PDA

View Full Version : florida derby

robbierobb
03-14-2003, 11:21 AM
well (TRUST N LUCK) LOOKS TO ME AS MORE OF A LONE SPEED HERE THEN HE EVER DID.????? IS CAN HE HANDLE THE XTRA
DISTANCE HMMMM IF THIS HORSE GETS TO RELAX A BIT ON THE FRONT TILL THE HALF MILE POLE THE HORSE IS DEFINATELY TALENTED ENUFF TO WIRE THEM.
AS MY #'S SHOW HE WILL BE TUFF TO BEAT I THINK THAT(EMPIRE MAKER) IS THE ONLY HORSE WITH A REAL SHOT OF RUNNING HIM DOWN.RAN AGAINST THE VERY TALENTED (TOCCET) EMPIRE HAD
SOME PROBLEMS THAT RACE.
I ALWAYS LIKED THIS RACE BECAUSE THE RACE SHAPE SHOWS
1 REAL SPEED TYPE AND THE REST ALL SORT MIDDLE AND 1 RUN
CLOSERS.THIS IS A RACE WHERE WE KNOW WHAT THE STYLE OF
RUN ARE BUT THE TRAINERS MIGHT HAVE A DIFFERENT PLAN OF ATTACK.LIKE TO SEE WHAT HORSES TRY TO MAKE A MUCH EARLIER
MOVE THEN THEY ARE USED TO AND SEE WHO WILL COME OUT OK.
MY TRI'S WILL LOOK LIKE THIS:
1-6-3
1-6-4
6-1-3
6-1-4
PROBABLY A BIG EXACTA EACH WAY ON 1-6 6-1.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL HOPE TO SEE YOU AT THE WINDOW.
:cool:

Richard
03-14-2003, 07:52 PM
I'm going with Trust N Luck.While i realize Empire Maker poses a serious threat,I feel the edge goes to Trust who has proven he can win at GP.Trust will have to get the early break,of course,but he's proven he is strong enough to do that.

PaceAdvantage
03-14-2003, 09:52 PM
Trust N Luck reminds me a bit of my favorite horse of all time (check avatar)....It's the first time that's ever happened since Holy Bull retired....

I hope TNL does well, as I have this feeling about him I often don't get at this time of year....

==PA

Boris
03-15-2003, 02:35 AM
I expect an overreaction to the pace in this race. Earnings begin to become an issue for a few of this if they want to make the gate in KY. My guess is they heat up to a sub 1:10 split. Indy Dancer has much less to do here and and gets a ticket to the dance.

Tee
03-15-2003, 03:07 AM
Post position #1 has not been kind to horses going 9 furlongs @ GP in the past few years.

The Florida Derby hasn't had a winner break from the 1 hole in quite some time as well.

We'll find out later today!!

kitts
03-15-2003, 11:42 AM
I'll jump in. I like Senor Swinger.

pasco
03-15-2003, 12:16 PM
midway cat is sitting on an improving race..trouble in last but
not today should turn the tables on the other 2 that beat him
last out...

Derek2U
03-15-2003, 12:25 PM
TNL .... the expected FAV ... is a Bad FAV, IMO. (Last Out I loved
him). Why, Derek, I hear you all asking. Because with a 1MIL
Purse NO ONE, REPEAT NO ONE, is going to let him lope along
on the lead --- or, if he shows great ES, most of these jockeys
are stupid RE pace & so you can bet some jockey will pursue him
through ANY & ALL fractions. Thus, He Will Tire & Lose. I reserve
the right to delete this post after the race should TNL win big.

ponyplayer
03-15-2003, 12:54 PM
Fla Derby
#1 Trust N Luck
#4 Indy Dancer
#6 Empire Maker
:confused:

freeneasy
03-15-2003, 03:05 PM
yeah, great point D, if there was semmingly no other way to beat this horse then you might be forced to find the next best way to beat him. Iam sure this has come up for disscussion between trainer and jock and theyve settled on a few alternitives for "just in cases" sake. and after thats all said and done I think theyll still all be hopping that somehow he will have to beat himself to lose. I also reserve the right to blame Derek for all the world problems.

linrom1
03-15-2003, 03:12 PM
FL Derby

1$ Tri

Trust 'N Luck
over
Midway Cat/ Empire Maker/Formal Attire

linrom1
03-15-2003, 03:22 PM
FL Derby

I might have to use #2 Supah Blitz in gimmicks. I think this horse will like the extra ground to rally off pace.

Derek2U
03-15-2003, 04:03 PM
Are you sure you bet enuff horses w/ TNL? Theres still the
outriders left.

linrom1
03-15-2003, 04:49 PM
Hey Derek,

The reason that most people lose is because they're always one horse short. I am not making the same mistake.:D

azibuck
03-15-2003, 11:09 PM
Few things in life are as funny as unintentional humor.