PDA

View Full Version : Turfway horsemen agree to TVG exclusivity

trigger
09-06-2008, 02:10 AM
>>>>>>>>>"Turfway President Bob Elliston said the Florence, Ky., track's contract with TVG, which expires in April, meets the horsemen's demands. TVG pays a fee on bets made on Turfway races and another charge -- called a source-market fee -- on wagers Kentucky customers make through TVG."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
""We demonstrated (to horsemen) that the effective compensation that both the track and the horsemen get from the TVG exclusive arrangement is greater than the one-third share that they perceive that all (account-wagering providers) should be paying horsemen," Elliston said."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
"What account wagering will be like in the future could be influenced by several factors currently playing out -- TVG is for sale and a Churchill business partner is negotiating with THG.
Officials with the YouBet account-wagering company have indicated they will look at a bid for TVG, the television network and account-wagering company. Churchill is viewed within the industry as a potential buyer.
"We cannot comment on any specific deal, as always we look for opportunities to grow," Churchill's Flanery said yesterday.
Also, Magna Entertainment Corp. is negotiating with horsemen on its own. The racetrack company is a Churchill business partner and has been aligned with the Louisville company in the account-wagering dispute.
Reeves said discussions with Magna have been ongoing, and "I think we're very close to an agreement with Magna."
Like Churchill, Magna owns its own account-wagering platform, XpressBet. The two track operators formed a joint venture, TrackNet Media, to market races to account-wagering companies.
Reeves said he didn't know how Magna would reconcile any horsemen's agreement with TrackNet.
Churchill's Flanery said yesterday that "the TrackNet partnership continues.""

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080904/BUSINESS/809040382/1037/SPORTS08

RichieP
09-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Any and all tracks that agree to any form of exclusivity are FINISHED as far as getting my internet wager bucks. Period.

Adios Turfway Park. :ThmbDown:

R.I.P.

Tom
09-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Me too, in fact, I think we should boot the whole state of Kentucky out of the union! :rolleyes::D

No support for tracks that do not support me.
Ky and Fla area forever off my list of tracks.

cj
09-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Isn't TVG only in a small number of states. This whole thing is such a joke it defies belief.

rrbauer
09-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Isn't TVG only in a small number of states. This whole thing is such a joke it defies belief.

True statement.

Their kin, Youbet, will happily sign you up in states where TVG doesn't do business.

cj
09-06-2008, 03:02 PM
Funny story about TVG. I had an account back when War Emblem and Farda Amiga completed the Oaks/Derby double. I hit it and had a nice sum in my account. A few days later, my account was closed and a check arrived in the mail without any notice at all.

I assumed it was because they figured out I placed the bets from Saudi Arabia. Nope...wrong. It was because I was an Oklahoma resident...DOH!

the little guy
09-08-2008, 02:34 PM
Funny story about TVG. I had an account back when War Emblem and Farda Amiga completed the Oaks/Derby double. I hit it and had a nice sum in my account. A few days later, my account was closed and a check arrived in the mail without any notice at all.

I assumed it was because they figured out I placed the bets from Saudi Arabia. Nope...wrong. It was because I was an Oklahoma resident...DOH!

Redboarder.

JustRalph
09-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Redboarder.
:lol: :lol:

cj
09-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Redboarder.

It was the last ticket I've cashed.