) looked solid in there?
Longball - He might need to be lone speed and #4 Itsonlyjohnny (5-1) could go with him and the #9 Desret Quest (12-1) looks live. Now that you mention it though, with seven consecuitie races we could do a win4 and rolling pick3's and doubles.
Chalky - There you go again. First you lament how lousy you were last week and now you want to blow our bankroll on horizontals.
Longball - When you fall off the horse you get back on and anyway, to quote you, "it's a brand new day".

RichieP
09-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Nbp
Thanks and the very best of luck/skill today! Tel "Figgy" I said hi! :cool:

Belmont could be awash shortly in a deluge of rain. We are expecting 2-5 inches of rain here starting this afternoon.

jonnielu
09-06-2008, 11:37 AM
I'd bet against the favorites if win betting with these:

1st - #1
2nd - #6
3rd - #5
4th - #3
5th - #5
6th - #9
7th - #8
8th - #7
9th - #6
10th - #2

If I were betting P3's I'd add the ML favorites and these, for 3 per race:

1st - #4
2nd - #4
3rd - #8
4th - #1
5th - #4
6th - #1
7th - #1
8th - #5
9th - #7
10th - #8

Based on their ratings in relation to the favorites.

jdl

nobeyerspls
09-06-2008, 11:46 AM
Thanks for posting. I didn't think that you saw the invitation on the other thread. Posting picks now is difficult as we don't know what the surface will be like. If the rain hits early, sloppy to muddy would be the outlook.

jonnielu
09-06-2008, 01:37 PM
I'd bet against the favorites if win betting with these:

1st - #1
2nd - #6
3rd - #5
4th - #3
5th - #5
6th - #9
7th - #8
8th - #7
9th - #6
10th - #2

If I were betting P3's I'd add the ML favorites and these, for 3 per race:

1st - #4
2nd - #4
3rd - #8
4th - #1
5th - #4
6th - #1
7th - #1
8th - #5
9th - #7
10th - #8

Based on their ratings in relation to the favorites.

jdl

In the 3rd, I'll substitute #2 for the scratched #8

chickenhead
09-06-2008, 02:28 PM
BEL 6th, #5.